Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2894340)   #1526
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
When me and Mike turned up at Monza the Aston Le Mans car was testing. Mike said to me about the traction control working on the car. Well i thought it had a missfire going round the Parabolica!! I was just about to give the team some advice on float levels.
Lol, I thought this was very funny Iain.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2894383)   #1527
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I have to admit that took me a few laps watching for it to click

Interesting cars- engine is brand new design and unusually a petrol 2 litre turbo straight 6. Has been giving problems in testing apparantly. Not expected to last the distance this weekend but looked and sounded good at Monza!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2894447)   #1528
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well if he's at Snet this weekend, I'll hit him twice; once for you, and once for myself!
He is! He arrives Saturday afternoon. Please do not forget that we laugh with him, not at him.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2894553)   #1529
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>Apro pro nothing at all

Would that be "a propos nothing at all" Peter? French. Means regarding I think. If we're having a pedant moment.

BTW sorry I didn't put the accent on Comte, I don't know how to do it!

Last edited by midgetman; 9 Jun 2011 at 18:16. Reason: More pedantry.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2894556)   #1530
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends how you want to spell it apparently.
Old 9 Jun 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2894558)   #1531
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Please do not forget that we laugh with him, not at him.
Very true!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2894679)   #1532
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I understand it's on in Norwich somewhere this weekend. Might be worth a trip out from Snetterton on Saturday evening.
Norwich? if yur lucky you'll catch his first F1 race, it'll be in B&W mind

can't believe 3-4 pages of prattle having just done a days work . . .so

AL: fit a slush box, it'll suit the handling

Peter: lighten up

Iain: you know you can spell beter, you just want a lesson from Sue . . . its not going to happen, well, not the kind of lesson your thinking of . . . Gordons got it sewn up . . . git!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2894707)   #1533
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yes she will give "private" lessons, the boys at school seem to like her !
And Joe, she can teach you the difference between your and you're !
PS but she's older than Iain
Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 9 Jun 2011 at 21:23.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jun 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2894737)   #1534
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
how young? I can hear the crack of whip . . .and Gordons back . .its like a snare roll

you did that on purpose you dirty old man!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2894809)   #1535
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Not so much of the "old" thank you !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2895299)   #1536
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Right I have taken a lot of stick over the past few days so now Im asking for some help. How do I get back from Porto which finnishes on Sunday the 19th of June.Get the truck back to Stoke Row then the Galaxie to Goodwood on the 22nd.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2895301)   #1537
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When do you need the truck in Stoke Row?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2895306)   #1538
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I know what you are thinking Peter. Fly back home,sort out Goodwood then fly back to Porto.I am just waiting to hear if I can get on the Monday ferry from Santander. If I can its a result.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 18:58 (Ref:2895318)   #1539
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Right I have taken a lot of stick over the past few days so now Im asking for some help. How do I get back from Porto which finnishes on Sunday the 19th of June.Get the truck back to Stoke Row then the Galaxie to Goodwood on the 22nd.
Do you need to take the Galaxie? Could someone else take it and you, if necessary, meet them at Goodwood on the way back from the Ferry?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2895335)   #1540
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I am just waiting to hear if I can get on the Monday ferry from Santander. If I can its a result.
Looks like you will have over 400 miles to do depending on exact route and ferry leaves Santander at 1500hrs monday. Presume you aren't taking any GD cars, so as WSM is first race sunday and FJ over by 1400hrs it can be done........ I guess other trucks will be pushing to get that ferry as well, so you won't be alone!
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:46 (Ref:2895337)   #1541
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That was my thought and the reason why I asked the question. Porto is great but the logistics are a nightmare unless you combine it with a summer holiday.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2895343)   #1542
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
You can borrow my Superman outfit Iain
Old 10 Jun 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2895345)   #1543
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nah, he'd probably want to know what the "S" meant on the front.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2895350)   #1544
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
assuming the Supertankers testing at woodgood, reschedule it, why kill yourself?

not constructive comment granted, I was considering your sanity
Old 10 Jun 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2895353)   #1545
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 11 Jun 2011, 05:42 (Ref:2895479)   #1546
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nah, he'd probably want to know what the "S" meant on the front.
Hang on a minuit,Youvvvvvvvvvvveee.Insulted me all week for not using proper english now your doing the same thing you're self.Cannot find "Nah"in the dictionary. "Makes my blood boil".Good old Gordon knew someone sensible would come up with a solution. Offer a accepted thanks Mate..Any chance of someone posting the superman music.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 05:50 (Ref:2895483)   #1547
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You admit to owning a dictionary?
Old 11 Jun 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2895491)   #1548
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
On a serious note, it seems to me that we are all busy people. Losing two or thee days may not be an option. However if we were to arrange a joint trip whereby the cars and tools were transported as a group rather than by individuals then these jaunts may be more practical. Roger W alluded to something similar in another thread.

Just a thought.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2896799)   #1549
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I've found just the thing for quick engine removals at a meeting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nExFWTojU_M
You might have to use a bit of T Cut afterwards !
Old 12 Jun 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2896807)   #1550
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

My client tells me that your link ist verboten!