Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3044247)   #3926
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
What happen to the Vantage in the last few laps of Sebring? The scoring said Off then Out?
I heard in the press release they had minor issues with steering, and as a precaution, brought the car in. They did take the checkered tho'. Hope that clears it up!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3044259)   #3927
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think they showed decent signs during Sebring. At times they were up at the sharp end against the best teams in the world. Hopefully this will just be the start but really a shame they don't have a second car for double data.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 23:10 (Ref:3044273)   #3928
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that if they will keep this bop, they will be just able to race against the #77 porsche for some hour (the new 997 seems to have the best fuel autonomy between GT cars)
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3044325)   #3929
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The commentators were saying that the Aston was able to utilize it's tires by getting them up to temp. a bit faster than the other teams. I think they could have challenged for a top 5 if the wheel situation didn't happen.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3098131)   #3930
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
FYI. I found the waivers that have been granted for the Aston Martin Vantage: decision D-0010-LM GTE Pro and D-0011-LM GTE Am of the FIA Endurance Committee.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3157365)   #3931
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just digging this back out given the news in Autosport today that Aston are planning an expanded WEC attack next year, possibly with up to four cars (2 Pro/2 Am).

My question is who will be driving? I'm not really sure how many guys they still have under contract apart from Turner and Mucke?

With Fernandez gone they need to find at least four drivers to fill those pro cars at LM. Maybe they will bring Andy Meyrick back after having promoted him during the AMR-One debacle.

Who else do you think?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3157367)   #3932
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They did have Klein under contract .

Sadly , Enge wont be part of it .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3157370)   #3933
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd completely forgotten about Klien!

If I was Aston I'd try and go out there and snap up Makowiecki to a works deal. I'm not sure how easy that would be as he does have a good 'hired gun' status at the moment - but he doesn't have a WEC ride.

Aston would also give drivers opportunities at things like VLN races. With things headed towards a 'unified GT' there could be great opportunities for a works GT driver.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3157371)   #3934
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expect to see Mako be wearing orange rather than BRG...
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3157414)   #3935
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have the Stuck brothers from ADAC GT Masters.

Also, Jacques Villeneuve and Jos Verstappen raced for them at Le Mans in the past. I'm not saying that they will race for Aston Martin again. But you never know.

Then you also have all those drivers that raced for them at Silverstone this year.

I think Aston Martin has no problem in finding drivers. Funding will be the biggest problem I guess.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3157415)   #3936
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post

Also, Jacques Villeneuve and Jos Verstappen raced for them at Le Mans in the past. I'm not saying that they will race for Aston Martin again. But you never know.

Then you also have all those drivers that raced for them at Silverstone this year.

I think Aston Martin has no problem in finding drivers. Funding will be the biggest problem I guess.
It would be interesting to see what driver grading the Stuck Bros would get. The AM drives will mostly take care of themselves but maybe as you say we could see another ex-F1 guy come in. I think maybe you meant Frentzen instead of Villeneuve however.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3157419)   #3937
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It would be interesting to see what driver grading the Stuck Bros would get. The AM drives will mostly take care of themselves but maybe as you say we could see another ex-F1 guy come in. I think maybe you meant Frentzen instead of Villeneuve however.
Sorry, I meant Heinz-Harald Frentzen. Jacques Villeneuve raced for Peugeot.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3157421)   #3938
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You have the Stuck brothers from ADAC GT Masters
Are either of them works GT material ?

Piccini ..... Wendlinger .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3157428)   #3939
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Are either of them works GT material?
They raced for the official Aston Martin team at the Nürburgring. And they almost won the ADAC GT Masters championship in 2011 (in a Lamborghini).
Old 25 Oct 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3157451)   #3940
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
They raced for the official Aston Martin team at the Nürburgring. And they almost won the ADAC GT Masters championship in 2011 (in a Lamborghini).
Oh right . I just remember Stuck junior doing something in a Porsche a couple years ago , and he wasnt very impressive . Glad to hear he is showing some form .

How about the 3 Stucks in one car ..... bet ol'Hans would love that . He could be the gentleman driver !!!
Old 25 Oct 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3157465)   #3941
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder what grading Hanschen would get, these days?
It would be nice to think AMR would look into their Junior Teams running GT4s etc for some up and coming quick drivers...
Mako would be an excellent choice, if they could get him into baby blue and orange...
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3157497)   #3942
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr. Martin has done a fair amount of time in Astons. What (price) would it take to convince him not to go to DTM (probably signed already)? Mako and Martin in the same car, that would be quite a spectacle.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3157500)   #3943
The Badger
Veteran

I reckon he makes more wedge in DTM , as their mostly factory cars .
Old 25 Oct 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3157555)   #3944
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'd rip BMW's arm off and take the DTM contract if I was Max. Will still surely be options to do sportscars, maybe even Le Mans if the Z4 GTE ever arrives. Would be a shame to lose him however as he is absolute class.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3157572)   #3945
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I wonder what grading Hanschen would get, these days?
Stuckie? Silver or Bronze sadly, for reasons of age.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3157591)   #3946
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

One of the 'Am' Astons at Silverstone was Roald Goethe's Gulf car running as a 'works' entry- the other had the backing and drivers from Andrew Howard's Beechdean GT3 squad.
IIRC Stuart Hall from the Goethe Aston has got a bit of previous seat time as a factory Aston driver when they were in LMP1, so could be in the frame.
On the Beechdean side, they were involved with the Mansell Zytek a couple of years back, so maybe they still have WEC/Le Mans ambitions...

Where did the money for the Danish lineup in the 'Am' car at Le Mans come from?- if there's any further interest from that direction for 2013, I'd certainly like to see Allan Simonsen with a full-time Aston ride....
Old 25 Oct 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3157602)   #3947
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Where did the money for the Danish lineup in the 'Am' car at Le Mans come from?- if there's any further interest from that direction for 2013, I'd certainly like to see Allan Simonsen with a full-time Aston ride....
Allan Simonsen will get a drive at Le Mans, no doubts there. He is too skilled to be missed.
The All Danish GTE AM Aston, was created out of several reasons, i think.
Honestly i do not know how the money came, but there are several interest involved.
First off, Jac Nelleman a central part of the AMR team, is Danish, and has always pushed a bit for the danish drivers.
Secondly, Kristian Poulsen isn't a poor man, remember he did help fund a large part of the Essex LMP2 victory. (He's made good money in the truck business)
And thirdly, Christoffer Nygaard, lives up to the terms of the "Young Drivers" program AMR had, and is an up and coming talent.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3157691)   #3948
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Aside from drivers for a minute, anyone feel they should use the new 2014 Vanquish in future GTE as a base?

Old 25 Oct 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3157737)   #3949
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I prefer the Vantage because it's smaller.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3157742)   #3950
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Needs to be the Vantage because it has the V8, the V12 is too big (yes I know about the Viper....).