Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 14 Jun 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3910192)   #1
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
New Estate Cars (Station Wagons, Shooting Brakes, Sports Tourers.....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'm bored to create a thread for station wagons.
OK - I've done it for you.

Quote:
BMW 5er Touring

Quote:
Opel Insignia Tourer

Quote:
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo

Quote:
Jaguar XF Sportbrake

Quote:
Tesla Model S Shooting Brake

Quote:
Volvo V60

4.76 m long (!!!)

T8 385 bhp plug-in hybrid

Quote:
Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake

4.68 m long
225 hp gasoline engine

Complements the C-Class wagon, does it?

Quote:
The Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake is just a station wagon with a fancy (ugly) roof.

- o -

BMW 3 Series Touring

Old 14 Jun 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3910213)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would complain, but I'm too bored :P
Old 17 Jun 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3912383)   #3
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
VW Passat Estate 2019

Old 17 Jun 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3912384)   #4
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Kia ProCeed Shooting Brake 2019

Old 17 Jun 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3912410)   #5
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Peugeot 508 SW Estate

Old 17 Jun 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3912431)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Some of these are running into the same style issue that I have with the "SUV's" in that it's a sloping back hatch and not a squared off rear section that an estate/station wagon traditionally has.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3912439)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Some of these are running into the same style issue that I have with the "SUV's" in that it's a sloping back hatch and not a squared off rear section that an estate/station wagon traditionally has.
They aren't quite a wagon/estate and aren't quite a hatchback. Seems like they know anything called a wagon in the US is a kiss of death for sales so let's pretend and push it away from the usefulness of a wagon shape
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3912450)   #8
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I see what you mean, but for me the distinction between a hatchback and an estate is broadly whether the rear hatch hinges at the top of the 'C' pillar, or 'D' pillar. Or if there is roof line above the boot space or not when the hatch is open.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3912452)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
VW Passat Estate 2019
not available in Canada (as far as i can tell) nor is the Jetta wagon (if they still make that even). the Golf wagon is available and as a 4-door does look the part of a proper wagon.

personally love these cars but do see what you mean SBF about the sloping back hatch eroding the look.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3912870)   #10
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Audi A6 Allroad

Old 19 Jun 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3912871)   #11
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Skoda Octavia Estate

Old 19 Jun 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3912872)   #12
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
not available in Canada (as far as i can tell) nor is the Jetta wagon (if they still make that even). the Golf wagon is available and as a 4-door does look the part of a proper wagon.
Skoda and Audi Estates may be available in Canada if you are looking at the VAG family?
Old 19 Jun 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3912912)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
the Audi wagons are for sure available here (all be it very pricey) but dont think Skoda's have been launched here. certainly have not seen them at my VW dealership.

i guess the wagons are just not popular here. even the American offerings like the 2019 Buick Regal TourX are (as far as i know) not sold in Canada yet.

Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3912947)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
The Buick Regal is closely related to the Opel/Vauxhaul Insignia AKA Holden ZB
Old 4 Jul 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3915822)   #15
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
The 2020 Insignia Sports Tourer has been spotted testing: