Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Sep 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3851210)   #126
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I must have been the only person watching who thought Ocon was an idiot for trying a banzaii kamikazzee pass,around a corner where he was always going to get squeezed,in the other drivers blind spot,when its all going crazy on the first lap.
A bit of patience and everyone would be talking about what a great bag of points he got....
I think you may be swinging a little bit the other way. I find it very hard to judge what was really going on in an incident like that. Ocon required that Perez leave him a car's width. But was Perez committed to a speed and line that would make that impossible? I'm not sure, and it seems the stewards agree with me. I certainly don't think Ocon's move was banzai kamikaze, but it may have been imprudent. Or not.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3851243)   #127
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
In case you missed it, my point is that the sheer bloodlust displayed by 'fans' over very minor offenses is getting out of hand. Someone even called Perez 'homocidal' without a hint of irony

Did you see what Perez did?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmfwFaROShY
Old 18 Sep 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3851249)   #128
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I must have been the only person watching who thought Ocon was an idiot for trying a banzaii kamikazzee pass,around a corner where he was always going to get squeezed,in the other drivers blind spot,when its all going crazy on the first lap.
A bit of patience and everyone would be talking about what a great bag of points he got....
Ocon was completely alongside Perez for a while before the corner:

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2...ngapore-start/

Also no imaginary car that Charlie mentioned on the inside of Perez

Last edited by wnut; 18 Sep 2018 at 12:08.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3851255)   #129
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Old 18 Sep 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3851262)   #130
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Even the dog didn't like it.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3851269)   #131
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree that maybe Checo was already committed to a line in Turn 3, but his move on Sirotkin was bang to rights
Old 18 Sep 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3851281)   #132
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perez was committed to a line. And then he left that line and drove into Ocon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1041337452445741057?s=20
And the car inside Perez backed out early in the corner.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3851286)   #133
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
personally i dont think you are wrong, situational awareness absolutely matters, but the kid is really fighting for his career right now. he cant really be expected to back down can he?

while escaping a severe penalty and getting some reprieve from Whiting, Checo has now no doubt been warned by a team that he helped saved a few weeks back. he just cost them points and money!

this is now a team where the owner will most likely place his son into...is Perez the guy you would want next to your kid on a race track?

anyways, if i was his manager, this is the argument i would be putting forward.

dont want to read too much into things, but im not counting Ocon out of this seat just yet!
Old 18 Sep 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3851296)   #134
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Indeed I did. And it seems many others don't really care, they just want to see blood.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3851306)   #135
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Indeed I did. And it seems many others don't really care, they just want to see blood.
Most aren’t after blood they just think that Perez was well out of order.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 20:03 (Ref:3851326)   #136
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Most aren’t after blood they just think that Perez was well out of order.
Absolutely. As I said two pages back, he used an F1 car as a weapon in a display of frustration/anger against Sirotkin... What a stupid wally.
Instant ban needed....
In no other racing sport would it be tolerated..(Banger Racing).
Looking back.. this is not the first time Checo has gone over the top.
Out.. Mr Stroll, pay him off, chuck him out. Keep Ocon and bring in your son as No2 to Ocon....