Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Oct 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3855842)   #701
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
So is there susbstance to the WTCR ‘rumour’ or will he be elsewhere in the BTCC.
Apparently so. Last weekends run was a "see how it fits/ try before you buy", although it will be Colin receiving cash rather than t'other way around if it happens.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3855844)   #702
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin was driving in the chinese series not wtcr , the cars are very different , ctcc is a mix between tcr and the previous wtc spec , his engineer at wsr also works in the ctcc along with other btcc people , dont get too excited by it , Colin will be earning from it .
Old 10 Oct 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3855847)   #703
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was good for him to try another series, he's a world class driver
Old 10 Oct 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3855855)   #704
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure the CTCC is at the same level as the BTCC. The fact that mid-pack BTCC drivers often go out there and regularly win (beating locals on their own tracks) suggests there's a big gulf in driver skill.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3855856)   #705
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
If he goes, WSR will have a massive gap to try and fill (again).

Interestingly, I noticed Colin was at Rockingham yesterday doing wet weather tyre testing in the 1-series. If he was leaving would he be doing such duties? Maybe he still would, I don't know.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3855857)   #706
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowbo01 View Post
Haven’t spoken to AMD, but I have spoke with others 😆
Told you it would be completely wrong!

Would be excellent to see you on the grid, good luck!
Old 10 Oct 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3855861)   #707
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Told you it would be completely wrong!

Would be excellent to see you on the grid, good luck!
Thanks very much,

It’s very hard to be honest, as it’s all about the commercials for my sponsors and partners, and each team offers different opportunities, however, I’m sure we will be there. Just want to do it properly or not do it at all ☺️

Very excited 😆
Old 10 Oct 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3855862)   #708
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I hear that Turks likely is not going to be at WSR next year. The Turkington championship curse looks to be a thing. Again. ��
WTCR. The CTCC drive helps him brush off the FWD rust.

Just watch that video that was posted a few pages back.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3855865)   #709
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
WTCR. The CTCC drive helps him brush off the FWD rust.

Just watch that video that was posted a few pages back.
Shedden also says that he doesn't know, and that it is a rumour.
Turkington then says something along the lines of - in reality, I'm with a really good team and manufacturer in the BTCC.

I don't think the video confirms, or refutes, anything.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 09:53 (Ref:3855872)   #710
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
If he goes, WSR will have a massive gap to try and fill (again).

Interestingly, I noticed Colin was at Rockingham yesterday doing wet weather tyre testing in the 1-series. If he was leaving would he be doing such duties? Maybe he still would, I don't know.
Don’t forget Shedden appeared at Autosport in January of this year with Honda despite not racing for them this season. Turkington will no doubt have contractual obligations until early next year regardless of his 2019 plans.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 10:15 (Ref:3855875)   #711
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Turkington was racing for Saic volkswagen and Saic own MG! What does this mean?
Old 10 Oct 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3855893)   #712
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Colin replacing Jake Hill for next year's AMD / HARD tug of war?
Old 10 Oct 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3855902)   #713
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Anthony Reid and Colin Turkington in some works BTCC MG as next year 😆
Old 10 Oct 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3855917)   #714
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Anthony Reid and Colin Turkington in some works BTCC MG as next year 😆
Bring back Team Atomic Kitten.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3855932)   #715
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I could do without accidentally upsetting the short one of 'em again, don't want them floating around a race track!
Old 10 Oct 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3855935)   #716
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ahaha, I'd forgotten about that!
Old 10 Oct 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3855937)   #717
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I could do without accidentally upsetting the short one of 'em again, don't want them floating around a race track!
That comment makes me think of the Radio One Funday at Mallory Park (1976?) when the lake became full of Bay City Rollers fans trying to swim out to meet their heroes!
Old 10 Oct 2018, 16:25 (Ref:3855941)   #718
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Was it at Oulton Park where they made their debut and just looked like people who didn't want to be there? 😂
Old 10 Oct 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3855959)   #719
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Was it at Oulton Park where they made their debut and just looked like people who didn't want to be there? 😂
As I recall yes.

I sent one off in a huff at Donington after remarking (exact wording lost to time) "you look like whatshername, you know, the short arsed one in atomic kitten".

Considering I was in MG hospitality at the time and she was wearing atomic kitten gear I should have worked this one out. However my "associates" (big knobs in MG Rover) and I were slightly worse for wear as the bar was open at breakfast time.

Oops, sorry petal. But she was bloody short without heels! 😁

Her poor minder got grief, but seemed to get over it after the odd drink or ten.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3855975)   #720
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I don't think the video confirms, or refutes, anything.
Neither did I.
Old 10 Oct 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3856014)   #721
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone noticed that Ash Sutton won 6 races and finished 4th in the standings but he won more races than all the guys ahead of him combined ? , it's crazy !!

hope that the Scoobys dissappear from the grid !!! if Sutton hangs around and claims as many wins in a "normal" car than fair play to him
Old 10 Oct 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3856018)   #722
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
there should have been a Team Uniting Nations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGk86h7PEck
Old 12 Oct 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3856325)   #723
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The cars had raced at the previous event at Brands Hatch GP, but the girls weren't there as they had a conflicting event.

So, Oulton Park was the first appearance for the girls.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3856330)   #724
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
The cars had raced at the previous event at Brands Hatch GP, but the girls weren't there as they had a conflicting event.
The team didn't appear until Oulton Park (round 2). They couldn't race at Brands - Warren Hughes was still using one of the cars as his new one wasn't ready in time.

Hang on, isn't this a 2019 thread? How did we get on to Nuclear Pussy??
Old 13 Oct 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3856534)   #725
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Ah, my dear Pussy.

Ernst Stavro Blofeld Racing Racing enter BTCC, Pussy Galore as the grid girl and Plato at the wheel of the SPECTRE Volvo. With a smattering of dastardly gadgets to nobble the competition.

Silliness restored.