Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Sep 2001, 04:13 (Ref:140972)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sam hornish....

well done to sam on wrapping up the 2001 irl title - just to fast and consistent all year ....
congrats also to jacques lazier on getting his 1st win - seems that the sacking of greg ray by team menards has paid of very quickly
Old 4 Sep 2001, 14:55 (Ref:141171)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I was gonna post the same thing gomick..

well done to Sam hornish ..he has been awesome all year and really deserves the title..even though Im a Buddy Lazier fan.

there is always next year Buddy

and Jacques..wow what an effort ..he drove brilliantly and quite frankly I never really thought he was that good ..shows what a good team and driver combo means in this day and age.

and what the heck is up with team kelly..scott sharp is always crashing with flat tires or something else like that and Mark Dismore is always getting involved in crashes with someone else...that team just cant buy a trick at the moment.

looking forward to the season finale in a few weeks ..hope it is as entertaining as the whole year has been.

and bad luck to Robbie Buhl..man when is he gonna get up and win again..his Infinity engine is always breaking on him...next time hey Robbie
Old 4 Sep 2001, 15:00 (Ref:141177)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No matter what many think about the skill level of the various IRL talent, Sam Hornish is a very good racing driver. His calm and resolve remind me very much of another very talented rookie, Scott Dixon. These two run in the front, do not make grevious mistakes, do not cause crashes, race aggressively but extremely fair, and are above all consistent. He and the team definitely deserve their title this year.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:20 (Ref:141437)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kudos to Sam and Jacques, I've gotta agree with Marcus, I never though Jac was much chop....kudos! He did seem to do a lot of arm waving during the race though- keep your hands on the wheel sonny!!

Also, what about the Salazar incident? Dismore (i think it was on the outside) was incredibly rude trying to cut Salazar down to the inside behind the slower car...do you guys think that was a legitimate tactic, and should Salazar simply backed out of it?
Old 5 Sep 2001, 02:08 (Ref:141531)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think it is a legitimate tactic Crash ...trying to block a guy behind a backmarker is a pretty good move but Dismore knew all along that Saladbar was going to try and move out and should have been prepared for this...I dont know who is to blame ...slalasar probably shouldnt have moved out like that and Dismore probably should have made room for him.

racing incident in my book
Old 5 Sep 2001, 04:21 (Ref:141548)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hit the rum hey Marcus?

I want to know what happened to Al Duncer Jr and Billy Goat