Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2964726)   #3576
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Young Driver are back going GT1 next year
http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/2011/08/y...n-2012-gt.html

I think we'll see a Lola on the ALMS with the works team running the vantage in WEC plus the N24
Old 3 Oct 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2964775)   #3577
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a feeling they will take a sabbatical from Le Mans this time around.

Would be interesting to know what is happening with Jota next year, given that what should have been an exciting and celebrated jump up to the P1 ranks has now been, I imagine, swept under the rug. Shame for those guys.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2964886)   #3578
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Believe Jota back with Vantage in LMS, should make an announcement in the next two months
Old 4 Oct 2011, 06:03 (Ref:2965313)   #3579
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Young Driver are back going GT1 next year
http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/2011/08/y...n-2012-gt.html
Thanks, didnt see that. One wonders whether they'll race the even more handicapped older DBR9 or the new Vantage V12 GT3.

We should see Aston Martin presence at the N24 and VLN just not with AMR has has been the case in previous years. Probably with the Zagato again.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2965446)   #3580
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
We should see Aston Martin presence at the N24 and VLN just not with AMR has has been the case in previous years. Probably with the Zagato again.
It has been suggested that the eventual goal for Aston Martin is going for the overall victory, which would mean a GT3 car. Maybe Vantage GT3 with pro drivers and Zagatos with the executive/test driver/journalist combo.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2965538)   #3581
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
AMR will do N24, Turner, Meyrick, Mücke and Enge all qualify or will do by next year. Believe they'll use the GT3 Vanage which could race early next year.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2965542)   #3582
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Believe Jota back with Vantage in LMS, should make an announcement in the next two months
And Jota bought one of the 6 AMR-Ones, with a plan of ramping up to P1 in 2012. Well the plot thickens.

I quite liked the AMR-One because it's one of the only new cars and engines around right now, and a very interesting combo. But then I also got hooked on the Panoz LMP07...
Old 4 Oct 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2965562)   #3583
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Based on what evidence? I doubt that will happen from things I have heard.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2965603)   #3584
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thanks, didnt see that. One wonders whether they'll race the even more handicapped older DBR9 or the new Vantage V12 GT3.

Hopefully the Vantage. It's time to let the DBR9's get their well earned retirement.

I wonder what will become of Hexis then?
Old 4 Oct 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2965619)   #3585
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I wonder what will become of Hexis then?
Blancpain Endurance Series I'd guess, plus national GT series.
Old 4 Oct 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2965771)   #3586
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Based on what evidence? I doubt that will happen from things I have heard.
Could be wrong, I heard from other Aston team that Jota never paid for their AMR-One and will stay with Vantage
Old 4 Oct 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2965788)   #3587
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Could be wrong, I heard from other Aston team that Jota never paid for their AMR-One and will stay with Vantage
The deposit is real and substantial, I have spoken to those who actually paid the money and now are wondering how they will be refunded given the performance of the machine so far..............but what would I know?
Old 5 Oct 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2966198)   #3588
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Do you feel we will see the AMR-One again then?
Old 5 Oct 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2966208)   #3589
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I spoke to the team at Petit and the AMR One is "on hold" and "under evaluation". This was answer I received from multiple parties on different days, perhaps they had been versed on what to say. Take from that what you will. Probably not much else they can say legally seeing as they have signed sales contracts for them.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2966214)   #3590
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Probably not, didn't the tubs goto the penis project?
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2966217)   #3591
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I spoke to the team at Petit and the AMR One is "on hold" and "under evaluation". This was answer I received from multiple parties on different days, perhaps they had been versed on what to say. Take from that what you will. Probably not much else they can say legally seeing as they have signed sales contracts for them.
Yeah definitely a lot of toeing the company line there. I doubt we will ever see it again. Why plow money into something which you know will only be average at best. I'm quite glad that I was there to see one of its two races but tellingly I don't think I have a single photo of the 009 and I was there for all the sessions.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2966219)   #3592
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
You can always build more tubs, that shouldn't be a deal breaker... but having said that, the only place I expect to see this car is at a Historics event, or museum. I don't think there is a (realistic) hope that this car can be made good.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2966233)   #3593
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Probably not, didn't the tubs goto the penis project?
Do you mean the Deltadick?
Old 6 Oct 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2966783)   #3594
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Dildowang?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 00:11 (Ref:2966913)   #3595
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worlds Fastest Phallus?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 01:01 (Ref:2966922)   #3596
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DeltaschWing is the best nickname that I have heard.

Anyway, MulsanneMike has a pretty good write up about the AMR-One today.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newssept11.html

If there is hope for the engine and it was the chassis that was the problem, is there any thought that maybe they can fit the engine into a Lola or something like that? Obviously there would still need to be a lot of development work needed on the engine.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2966925)   #3597
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this news?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2966940)   #3598
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stick a fin on the DBR-1/2, insert I6T and light the wick.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2967027)   #3599
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
DeltaschWing is the best nickname that I have heard.

Anyway, MulsanneMike has a pretty good write up about the AMR-One today.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newssept11.html

If there is hope for the engine and it was the chassis that was the problem, is there any thought that maybe they can fit the engine into a Lola or something like that? Obviously there would still need to be a lot of development work needed on the engine.
From Mike's article, it not fundamentaly a chassis to trash either, as it's reported to have good mechanical grip. If it's really an aerodynamic concept flaw, I don't understand why they abandonned the project. Why not keep the layout as a basis to developp a totally new aerodynamic package. (bodywork + cooling)

Look, the R15 TDI and R15+ are basically the same tub / engine arrangement, but with totally revamped internal aerodynamics and revised external aerodynamic package. Same goes with the original 905 VS 905 evo 1 & evo 2...

Sounds cheaper than starting a new project from a white sheet (we know them, they'll be late again), and more ambitious than relying for ever on the Lola.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2967036)   #3600
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Told ya that thing was done right after Le Mans