Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Aug 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3841592)   #26
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His main problem of his own making was that people saw him as a target due to his consistent views of agreeing with and defending everything that is Supercars. It is almost dogmatic in fervour and as far as he is concerned they can do no wrong. I did notice that he seemed to be mellowing on that lately though.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 20:30 (Ref:3842627)   #27
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While posters should be free to express their opinions, when the discusson degenerates to the point of being uncivil, the admin need to step in.

That they didn't despite a number of requests to do so has probably been a contributing factor to the amount of posting seeming to have noticeably declined.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 23:26 (Ref:3842647)   #28
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honestly I wish this thread had declined.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 04:06 (Ref:3842693)   #29
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
While posters should be free to express their opinions, when the discusson degenerates to the point of being uncivil, the admin need to step in.

That they didn't despite a number of requests to do so has probably been a contributing factor to the amount of posting seeming to have noticeably declined.
Just my two cents but I don't think the decline in participation has anything to do with dogmatic posters or apathetic administration. I think it's a-bit deeper than that, and probably goes to the core of the sports direction and narrow market reach (ie. foxtel).

If it's not in peoples faces, people ain't gonna talk about it!
Old 10 Aug 2018, 06:29 (Ref:3842704)   #30
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BLAAG wrote:
"Just my two cents but I don't think the decline in participation has anything to do with dogmatic posters or apathetic administration. I think it's a-bit deeper than that, and probably goes to the core of the sports direction and narrow market reach (ie. foxtel).
If it's not in peoples faces, people ain't gonna talk about it!"

I think you hit the nail on the head.....

Pecky was a"sock puppet" for supercars...
Old 10 Aug 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3842844)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Honestly I wish this thread had declined.
There is still time.........
Old 10 Aug 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3842897)   #32
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg View Post
Just my two cents but I don't think the decline in participation has anything to do with dogmatic posters or apathetic administration. I think it's a-bit deeper than that, and probably goes to the core of the sports direction and narrow market reach (ie. foxtel).

If it's not in peoples faces, people ain't gonna talk about it!
Has zero to do with Foxtel and more to do with social media. All forums are declining due to Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Aug 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3842949)   #33
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Has zero to do with Foxtel and more to do with social media. All forums are declining due to Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I agree with you that facebook hasn't helped the situation, but discussion on facebook these days is also down... I honestly feel 'Supercars' heavy handed approach to media control is killing the conversation, everywhere.

Heck, you can't even upload a small clip to Youtube of some supercars action to share with your mates without it being removed for copyright infringement within hours.

Soon they will control the conversation on these forums.... or is that already happening?
Old 11 Aug 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3843077)   #34
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Peckstar was Kate Peck?? Either way, not missing the augmentative and one-eyed posts.
Old 12 Aug 2018, 02:32 (Ref:3843095)   #35
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaarg View Post
I agree with you that facebook hasn't helped the situation, but discussion on facebook these days is also down... I honestly feel 'Supercars' heavy handed approach to media control is killing the conversation, everywhere.

Heck, you can't even upload a small clip to Youtube of some supercars action to share with your mates without it being removed for copyright infringement within hours.

Soon they will control the conversation on these forums.... or is that already happening?
I think it has more to do with the quality of the discussions themselves. Certainly on Facebook, every conversation is just arguing between one eyed fanboys/girls without much intelligent and interesting conversing. It drives away those who genuinely wish to discuss the sport. Same can be said for speedCafe comments and many forums.
Old 12 Aug 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3843243)   #36
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I thought Peckstar was Kate Peck?? Either way, not missing the augmentative and one-eyed posts.
kinda fits, particular the 'star' after the peck - ego - I always thought it was a female due to the logic sometimes on display