Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jul 2000, 18:58 (Ref:23239)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Possibly as a favor to a former teammate, a chance to seek other oppurtunities, or maybe just for fun.... Jean Alesi will be competing at the Race of 1000 Years in Adelaide Australia at the end of this year. He will be driving for BMW. Do yo think Gerhardt Berger had anything to do with this?
Old 15 Jul 2000, 22:54 (Ref:23384)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

K C

What is the race of 1000 years ? what BMW is JA going to drive ? when is the race ?

Sorry being in the UK I'm not up to date with this race, someone will tell it is all in Autosport but sorry I don't always get this mag.

Of course GB would not use his position to get JA into a car....... JA is a racer and would probably drive anyway, another Moss and will be racing and winning in cars until he is 80.
Old 15 Jul 2000, 23:14 (Ref:23393)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poaches from the ALMS website:

Adelaide Race of a Thousand Years
Adelaide, Australia

What better way to bring in the dawn of the "real" millennium than having the party of the century and the Race of a Thousand Years.

The stars and the cars of the American Le Mans Series will do battle in the final round of the 2000 championship on the streets of Adelaide in Australia.

The former home of the Australian Formula One Grand Prix, the Adelaide street circuit is situated right on the edge of the city mile - a short walking distance from the major hotels, leading restaurants and entertainment districts.

While the streets of Adelaide usually come alive on New Year's Eve - the party will be even bigger when the ALMS comes to town.

First used for the 1985 Australian Grand Prix, the Adelaide street circuit utilises major roads around the parklands adjacent to the central business district.

With more than 200,000 spectators attending the last Adelaide Grand Prix in 1995, the circuit was revived last year with a round of the Australian Touring Car Championship staged on a shortened version of the track. The Adelaide circuit will return to its full length as utilised during the Grand Prix days.

The pit and paddock area is located within an infield section inside the Victoria Park horse racing venue.

While much of the circuit is lined with concrete barriers, the track features good run-off areas and exceptional safety standards.

When it was launched in 1985, the Adelaide track was used as a model for the construction of many street circuits throughout the world.
http://www.americanlemans.com
Old 17 Jul 2000, 16:14 (Ref:23719)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
spot on heeltoe...and Im hoping to be there cheering for aussie david brabham to take the win
Old 23 Jul 2000, 00:11 (Ref:24841)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23 Jul 2000, 02:39 (Ref:24875)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
you are more than welcome Liz...we do occasionally let people into our country and we do know how to party
Old 23 Jul 2000, 12:32 (Ref:24978)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a boyfriend in Adelaide who will be happy to see me if I can figure out how to get there. All I have to do now is figure out how to pay for it.

I'll get back to you.