Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3965363)   #876
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Le Mans in September. Might make a bit of a mess with regards to the next super season, but needs must
Old 18 Mar 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3965386)   #877
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Certainly, mental health, pre-existing conditions (which one of my parents has, who both are in the most at risk age group), the economic future and the economic present as well as the immediate health and safety implications are all of grave concern ATM and can cause a panicked mass. It will be hard b/c there's not much else to do and not much else to talk about currently, but we all need to find something else to do than watched the news constantly and get more panicked and worried.
I've instituted a noon check of the AJC only for the governor update and numbers although I have no idea what I'll do with that info. But beyond that, nope, not reading the news. The morning run through the racing news of course but then I try to put the phone down. Have plenty of books and now BritBox and AcornTV to watch some village murder and other British TV for variety.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3965387)   #878
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Le Mans in September. Might make a bit of a mess with regards to the next super season, but needs must
Also puts it a week before Nur24 as well. Could be busy times for factory GT drivers.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3965410)   #879
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Also puts it a week before Nur24 as well. Could be busy times for factory GT drivers.
They’ve not worried about that in the past hasn’t it been on the same weekend before? Not this year because needs must, but they should worry about it.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 21:40 (Ref:3965414)   #880
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They’ve not worried about that in the past hasn’t it been on the same weekend before? Not this year because needs must, but they should worry about it.
Used to be a week apart. There was one year there was a Spa race (think it was British GT? Might be wrong). That was the week before too. So some drivers, teams, photographers etc did Spa -> Ring -> Le Mans in one 4 week chunk.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 21:59 (Ref:3965416)   #881
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
24H Le Mans Postponed to September.
ACO confirms that this year’s Le Mans will take place on September 19-20…

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-to-september/
Crazy thing about this date is that the LM24 Moto and LM24 are now scheduled to be only two weeks apart.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 23:44 (Ref:3965428)   #882
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Crazy thing about this date is that the LM24 Moto and LM24 are now scheduled to be only two weeks apart.
Which means no Test Day two weeks prior to the race. We could see a very different race week schedule this year.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 00:09 (Ref:3965436)   #883
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Test weekend weekend before the LM24 or an expanded race week with more practice sessions?
Old 19 Mar 2020, 00:24 (Ref:3965440)   #884
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Used to be a week apart. There was one year there was a Spa race (think it was British GT? Might be wrong). That was the week before too. So some drivers, teams, photographers etc did Spa -> Ring -> Le Mans in one 4 week chunk.
That rings a bell, I think that was the case for quite a few years. I do remember one year where after LM we drove to the Nürburgring for a blast and there were some who were still hanging around after that. I might be mistaken though.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 01:35 (Ref:3965449)   #885
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Dream trip. Isle of Mann, Spa, The Ring and LM...
Old 19 Mar 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3965532)   #886
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Dream trip. Isle of Mann, Spa, The Ring and LM...
Very difficult unless you have a private plane, getting on or off the isle of man around the tt is very difficult, can be days after the last race before you can get off the island.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3965581)   #887
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Very difficult unless you have a private plane, getting on or off the isle of man around the tt is very difficult, can be days after the last race before you can get off the island.
I was working on the G6, but Covid 19 derailed that...

Joking aside, what about getting off prior to the last race? Please don't more of my hopes and dreams (joking again)
Old 19 Mar 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3965585)   #888
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
To reduce costs and alo enjoy it better, get to the island a few days early watch practice and meet everyone in the paddock before the actual races and then watch a few days actual racing and leave mid week, should also mean that you will be able to do le m,ans the same year. Or do the classic TT, better bikes, more bikes and the noise is 10 times better before they strangled the noise of the bikes.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 18:54 (Ref:3965603)   #889
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
To reduce costs and alo enjoy it better, get to the island a few days early watch practice and meet everyone in the paddock before the actual races and then watch a few days actual racing and leave mid week, should also mean that you will be able to do le m,ans the same year. Or do the classic TT, better bikes, more bikes and the noise is 10 times better before they strangled the noise of the bikes.
I think I can work with that. So I'll meet you Creg-Ny-Baa in late the middle of May then?
Old 21 Mar 2020, 21:31 (Ref:3966037)   #890
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I think I can work with that. So I'll meet you Creg-Ny-Baa in late the middle of May then?
Might be there, a mate lives on the island and marshals at the TT, but to be honest i prefer the classic tt now. As i said i like the bikes as they were, noisy and different, The sight of the modern tt riders pushing the old nortons and classics to their limit and the different sounds and smells as they roar past is amazing and then chatting to those guys in the paddocks is a little more to my taste these days.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 22:16 (Ref:3966625)   #891
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
From the last posts of this conversation I understand that WEC 2019/20 is officially dead. Only the forgotten are truly dead.
Old 24 Mar 2020, 22:52 (Ref:3966629)   #892
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
From the last posts of this conversation I understand that WEC 2019/20 is officially dead. Only the forgotten are truly dead.
Dude, give it a rest. It's definitely not needed
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:43 (Ref:3966694)   #893
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
At the moment, you understand incorrectly then. Like many threads that are in limbo, this one has quite reasonably spread to other conversations. Your doom and gloom is pretty unwelcome, I have to say..... It would be great if you could contribute something positive for a change.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3966718)   #894
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well things looking better in Asia at the moment so perhaps the season will start soon over there and then transfer to europe in the autumn, fingers are crossed as not much else to do with them at the moment.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3967347)   #895
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Well things looking better in Asia at the moment so perhaps the season will start soon over there and then transfer to europe in the autumn, fingers are crossed as not much else to do with them at the moment.
Where in Asia? It can only be Japan as Shanghai lost interest in the WEC.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3967348)   #896
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Where in Asia? It can only be Japan as Shanghai lost interest in the WEC.
Was trying to look on the bright side, but in general according to the papers Covid 19 cases in the far east seem to be reducing.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3967354)   #897
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Was trying to look on the bright side, ...
I'm not sure that bit will be understood.

In the silly which will be the next GP poll I chose Japan for your reasoning here.
Old 28 Mar 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3967389)   #898
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Hope is eternal, reality at the moment is depressing
Old 28 Mar 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3967391)   #899
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
For some that is no change

Are old WEC races available to watch anywhere? WEC app only has the last one, but YouTube has races from years ago.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3968258)   #900
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Hope is eternal, reality at the moment is depressing
True. This WEC season has been the worst in years.