Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Aug 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3846773)   #576
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Performance on whose part?
I haven’t checked the results but I wonder if he was given some targets to meet ie. certain number of podiums etc...
His payments will almost certainly have been staggered so may have been a problem there but he’s certainly got cash behind him from what I know about him so perhaps it was one of the sponsors..... we may never know but it’s certainly curious
Old 28 Aug 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3846800)   #577
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Electric WRX might well be a blessing. Look at how the Supercar builders and team owners are all behind it - evert thought of why?
All but Audi I read.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3846842)   #578
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
I haven’t checked the results but I wonder if he was given some targets to meet ie. certain number of podiums etc...
His payments will almost certainly have been staggered so may have been a problem there but he’s certainly got cash behind him from what I know about him so perhaps it was one of the sponsors..... we may never know but it’s certainly curious
I checked standings after and he has more points than Chicheret (though I think GC is paying more to play).

I suspect it's money or some internal politics that we don't know about.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3846904)   #579
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are probably right. But the car hasn't exactly made the kind of impact the hype said it would either.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Old 29 Aug 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3846946)   #580
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
I think that's more a factor of just how far the other cars have come. It will be interesting to compare GCK care times with euro RX times at Loheac. My bet is they'd be top 6
Old 29 Aug 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3846948)   #581
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JGJ has had some top times in practices though, breaking the top six hegemony at times. I think the car has pace but that they haven't gotten the full out of it. They have had some technical issues as well.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3847037)   #582
Silhuette
Racer

Thanks Crossfades, I was looking for some lap times as well. Maybe I was being a little bit pessimistic

Old 30 Aug 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3847040)   #583
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
But the car hasn't exactly made the kind of impact the hype said it would either.
Even though the Megane is clearly a big money car how does it compare with the amount the "works" teams are spending on development? There is some very clever engineering on the Megane - some of which will probably make it onto the other cars at some point. Realistically what are the chances of a privately funded build taking on the factory squads and winning?
Old 30 Aug 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3847087)   #584
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands

Nice to see it out and about. Pic from Mattis stream
Old 30 Aug 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3847098)   #585
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not original, but is close, built by Vaison who know their stuff about 205's

But it it is close, even running Pike peak injection.

Shame Matti cant be persuaded!!
Old 1 Sep 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3847367)   #586
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Well... Doran has been 5th and 6th fastest in the two practices so far... The boy can drive. Gronholm also doing very well so far.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3847532)   #587
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Loheac, worst joker ever?
Old 2 Sep 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3847533)   #588
Marcopolo
Rookie

Marcopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Loheac, worst joker ever?

It's very short, 1.2 seconds yesterday in the dry, only reason it's so fast is cus the std lap is wet so very slow compared to nprmal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2 Sep 2018, 08:06 (Ref:3847535)   #589
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcopolo View Post
It's very short, 1.2 seconds yesterday in the dry, only reason it's so fast is cus the std lap is wet so very slow compared to nprmal

Obviously but you should never gain time doing the joker. 1,2 sec is too fast also anyways. Add to that that there is almost no "gravel".

Doran was thinking of jumping the start just to do it twice but stewards went out and threatened with time penalties according to Andrew Coley.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3847540)   #590
Marcopolo
Rookie

The same thing happened a few years back at one of the other tracks, petter intentionally jumped the start to gain an advantage cus the joker was faster.

They simply said instead of having to take the joker twice for a jump start it would be a 3s penalty instead, best move in my opinion, otherwise you could have 5 drivers jumping the start

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3847546)   #591
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcopolo View Post
They simply said instead of having to take the joker twice for a jump start it would be a 3s penalty instead, best move in my opinion, otherwise you could have 5 drivers jumping the start

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk
Exactly, says a lot about the joker if they have to improvise the rules.

Isn't it a black flag if someone jumps the start after someone else has done it? Still not fair though if someone gets an advantage because of a jump start.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3847547)   #592
Marcopolo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Exactly, says a lot about the joker if they have to improvise the rules.

Isn't it a black flag if someone jumps the start after someone else has done it? Still not fair though if someone gets an advantage because of a jump start.

It's black flag if you jump the start twice

Old 2 Sep 2018, 10:41 (Ref:3847562)   #593
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Ollie O'Donovan did the joker twice (without jumping the start). Did he get penalised?

Great performance by Liam today. The most controlled I've seen him drive. A final would be an epic debut
Old 2 Sep 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3847686)   #594
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Joker laps should be forbidden in the first and last lap.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3847717)   #595
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
sport reg 15.4b
When a false start occurs in a Qualifying heat race, a Semi-Final or a Final, all Drivers will return to their original starting position and the starting procedure will begin again. The Driver(s) who caused the false start must pass through the Joker Lap section twice in the race concerned. A Driver who makes two false starts in the same race will be disqualified from that race.

15.5.9 In each Qualifying, one of the laps must be the Joker Lap. Those Drivers who do not take this Joker Lap will receive a time penalty of 30 seconds. The penalty for Drivers who take it more than once will be decided by the stewards. One judge of fact will be appointed to note how many times the cars pass through.

15.6.7 In each Semi-Final and Final, one of the laps must be the Joker Lap. Those Drivers who do not take the Joker Lap will be classified last in that race and will receive no points. Two judges of fact will be appointed to note how many times the cars pass through.

Appendix O
Joker lap (Rallycross only)

Obligatory (applicable to new or renewed homologated circuits from 1.1.2009).
Length: must be such that the time needed to cover a lap including the Joker section is longer than the best lap time achieved in the same category.

Old 2 Sep 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3847729)   #596
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
10 sec. if it was in Q3. "#2 +10 sec. penalty - Stewards dec. No.18"

Not finding a warning for trackmarkers for #1 though...
Old 4 Sep 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3848106)   #597
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stunning performance from Kristoffersson. I don't deny that the Polo is the best car out there, but that means nothing unless it is driven properly. The last race of Q2 was incredible, definitely one of the best I have seen at Loheac.

Superb drive from him the final as well and, yet again, very poor tactical decision from EKS: that's another win they have given away in the joker (that said I thought they had enough of a lead to take the win, was stunned when Johan slotted into first at the merge).

Good drive from Liam in the Megane, shame he wasn't able to challenge more in the semi. Wonder if he will be back in the car before the end of the year?

Very impressive drive from Szabo, obviously the car he was in was a very capable one, but to be mixing it up with the front running European drivers on his Supercar debut was great to see.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3848119)   #598
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
The difference between Solberg and Kristoffersson more or less confirms Kristoffersson's brilliance I think.

According to parcferme.no Doran and GCK are currently in talks of doing future rounds but Doran is supposedly staying for the rest of the season.

https://parcferme.no/rallycross/liam...forandret-seg/
Old 5 Sep 2018, 05:31 (Ref:3848271)   #599
Silhuette
Racer

I certainly agree that Johan is the real thing. But he also has the most impressive team PSRX behind him, and his incredibly experienced father to guide and make calls. He keeps making brilliant jokers and seems to be aware of where his competitors are all the time.

Timmy Hansen illustrated this by the way he thanked his father for the guidance and advice on where his competition was and how to defend to the rear. He even said he would not have been able to stay in front of Petter without such detailed advice. I think this is where EKRX comes up slightly short.

On the positive side, the Audis and the Peugeots are capable of setting fastest laps and the midfield is heating up. Even Doran did pretty well. He came across as highly serious and focused this weekend, let's hope it sticks!

Old 5 Sep 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3848340)   #600
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would think Doran knows this is last chance saloon.

Plus he has previous links with Prodrive with the Mini initially, so was a likely shoe in.