Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1524587)   #1
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Banners

I like the idea of the new banners, the Bentley had been there for so long, gonna take time to adjust to the new look - furniture etc....

Only thing is, does the blue have to be so vivid? It's very "in your face" can it be toned back a bit?
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1524590)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
You'll find you get used to it very quickly. Give it a couple of days and then see how you feel.

It comes across as very !!!BLUE!!! when you've been used to the Bentley, but after it's been there for a little while, you don't even notice it.

(we've had the new banners on test for over a week so believe me, it's true!)
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1524591)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
I like the idea of the new banners, the Bentley had been there for so long, gonna take time to adjust to the new look - furniture etc....

Only thing is, does the blue have to be so vivid? It's very "in your face" can it be toned back a bit?
I like them too but I don't have a problem with the blue - I think it's quite pretty!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1524592)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just be glad MagnetON's not in his "yellow" period...
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1524595)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
mmmm violent neon banners with glow around 'em next then!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1524604)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah they are nice pics, just wish they werent that blue....
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1524610)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But luke, nowt wrong with blue pictures. Lets be grateful it's not Hot Pink!

(opps, realises he may have given MagnetOn an idea!)
Old 16 Feb 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1524613)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm well I think if it was maybe just a slight hint of light blue it would look great, I donno....
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1524622)   #9
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its quite nice

Good Job
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1524624)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We could make that bright blue a colour scheme for the entire page...

I understand those who say it's BLUE!!!, but I like it just for the banner - nice bright highlight for the top of the page.

We felt it was time to retire the Bentley, fantastic car (and image) though it was. The variety of images gives a much better reflection of the breadth of motorsport Ten Tenths covers.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1524627)   #11
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
mmmm violent neon banners with glow around 'em next then!

Nononono - the blue is very pretty and blends in well with everything else!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1524629)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
We could make that bright blue a colour scheme for the entire page...
You mean the whole page is blue? And there was me thinking I wasn't colour blind anymore..
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1524630)   #13
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire

No luke, but I'm sure MagnetON could build you an all bright blue 'skin' if you like...
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1524634)   #14
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love the new look banners, nice and vivid, just like the bright and vivid personalities of the users here! And a better reflection that we cover a wide range of motorsports.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1524643)   #15
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The new banners look great
Old 16 Feb 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1524684)   #16
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job guys
Old 17 Feb 2006, 02:09 (Ref:1524747)   #17
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first "new" banner I saw had "Snetterton" in big blue letters on it, which made me think this was all a big new advert campaign...
Old 17 Feb 2006, 06:57 (Ref:1524813)   #18
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
lol, If Snet or any other circuit wishes to advertise on Ten-Tenths they can contact me for rates I chose that to represent the "Trackside" forum until I can get a suitable picture of a grandstand full of fans or tents or something
Old 17 Feb 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1524818)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A grandstand full of tents?
Old 17 Feb 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1524851)   #20
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tents? Tenths? Huh?

Seriously, the lay out looks great.
Keep the blue background, it represents (one of) my teamcolours over here.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1524876)   #21
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the fact we've got different pictures now, it's a nice effect. I like the fact its still blue too, but I'd have to agree with the earlier comments that it might be a bit vivid compared to the duller blue of the rest of the forum layout. I think the Bentley one was a bit darker wasn't it.

Having said all that I'll probably get used to it over the next few days, and then then say the old one was too dark!
Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1525036)   #22
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
My favourite one has to be that A1 car or the Legends cars, as my cousins race legends cars.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1525064)   #23
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Tents? Tenths? Huh?
10-Tents?

Getting used to the blue now.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1525109)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, Jase, you're about six years out of date there... Maybe I should re-register that domain again

Ref the trackside forum - I'd actually suggest a group of people hanging out in the bar... that's what it's all about, after all.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1525292)   #25
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The blue's pretty...liking it. and the new pics