Mick Schumacher 0 0%
Nikita Mazepin 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jul 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4062999)   #51
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Don’t worry, there are plenty of people who concentrate on the bad stuff.

gotta have balance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
...Hopefully he’s just trying too hard and can grow out of it.
i hope this too but the difference between his quali and race performances (and despite the lack of quality of this Williams) is a bit surprising...more so given he has had close to 50 race starts.

i think just 3 points and they came from his Merc outing?

i mean i like him and want to see what he can do in a proper car and all that but Lance Stroll scored way more points while in a similarly sucky Williams car.

legitimate questions over his future i think should be emerging at this point.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 17:36 (Ref:4063000)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Hopefully he’s just trying too hard and can grow out of it.
When you have a car like that, you have to try hard. It's not a 'growing out of it' situation at all. It's obvious that you don't share what I think is the majority view that George is pretty good. With luck, we'll see him have the chance to prove just how good he is next season.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4063001)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Yes, better get Pat O'Ward into that seat ASAP.

He's currently second in the IndyCar driver's table with 345 points, 39 points behind championship leader Alex Palou. However, Pato is only 17 points ahead of Dixon. There are now 6 races left in the season, so I think Pato has his work cut out, if he wants to get Danny Ric's drive.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4063003)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you think he’ll be too soft for F1?
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4063006)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Do you think he’ll be too soft for F1?

A bit too early to tell but TheGreg might have something to say on that?
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4063008)   #56
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
When you have a car like that, you have to try hard. It's not a 'growing out of it' situation at all. It's obvious that you don't share what I think is the majority view that George is pretty good. With luck, we'll see him have the chance to prove just how good he is next season.
It’s nowhere near that simple. I rate him highly as a driver. The jury is out on his racing ability for me, and that’s an opinion formed before he got to F1, and I know I’m not the only one in the paddock who thinks that.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4063009)   #57
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He's currently second in the IndyCar driver's table with 345 points, 39 points behind championship leader Alex Palou. However, Pato is only 17 points ahead of Dixon. There are now 6 races left in the season, so I think Pato has his work cut out, if he wants to get Danny Ric's drive.
I didn’t suggest it will be anytime in the immediate future, but I’m sure Zak will have him in the F1 car soon to test.

Probably already has behind close doors in fact.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4063010)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I didn’t suggest it will be anytime in the immediate future, but I’m sure Zak will have him in the F1 car soon to test.

I was in responding to Skam85's post #31, which says: ''Yes, better get Pat O'Ward into that seat ASAP.''
Old 24 Jul 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4063011)   #59
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
I was in responding to Skam85's post #31, which says: ''Yes, better get Pat O'Ward into that seat ASAP.''
Yes he was being sarcastic about my point that Ricc is going to be out unless he improves massively.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4063012)   #60
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Zak Brown promised Pato an F1 test some time ago if he was to win an Indycar race this year for the Arrows McLaren SP squad..... Brown subsequently confirmed that the team was honouring its promise. It is to happen at the post season tests in December.

Funny thing was Danny was overjoyed about it....
in fact both Lando and Danny were happy to see O'Ward get a chance to take over driving duties at the end of the year.

Quote:
"After 23 races a post-season test is the last thing you want," commented Daniel Ricciardo. "I would love to give someone the chance!

“I’m celebrating!” he added, making it plain that his comments were characteristically tongue in cheek. “I don’t want to do the last test anyway, so I’m looking forward to it."
https://f1i.com/news/408304-indycars...h-mclaren.html
Old 24 Jul 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4063013)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Yes he was being sarcastic about my point that Ricc is going to be out unless he improves massively.

I know. Sarcasm aside, I don't think it's Pato O'Ward who is necessarily going to get the drive. He has still to test for McLaren.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 22:10 (Ref:4063025)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It’s nowhere near that simple. I rate him highly as a driver. The jury is out on his racing ability for me, and that’s an opinion formed before he got to F1, and I know I’m not the only one in the paddock who thinks that.
Fair enough. As I said, hopefully we'll get the chance to find out.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4063076)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
A bit too early to tell but TheGreg might have something to say on that?

Sorry my mistake, 2 litre Touring Car Star might have something to say on that?