Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Apr 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2681823)   #551
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent news, fingers crossed that it now progresses well.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2681842)   #552
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is on the local news web site.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/sp...l/article.html

As the article says the full story tomorrow.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2682056)   #553
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be bad news indeed. Rather than getting worried probably best just to see who the new operators of Donnington are first.
Old 1 May 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2682884)   #554
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

It's beginning to sound positive people - keep the dates free.

Jim
Old 2 May 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2683141)   #555
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/8652654.stm
Old 2 May 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2683304)   #556
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's some more news on the reopening.

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...on_opening.pdf
Old 2 May 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2683477)   #557
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's looking positive! I think I'll be booking some Masters Series tickets soon with any luck.
Old 6 May 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2685487)   #558
Leroy Boyce
Rookie

Leroy Boyce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the massive success of the 7th March and all the latest, fantastic news that racing will return to Donington in the Autumn, there will be another meeting to celebrate the revival of the circuit.

Please put 4th September in your diary to attend the Masters Series racing day.

Here is a Facebook link too.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi......549&index=1

Time to show the owners that they've made the right choice. So, spread the word and see you there.

Cheers,

Lee
Old 6 May 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2685522)   #559
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Boyce View Post
After the massive success of the 7th March and all the latest, fantastic news that racing will return to Donington in the Autumn, there will be another meeting to celebrate the revival of the circuit.

Please put 4th September in your diary to attend the Masters Series racing day.

Here is a Facebook link too.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi......549&index=1

Time to show the owners that they've made the right choice. So, spread the word and see you there.

Cheers,

Lee
Having attended on 7th March, I'd be there in September - but we'll be racing at Silverstone.....I've already suggested in the CSCC lounge (only viewable by CSCC members, sorry) that we should be pitching for a Donington date between Silverstone and our Snett meet in mid-October

Well done for all your work Lee!
Old 7 May 2010, 09:44 (Ref:2685861)   #560
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there in June competing...according to this week's MN [and a couple of other forums] a rally I've entered will be using Donington for a couple of tests.
Old 7 May 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2685991)   #561
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Here's some more news on the reopening.

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso...on_opening.pdf
I does indeed look positive, 'my man' has applied for an entry for this meeting. Success to all those involved.
Old 24 May 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2697186)   #562
Chris Wilson
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
Chris Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington's return

Is anyone local who can tell us if anything is occurring at the circuit, restoration wise, yet? Thanks.
Old 24 May 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2697190)   #563
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prepping for the "Download" Rock Concert at the moment. That's this w/e I think. (Pedestrian Bridge going across the A453 this morning when I went past on my way to work). Circuit work is supposed to start after that concert is out of the way & struck down.
Old 24 May 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2697248)   #564
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Download is 11th-13th June, so a while away yet. Oddly enough someone asked me this morning if restoration/remediation work had started yet...
Old 25 May 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2697924)   #565
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
This is EXCELLENT news, indeed. I look forward to a nice 3 day Welcome Back meeting.
Old 26 May 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2698551)   #566
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good news here:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...d=265230290785
Old 26 May 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2698583)   #567
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It certainly sounds good - a pragmatist at last. Also good that they're going to keep all the current staff in place.

Tight schedule to hit for the beginning of September though...
Old 26 May 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2698599)   #568
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see a racer involved, excellent news
Old 26 May 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2698611)   #569
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Great to see a racer involved, excellent news
Yup, Steve also posts on tenths and if the track comes out anywhere near as good as he presents his cars then we can look forward to an excellent venue in the future.
Old 26 May 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2698678)   #570
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's looking better people.

As I always say, I'll believe it when I can drive round it but it does now look good.

Roll on August.

Jim
Old 26 May 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2698711)   #571
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today the Adroit Group were announced as the new leaseholders on Autosport as well as in the far more authoritative This is Derbyshire

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ne...l/article.html
Old 26 May 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2698838)   #572
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Great stuff! Only raced there once - one of the last meets, last year in a CSCC inter-series race....and the hastily added grid-filler race with the GTs! - but I loved it.....

Really hope it comes back better than ever......
Old 27 May 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2699075)   #573
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent news, well done all involved.
Old 27 May 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2699189)   #574
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news and new leaseholders seemed to making all the right noises.
Old 27 May 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2699548)   #575
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
update in the derbyshire paper
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ne...l/article.html