Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Oct 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1741986)   #26
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cary Hart (Mr PinK) was also in the field, either way it's one more car race than Chad Reed has done, and you've already got him racing at Bathurst next year....

He did a good job anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd go in a car of some sort when the bikes are over for him.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1742525)   #27
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of the motocross season this year, Chad was talking of maybe doing the supercross series only next year. Not sure if this is still the case.

The last AMA SX round is at Vegas on the 05/05/07.

That would leave plenty of time to get some experience in a V8, so anything is possible...
Old 20 Oct 2006, 00:55 (Ref:1742599)   #28
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
jolts, jerks and bumps...
Jolts and bumps definitely.

But who are the jerks?????????
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 20 Oct 2006, 02:12 (Ref:1742620)   #29
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
Cary Hart (Mr PinK) was also in the field, either way it's one more car race than Chad Reed has done, and you've already got him racing at Bathurst next year....

He did a good job anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd go in a car of some sort when the bikes are over for him.
he might have a switch to cars on the cards as giles is just comming back from a serious injury (don't remember the track) but he hit that concrete wall so hard,he had a broken pelvis as well as other things,he is returning and he still can't walk right but i hope his return = a great resault and a pain free weekend.and yes he did a good job at the AGP.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1742622)   #30
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Don't get ahead of yourselves fellas , in that interview he said his priorities were MotoGP first then V8's after that....would be nice to see him on yellow Yamaha....
Old 20 Oct 2006, 03:02 (Ref:1742662)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard at one point he earned $15 million USD a year.

There are many more lucrative business, racing and promotional opportunities in the USA and Europe than Australia. I don't see him doing V8's unless he has some burning desire to race at bathurst or something.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 03:07 (Ref:1742664)   #32
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by overflow
would be nice to see him on yellow Yamaha....
i wouldn't like to see him as Vale's team mate as when your Vale's team mate you are rarly up the front,just look at Colin.

unless you mean tech 3 yamaha that woulds also be a no as that team and the Dunlops are just slow and are at the back.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1742753)   #33
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good, let's boot Rossi out!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Oct 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1742854)   #34
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
yep he's won a enough bloody tittles and looks like winning this yearas well go to F1 Vale.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1743129)   #35
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71
At the end of the motocross season this year, Chad was talking of maybe doing the supercross series only next year. Not sure if this is still the case.

The last AMA SX round is at Vegas on the 05/05/07.

That would leave plenty of time to get some experience in a V8, so anything is possible...
I read that he only wanted to do the supercross season as he believes that the sport is heading in this direction and he wants to be a part of it. This new deal with L&M Racing is only for the supercross season as Chad has his eyes on other things in the racing year, like Motocross of Nations and maybe a treak back out here for a race or two i think but don't quote me on that. In his monthly column in Australian Dirt Bike Mag a few issues ago, he clearly stated what he plans on doing.

Another bike rider that has made a transition to 4-wheels is Travis Pastrana. He is racing for the Factory Subaru rally team in the US and i believe he was looked at, for one of the replacemements for Atko if he didn't perform. So there is another well known personality that is making a switch.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 05:08 (Ref:1824330)   #36
ripplestripper
Rookie

ripplestripper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chad Reed at Sandown or Bathurst?!

Following his very successful test with PMM last year, it seems as though Reed's management team is very serious about lining him up for an endurance drive in 2007.

His manager has been said to have been in talks with SE Qld teams 888, SBR and PMM for enduro opportunities.

For those who don't know of him,Chad is one of our richest Aussie sporting exports - a world supercross and motocross champ and enjoys superstar status in the US, Europe, etc..

Morris said he was a natural when he tested last year, so the transition to a V8 should not be too hard, considering he would get the allocated rookie tests and evaluation days!

interesting..
Old 24 Jan 2007, 05:55 (Ref:1824340)   #37
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you follow Chad Reed then get yourself cable tv and get ESPN.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Jan 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1824382)   #38
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering RC is stepping into a NASCAR, a V8Supercar drive for Chad isn't impossible I guess. It would be a very good marketing ploy, not just here but also in the US where Chad is close to a God in some places.

Last edited by mayhem; 24 Jan 2007 at 08:34.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1826519)   #39
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the man
Another bike rider that has made a transition to 4-wheels is Travis Pastrana. He is racing for the Factory Subaru rally team in the US and i believe he was looked at, for one of the replacemements for Atko if he didn't perform. So there is another well known personality that is making a switch.
He was a big hit at the Race of Champions recently at Stade de France. Did really well racing solo for the US team after his NASCAR team-mate broke a wrist or something.
Old 27 Jan 2007, 03:19 (Ref:1826968)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The body language of the guy in the interview on RPM last year suggested that he had been hurt physically many times by his racing equipment, and suffered from those injuries.

While V8Supercar would not likely earn him $US15m per annum, at least when you crash into the scenery, the human body is not the first impactor...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Feb 2007, 10:35 (Ref:1830930)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Feb 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1830965)   #42
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Note the steering wheel lying on the dash. Is that so they can fit handlebars?
Old 14 Aug 2007, 08:10 (Ref:1988111)   #43
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Chad is back out here solely for a 'driver evaluation' with 888. Going by the team vodafone site, he appears to have handled himself well. No mention of lap times, but that wasn't what it was about.
It seems to be a very long trip out here, just to 'have a go'.
I would love to see Chad in the series full time, but would he give up his squillions and fame to make a living out of racing V8's? I hope so..
Old 14 Aug 2007, 09:30 (Ref:1988188)   #44
Matty888
Rookie

Australia
Sydney Australia
Matty888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats right he is here for the driver evaluation day with 888 along with a couple of other guys and the enduro drivers to give them some track time before sandown and bathurst.