Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1621984)   #1
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is Scott Speed doing?

As an American, I was wondering how you guys felt about Scott Speed's season. He seems to be in the top 10 occasionally. The car he is driving seems to be a peice of crap.

Any thoughts?
Old 29 May 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1621996)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luizzi has been way better by quite some way so far. However Speed had a very good run last time out before Monaco think it was Spain, Monaco he was off the pace at his first visit.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1622010)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has he been in the top 10 ever ???
Old 29 May 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1622011)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's been a bit anonomus so far this year I think, other than in Austrialia of course. I think Luizzi has had the measure of him so far though...
Old 29 May 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1622012)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scott doesn't seem to be anywhere near good enough. Liuzzi has outpaced him consistantly, and done a better job of bringing the car to the finish. His attitude is even less impressive. Red Bull want an American in F1, so his place might be safe despite this.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1622016)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Has he been in the top 10 ever ???
Melbourne he was 8th, you know then lost the postion to DC and point.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1622018)   #7
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luizzi has been better so far on balance without doubt, but Speed has been holding his own IMO. Too early to tell what his future holds.
Old 29 May 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1622026)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Melbourne he was 8th, you know then lost the postion to DC and point.
Oh THAT race... it's been a long time.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1622051)   #9
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain
Luzzi-11th
Speed-13th

Malaysian
Luzzi-11th
Speed-DNF

Australian
Luzzi-DNF
Speed-11th (after a penalty)

San Marino
Luzzi-14th
Speed-15th

Nurburgring
Luzzi- DNF
Speed-11th

Spain
Luzzi-15th
Speed-DNF

Monaco
Luzzi-10th
Speed-13th

Hasn't been anything to shout about for either of the two.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1622081)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speed has been a model of anonymity, on track.

Off track he shouts a lot.

Not sure what to make of him really.
Old 29 May 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1622138)   #11
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Not sure what to make of him really.
He makes a bloody good TV presenter IMO

But in the car, I'm gonna reserve judgement until the end of the season before I say.
Old 29 May 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1622142)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
He makes a bloody good TV presenter IMO
A damning statement, if ever there was one.
Old 29 May 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1622146)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Considering the car, I think they are improving.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1622187)   #14
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without checking the actual statistics, I'm struggling to recall Scott making it into a Q2 session this season. Which is to say that I don't think Monaco was the first time Liuzzi got there, though again I say that without looking at statistics. On a qualifying basis, Scott certainly doesn't seem to be the match of his teammate, though it appeared he was running Liuzzi pretty close during the Australian GP. I like him, if only because he brings something a bit different, but his driving is going to have to go up a couple of levels yet.

It's difficult to judge the relative race performances when you barely get to see any of them.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1622191)   #15
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he isn't all that, but his car is not up to form, but Luizzi does get the better of him, what is his history anyway in openwheel?
was he the best candidate?
Old 29 May 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1622273)   #16
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring
he isn't all that, but his car is not up to form, but Luizzi does get the better of him, what is his history anyway in openwheel?
was he the best candidate?
Scott Speed's career includes a couple of fairly succesful stint in some American junior formulae, a season in British F3 ('03) which was blighted by illness, winning the German and European Formula Renault Championships in '04 and third in last years GP2 championship. Based on this and the lack of comparable American drivers on the verge of F1, I'd argue that Scott Speed was the best candidate.

In my view, Scott Speed needs a bit more time before being judged; he appears to be quite quick although at this stage, Liuzzi appears to be the better racer. Once he has a full season under his belt, it'll be easier to make judgements as to whether Speed will make it in F1.
Old 29 May 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1622291)   #17
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a fan of Speed's. Not at all. BUT I think he hasn't embarrassed himself on the track. I don't think he's any major talent though, he doesn't have a prosperous future in my eyes.
Old 29 May 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1622328)   #18
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He's doing Alright better than the Super Aguri drivers but he has a long way to go to compete with the top guns...
Old 29 May 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1622336)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well I'd venture to suggest he is doing better than the Super Aguri drivers because he is driving a car that isn't four years old. That is an irrelevant comparison, to be honest.

But certainly, Speed is doing little wrong. He is just painfully average.
Old 29 May 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1622346)   #20
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
You Know me i have some very out there Random Comments.

Basicaly Scott is doing good....
Old 29 May 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1622352)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scott really hasnt done anything impressive so far.
Has had some bad luck, but has been average at best so far.

He will struggle to get a contract after STR if he continues like this....

and his punky American routine is getting tiresome...
Old 29 May 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1622354)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That's not punky. It is just American.

They are louder than life.
Old 29 May 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1622361)   #23
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
He hasn't really caused anyone that much trouble. Apart from Coulthard at the start of the season. I think he has kept himself out of trouble and got on with what he's Supposed too.

There is so much Attention around other drivers like Button and Alonso.that sometimes it is easy to judge new drivers in smaller teams.
Old 29 May 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1622363)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He hasn't caused much trouble, no. Nor would you expect him to.
Old 29 May 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1622370)   #25
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Well If He was causing trouble. It would be intreasting to watch...
Red bull could try flying that hospitality Tent/thing next...
wonder what Scott would say then