Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jun 2001, 18:00 (Ref:110805)   #1
F1Babe
Rookie

F1Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todt to retire after 2004

Jean Todt has revealed today that he may vacate his position as sporting director at Ferrari after the 2004 season

Todt has been at Ferrari for eight years and has recently signed a new contract that will see his services stay with the Italian outfit until the end of 2004. Todt agreed a new contract along with Ross Brawn, Ferrari's technical director, Rory Byrne, chief designer, Paolo Martinelli, engine designer and of course Michael Schumacher himself sealed his future with Ferrari until 2004.
The Frenchman insists he is happy where he is. "Now I lead a dream team of very good people, we are all very happy together. The team is strong, the spirit is strong, Ferrari is a great company and still has a passion for motor racing, so I may not be very young any more but still able to do and be willing to do the job."

Yet asked what Ferrari's plans were after 2004 Todt did not feature himself.

"It is decided in my head that somebody will take over my position after 2004," Todt said. "That's one of the reasons why we are strong, because we are not worried about somebody taking over our position. I hope that, together with my group, I will be able to identify the good people for Ferrari to succeed after 2004, but bearing in mind that the first appointment is 2001."

For now though the team is concentrating on the present situation at Ferrari and the sporting director warned against complacency. "We are doing quite well, but things can change very quickly. We have eight races in front of us, so we must be focused on the present time and then speak about the next year and the new car."