Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 May 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3412127)   #4701
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The rumour mill is on fire. How does a rumoured Mclaren-Honda tie-up effect a rumoured RedBull Honda tie-up?
Red Bull-Honda in sportscars? Where has that been pulled from? This is like Chinese whispers.

I love the concept of rumoured tie-ups effecting other rumoured tie-ups. People are really reaching.
Old 29 May 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3412128)   #4702
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Red Bull-Honda in sportscars? Where has that been pulled from? This is like Chinese whispers.

I love the concept of rumoured tie-ups effecting other rumoured tie-ups. People are really reaching.
If you love that you'll love the Motorsport.com (I think, I'll try find it) piece with Helmut Marko talking about Red Bull considering VAG engines in F1 by way of saying that they already have some 'similar' engines in sportscars...
Old 29 May 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3412129)   #4703
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
If you love that you'll love the Motorsport.com (I think, I'll try find it)
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...switch-report/
Old 29 May 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3412130)   #4704
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't yell at me,somebody else started the rumor.Just like when I started to see key Honda people at Woking and I posted on another Honda fan site that Honda is going back to F1 with Mclaren,everybody not in the know thought I was crazy and mean for starting a rumor.

Facts......Honda took the P1 project away from HPD.No word why!

Facts......There is another project being set up at the new Mugen/HondaF1 shop in England.And Mclaren is working on a secret racing project at the moment.
And it's not the NSX(I work on that).

Facts......Rules are more open with power train in P1(Pretty much it took over the top spot from F1 just more people watch F1).
Old 29 May 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3412133)   #4705
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm I'm nont sure if a simple tweet has been taken wayyyy out of context or if there really is somthing behind this car/entry wise......

If it's ford I swear I'll quit my job and stop fixing their piece of crap cars!
Old 29 May 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3412140)   #4706
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
The tweet that got my attention was Detroit muscle going back to Le Mans.

Ford or Chevy(Penske)?
Old 29 May 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3412141)   #4707
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ecoboost in a P2...

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 29 May 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3412142)   #4708
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
If it's ford I swear I'll quit my job and stop fixing their piece of crap cars!
...and start fixing those well built GM autos?

Old 29 May 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3412145)   #4709
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I'm afraid it could be Ecoboost P2 too but GG said "I can't think of a more significant announcement"... if taking that literally, P1 is definitely more significant.
Old 29 May 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3412147)   #4710
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P2 ecoboost wouldn't be bad,it'd be hilarious but not the worst.

Gm is just as bad as ford I'd rather fix toyota's.
Old 29 May 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3412149)   #4711
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Ecoboost in a P2...
....hmmmm I know a Ford Racing rep going to Le Mans.
Old 29 May 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3412155)   #4712
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Honda is looking into buying equity in Mclaren.

Buy out ill Mansour Ojjeh 25% share ?

Mclaren Automotive could use the help of a big manufacture to share cost and Honda would like a performance and racing branch.Also help them to inter Tier 1 luxury market(elites would buy a Mclaren powered by Honda over Acura).
Old 29 May 2014, 03:58 (Ref:3412170)   #4713
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also remember something somewhere about a rumoured Mclaren-Honda P1 project already well plotted out. Same stage as Nissan or even further along in development...I'd love to see nice things come to fruition. But you know what they say about nice things...
Old 29 May 2014, 04:02 (Ref:3412172)   #4714
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
....hmmmm I know a Ford Racing rep going to Le Mans.
Hmmmmm. Yeah, and I know an Italian Ferrrari F1 driver is going to be waving a French flag on a coming Saturday afternoon...

Having fun along with all of the other folks with the rampant speculation. I just hope it isn't a waivered Mustang.

Old 29 May 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3412177)   #4715
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
P2 ecoboost wouldn't be bad,it'd be hilarious but not the worst.

Gm is just as bad as ford I'd rather fix toyota's.

Hey, wait... I thought Toyota's never broke?!

Old 29 May 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3412183)   #4716
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
I know an Italian Ferrrari F1 driver is going to be waving a French flag on a coming Saturday afternoon...
He's Spanish.
Old 29 May 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3412191)   #4717
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Don't yell at me,somebody else started the rumor.Just like when I started to see key Honda people at Woking and I posted on another Honda fan site that Honda is going back to F1 with Mclaren,everybody not in the know thought I was crazy and mean for starting a rumor.

Facts......There is another project being set up at the new Mugen/HondaF1 shop in England.And Mclaren is working on a secret racing project at the moment.

Facts......Rules are more open with power train in P1(Pretty much it took over the top spot from F1 just more people watch F1).
Thanks for the insight - that is really interesting and potentially exciting.
Old 29 May 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3412267)   #4718
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
In other outstanding news pieces. Jordan Taylor is indeed cutting off his mullet.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/jo...-watkins-glen/

Seriously... this is news? LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I was debating whether this "article", or the Deltawing press release was supposed to be the funny story hinted at yesterday

But since the Jordan "news" was the one written by Dagys I guess that was the one... really funny wasn't it ... really... funny...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Such hard hitting journalism. Good lord.

Guess what happened...

Old 29 May 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3412271)   #4719
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Says a lot about the state of the media. Sensationalistic non-storys make big headlines, the rest does not.

If I was John I would be offended instead of happy. But I guess exposure is everything.
Old 29 May 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3412276)   #4720
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Says a lot about the state of the media. Sensationalistic non-storys make big headlines, the rest does not.

If I was John I would be offended instead of happy. But I guess exposure is everything.
Yep
Old 29 May 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3412286)   #4721
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...to-buy-a-stake
Old 29 May 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3412328)   #4722
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While I agree a story about some guy's hair is pretty uninteresting, it is informing people of the charity going on with it. If the article manages to increase awareness of the raffle and more tickets are sold then it is a good thing, yeah?
Old 29 May 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3412329)   #4723
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post

Any idea why the Wirth Research ARX04A has been abandoned?
Old 29 May 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3412334)   #4724
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by templer View Post
Any idea why the Wirth Research ARX04A has been abandoned?
Because LMP1 privateer market is dead and no-one has been willing to make investments with them, making new model construction obsolete. They aren't gonna build something if they don't have assurance it's gonna be picked up by somebody, and HPD itself isn't running these cars
Old 29 May 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3412336)   #4725
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If memory helps me the arx04 lmp1 plot was this: HPD was going to build an lmp1 coupè with Wirth using a modified version of the V6 2.2 turbo of indycars for the 2014 season. Problem is that before the start of work, HPD was looking for customers, but none was going to buy one. Because of this, the car was delayed for 2015. At the end HPD gave up and decided to convert the project in an lmp2 car.