Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Aug 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3846476)   #46
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I was there all 3 days and have to agree the V8 races were a bit ho-hum.
But you get that in racing, not all races are going to be edge of your seat excitement.
Unfortunately for Ford fans, the weekend was about chasing 888 and failing.

Parity can't be totally to blame, because Saturdays 20lap Porsche race was fantastic to watch.
FF put on a good show too.

The place needs a little more shade around the place. Trees will assist with the dust issue also. There are some long walks across rough terrain which I'm sure will be addressed in time. I was concerned for some of the older folks with the walking, maybe some temporary seating would have helped to give people places to rest as they make their way to their destination.
Wind was crisp but the sun was warm. More toilet facilities required I think. I spent a bit of time Friday on the mound at T14/15/16 which was a decent viewing spot but no toilet close by (this was where the biggest bar was too ironically). With large grids spreading out throughout the race, you could look across at the run between T13 and 14 and behind see cars racing between T5 and 6, then behind that you could see them between T6 and 7 and then further back again moving between 9 and 10.
With GA tickets I had no access to the building so will have to return on a "lesser" weekend for a look, but I comfortably watched Sundays qualifying from behind the RedBull pit bays (my son was standing close by doing the same with DJR garage) and was impressed with the garage sizes and access. Further back from the track, other categories also seemed to be looked after well with good sized permanent garages and plenty of room to move about.
Overall an impressive place, I look forward to watching it continue to develop.
I was there all three days as well and quite enjoyed the weekend.

Fantastic facility and the support classes provided some great racing.

Perhaps a reminder to Australian Motor Sport fans that racing exists outside of Supercars!

Probably the place needs a bit of fine tuning to appeal to trackside fans. More big screens, higher spectator mounds etc.

Year two (of Supercars) will provide a better test when we see how many fans return, curiosity would have been a factor this year.

Apparently it took some time to get out of the car parks but once on the Highway traffic moved OK.

Overall though an 8 out 10
Old 27 Aug 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3846500)   #47
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
It also highlighted how 'they' (read: 'race control') couldn't control the outcome, i.e. "a sprint to the end" - no safety cars to bunch them up etc
this is my favourite tinfoil hat supercars theory, and it's so argument proof

A) if debris or a crash causes a late safety car, the theory is correct
B) if there is no safety car, it's the exception that proves the theory is correct
Old 27 Aug 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3846583)   #48
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mate, I have worn the same headset as race control, you can call it a tinfoil hat theory if you want . I have heard Schenken first hand
Old 28 Aug 2018, 02:16 (Ref:3846628)   #49
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah the TB 2019 round will be interesting to see the sites development progress and the number of fans that return. Comparing it to SA's CBD race, I thought there was a real difference in the attitude of the people attending, mainly less people on the **** and more interest in how teams and categories tackle a new track. (in short, more people interested in the motorsport, rather than the event)

Getting in and out of the track was quite easy for us for 2 of 3 days. Its a little slow in the carpark when leaving but once you were on the highway and reached the 80kmh section it was business as usual.
Except for Sunday after V8s last race. We were stuck for 40 minutes in the one spot watching all other lines moving. We had the Territory so I eventually followed the lead of other 4WDs and hit the dirt until I reached the highway intersection 3 minutes later. Maybe a few more officials required to keep ALL lines moving next time.
Was a great family weekend, I'm glad I made the effort.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 04:07 (Ref:3846645)   #50
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Yeah the TB 2019 round will be interesting to see the sites development progress and the number of fans that return. Comparing it to SA's CBD race, I thought there was a real difference in the attitude of the people attending, mainly less people on the **** and more interest in how teams and categories tackle a new track. (in short, more people interested in the motorsport, rather than the event)

Getting in and out of the track was quite easy for us for 2 of 3 days. Its a little slow in the carpark when leaving but once you were on the highway and reached the 80kmh section it was business as usual.
Except for Sunday after V8s last race. We were stuck for 40 minutes in the one spot watching all other lines moving. We had the Territory so I eventually followed the lead of other 4WDs and hit the dirt until I reached the highway intersection 3 minutes later. Maybe a few more officials required to keep ALL lines moving next time.
Was a great family weekend, I'm glad I made the effort.
Should have hung around to watch the support races which were on after the V8 race. That was ,I assume, designed to lessen the chance of everybody heading out as soon as the V8 race was over. FF was the last race and the open wheel category provided great racing over the weekend, worth staying for.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3846804)   #51
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Should have hung around to watch the support races which were on after the V8 race. That was ,I assume, designed to lessen the chance of everybody heading out as soon as the V8 race was over. FF was the last race and the open wheel category provided great racing over the weekend, worth staying for.
Yeah I thought the extra racing would have staggered the numbers of people leaving.
We had to return as early as possible to collect our dog but I reckon I could have seen more racing and still been back at reasonable time. Lesson for next time.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 02:28 (Ref:3847160)   #52
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf196565824=1

Quote:
Asked about the respect between himself and van Gisbergen, McLaughlin said: ďPeople can believe whatever, but I race Shane as hard as I race anyone else.

ďWeíre racing for a title and itís going to get hairy in places, but it doesnít make me race him differently to anyone else.

ďI donít have any anger towards him because Iím racing him in the championship, we just race hard and fair and get on with it

ďItís hard racing, itís cunning racing. Iíve learnt a lot racing him over the years and Iíve always felt itís been a fair battle.

ďI donít think he races me different to anyone else and I feel I do exactly the same thing.Ē
The media is always going to try to beat this up but there is healthy respect here and it is refreshing to see after the likes of Ingall, Ambrose, Winterbottom and others were too aggressive, held grudges and at times it affected their driving & results.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3847887)   #53
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was all very unnecessary. Lots of off topic stuff deleted. There's a report button for anything outside the forum rules if you think something needs it.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3848565)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
V8SC had disappeared from motorsport.tv again.

I've been waitimg for the Bend rounds to come up but it wasn't even shown live?
Old 14 Sep 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3850171)   #55
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe MotorsportTV is dead again, online only from the end of this month. Very sad. Although all of its advertising revenue appeared to come from charities - £3 a month can provide advertising for 4 different children's charities for a week - so can't have been bringing lots in.

Very sad. Now apparently run by James Allen. Read into that what you wish!