Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 May 2020, 07:09 (Ref:3977073)   #26
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Well, maybe so... but there are two examples given on this very page of them taking months to pay up, so I think we can be reasonably sure the allegations aren't baseless - and it's a matter of fact that they have gone bust before (early 2000s I think) and then miraculously resurrected under a different name shortly afterwards.

English law is based on the perception of 'a reasonable man'. I think any reasonable man (or woman, for that matter) would find their behaviour 'unreasonable'. So I suspect they're 'guilty as charged'!

Would be happy to be corrected if we hear from anyone who has glowing reports of their outstanding professionalism and quick payments to creditors, but I suspect we may not be hearing any...

Guilty as charged - with what ? You get charged with a criminal offence . As Peter says , there are different burdens of proof but the reasonable man only rarely appears in criminal law and whilst he has a place in civil law being 'unreasonable ' is not actionable per se .

Sorry to be po faced but making allegations , based only on what others have said, of dodgy behaviour on a public forum isn't wise.

Suppose for a moment the firm is completely innocent - as they must be treated as being at the moment - is sticking the boot in the right thing to do ? Fill your boots with bile and criticism after a conviction , or civil judgment against them, if it makes you feel better ....