Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4083238)   #76
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Your comments prove otherwise, it is more than just "not beeing a fan" in your comments about Max
Yawn!

Interesting to note that you see to know me better than I know myself.

--

Let's just wait for the stewards' (or the FIA's) verdict.
Not much we can do about it, anyway
Old 13 Nov 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4083241)   #77
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
€50k fine for Verstappen but no other action. Touches deemed "insignificant" in terms of force.

Also noting that future breaches of this type may be treated differently.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/decision-document/2021%20Brazilian%20Grand%20Prix%20-%20Offence%20-%20Car%2033.pdf
Old 13 Nov 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4083242)   #78
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/54911234
Verstappen found guilty of breaching the regulations and given a $50,000 fine.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4083243)   #79
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
They took a LONG time to make a decsion over such a trivial non-incident.

Who gets to keep the EUR 50k?

I wish they would get on with a decsion over the more serious Mercedes DRS issue. What is taking so long?
Old 13 Nov 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4083244)   #80
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Yawn!

Interesting to note that you see to know me better than I know myself.

--

Let's just wait for the stewards' (or the FIA's) verdict.
Not much we can do about it, anyway
I know the comments you make and have made about Max
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4083245)   #81
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
€50k fine for Verstappen but no other action. Touches deemed "insignificant" in terms of force.

Also noting that future breaches of this type may be treated differently.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...20Car%2033.pdf

If light touches like that would have an impact on that wing it would not be safe to race
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4083247)   #82
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I know the comments you make and have made about Max
I don't like Max as a person, and I am not a fan.
Do I hate him? No.

I don't like Lewis as a person, and I am not a fan.
Do I hate him? No.

Just move on OK, I am sick and tired of your personal attacks on me just because I do not like your favorite driver.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4083248)   #83
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I don't like Max as a person, and I am not a fan.
Do I hate him? No.

I don't like Lewis as a person, and I am not a fan.
Do I hate him? No.

Just move on OK, I am sick and tired of your personal attacks on me just because I do not like your favorite driver.
Like I said: from you comments on Max it really seems like more than just "not liking" and not just this time
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:12 (Ref:4083249)   #84
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Like I said: from you comments on Max it really seems like more than just "not liking" and not just this time
Jeezes ...

just for people like you I would prefer Max NOT to win the championship.
Then again, I am not a fan of Lewis either so the alternative is not exactly better

Now, please talke about something else and not me.
If I would want a complete anaylysis of my personality, I'll talk to a professional and not you.
OK?
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4083250)   #85
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lads, lads. Pack it in, or take it elsewhere.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4083251)   #86
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If light touches like that would have an impact on that wing it would not be safe to race
It is never that simple. A light touch in the 'wrong' manner can have an impact.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4083252)   #87
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton disqualified from qualifying
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4083253)   #88
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ah, here's what we've all been waiting for:

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...%20-%20DRS.pdf

DQ from qualifying results.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4083254)   #89
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be very interesting to see how many places Hamilton can make up in the sprint "Race". this season has shown he has the ability to dig deep and get great results when under pressure.

For the good of the championship, a good result for Hamilton is needed.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4083255)   #90
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they might as well change engine/gearbox
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4083257)   #91
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they might as well change engine/gearbox
That's assuming they don't think he can make up places in the sprint.

As I understand, a PU/gearbox change now puts him to the back for the race. He then has to come a long way to get points.
As it currently stands, I think starting in the top 12 is a possibility.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4083259)   #92
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Yes, penalty's are in the main GP
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4083261)   #93
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think in both instances that was the right outcome.

Edit: Having said that and this is the Steward's ruling, ''Therefore, the Stewards
order the usual penalty for technical non-compliance of Disqualification from the
qualifying session. '', should Hamilton be allowed to compete in the sprint race and the actual Grand Prix, as he has been disqualified from the qualifying session?

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 13 Nov 2021 at 17:57.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4083263)   #94
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Throwing a genuine question out there regarding regulation and wording, regardless of which driver it relates to …..

I believe I’m right In saying that, on sprint weekends we have Qualification, which sets the grid for a Qualification sprint. The finishing order of this combination together with event grid penalties sets the grid for the Grand Prix.

So my question is if a driver is disqualified from the fist element of the Grand Prix qualification process, how can the be allowed to take part in the second part?

And as such, should the driver (whomever it is) not the have to start the Grand Prix proper from last place, as has been the case where previously drivers have been disqualified from qualification?
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4083267)   #95
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good question.

Can still take to the grid based on lap times set in practice?

Just a guess.

Sprint quali is about to be judged by Hams ability to make up places though.

Is it all manufactured? Maybe a bit but either way i am excited to watch!
Old 13 Nov 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4083268)   #96
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Twitter is going to go into meltdown. I hope we have a more balanced discussion here.

The fine is stupid, and they may as well have just issued Verstappen a warning and that is that. It's not like he attacked the car with a crowbar!

Qualfying DQ for Hamilton seems right such a technical infringement. I cant see how it could have gone any other way. Driver did nothing wrong, but that is not the point.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4083269)   #97
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given the sums involved a 50k fine is a warning.

Maybe even less then a warning.

In relative terms this fine is most likely a lower percentage of his salary then a speeding fine given to a person earning an average salary.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4083271)   #98
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Twitter is going to go into meltdown. I hope we have a more balanced discussion here.

The fine is stupid, and they may as well have just issued Verstappen a warning and that is that. It's not like he attacked the car with a crowbar!

Qualifying DQ for Hamilton seems right such a technical infringement. I cant see how it could have gone any other way. Driver did nothing wrong, but that is not the point.
Twitter always goes into meltdown. It's such a shame our two title contenders have such delusional, toxic fans. Or maybe I just described the average twitter user rather than the average Hamilton/Verstappen fan, as I rarely see any rubbish like that on here. This is not a dig at any Hamilton or Verstappen fans on here; like I said, we usually get balanced discussions here. But somehow on most websites (with Twitter the worst, of course), there always seems to be so many ridiculous comments suggesting that one car is loads faster than the other and that the driver is terrible. I don't know how many of these people are just trolls and how many are actually that delusional, but it has been one of the worst stories of an otherwise brilliant season.

Sorry, rant over. Both decisions by the stewards are absolutely correct. Yes, maybe the fine is a bit harsh, but as chillibowl said, 50k is nothing to Red Bull.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4083273)   #99
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
The clip sky just played of Seb rolling a Merc's tire with his foot!
Old 13 Nov 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4083274)   #100
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Horner talking about it very fairly imo.