Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Nov 2019, 22:08 (Ref:3940268)   #1
Koovi
Rookie

Koovi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Essex inlet manifold

Hi, I'm looking for genuine Ford Essex inlet manifold for 3 carbs Weber DCNF. Ideal no reproduction. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20190409-WA0000.jpg (161.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190409-WA0010.jpg (164.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20190409-WA0005.jpg (159.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 14 Nov 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3940530)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck! I did a load of work on some of these last year, Ford made a hi-top version for the single twin choke downdraft, flowed incredibly well compared to a std manifold, or even a well modified standard one.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3940544)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Joe, I quite remember your words. Are you aware of available or copies of the said manifold, the one for the single carb'?
Old 14 Nov 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3940557)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
No, I only know FOrd made them, obviously in very limited quantities. I have seen one cut, raised and welded . . . . which also enables you to get inside to port/modify.

from memory its getting the end cylinders to flow as well as the middle two so they don't run lean. . . . although some heads are worse so I'd do that first!!!
Old 14 Nov 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3940624)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Its probably the unit pictures on the homologation form of the 3.0 Capri for instance. I do remember you've been working hard on this engine.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3940635)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, can anyone help Koovi?
Old 18 Nov 2019, 05:29 (Ref:3941310)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So, can anyone help Koovi?
I think he is the same guy on FB. Mike.
Burtons do the inlet as per original, which is what I told him. I think the price put him off though. I think what he is looking for just doesn't exist, no bargain priced ones for sale.
Old 18 Nov 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3941358)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
I think he is the same guy on FB. Mike.
Burtons do the inlet as per original, which is what I told him. I think the price put him off though. I think what he is looking for just doesn't exist, no bargain priced ones for sale.
I get this regularly . . .How and why would I have something as good or better sitting around, for less than the cost of something readily available from a recognised manufacturer.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3962000)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm looking for genuine Ford Essex inlet manifold for 3 carbs Weber DCNF was the question. I think it can only be a XPack unit with 42 mm carbs. As terence says, have a seat and good luck.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 05:43 (Ref:3962079)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I'm looking for genuine Ford Essex inlet manifold for 3 carbs Weber DCNF was the question. I think it can only be a XPack unit with 42 mm carbs. As terence says, have a seat and good luck.
Wasnt so long ago I could have bought a genuine manifold complete with carbs for gbp100 off of a guy I knew. Of course I had no intention of owning a Capri then. 🤔😖😖
Old 8 Mar 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3962367)   #11
Koovi
Rookie

Koovi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Wasnt so long ago I could have bought a genuine manifold complete with carbs for gbp100 off of a guy I knew. Of course I had no intention of owning a Capri then. 🤔😖😖
It's a pity...do you still have contact with him?
Old 11 Mar 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3962979)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koovi View Post
It's a pity...do you still have contact with him?
No sorry, if I did have, the manifold and carbs would be on my car. 😁
Old 11 Mar 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3963066)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Terry? Selfish!