Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Sep 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3140807)   #1
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erebus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is/was the phone number prefix in NZ for mobile phones
"SBR Erebus AMG Mercedes Benz V8Supercar program"....any idea who decided it was a good idea to use that word in M-B???
Old 24 Sep 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3141045)   #2
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
"SBR Erebus AMG Mercedes Benz V8Supercar program"....any idea who decided it was a good idea to use that word in M-B???
Good question, that crossed my mind too. I wonder what it means to Betty because surely she named the team.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 02:42 (Ref:3141198)   #3
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Good question, that crossed my mind too. I wonder what it means to Betty because surely she named the team.
Good point! I googled 'Erebus', it has a pretty dark background in Greek mythology ... "The perceived meaning of Erebus is "darkness"; the first recorded instance of it was "place of darkness between earth and Hades". perhaps she wants the other teams to think of Erebus Mototorsport as the Team from Hell!
Old 25 Sep 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3141215)   #4
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Good point! I googled 'Erebus', it has a pretty dark background in Greek mythology ... "The perceived meaning of Erebus is "darkness"; the first recorded instance of it was "place of darkness between earth and Hades". perhaps she wants the other teams to think of Erebus Mototorsport as the Team from Hell!
When an SLS GT3 fires up and lumbers down pitlane at near idle it's pretty devilish.....
Old 25 Sep 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3141311)   #5
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does that make her AMG Black Betty?
Old 25 Sep 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3141353)   #6
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
When an SLS GT3 fires up and lumbers down pitlane at near idle it's pretty devilish.....
Pfft

My victor mower with throttle set to "rabbit" sounds nicer....
Old 25 Sep 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3141360)   #7
Prancing Wombat
Rookie

Prancing Wombat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have to agree with FF there. They sound like someone's got the plug leads all mixed up.

In defence of Erebus: at least someone is tipping $$$ into motorsport. good luck to 'em.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3141368)   #8
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of The Amenta song
Old 26 Sep 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3141769)   #9
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To me they sound like they were built from bits left over in the Viper parts bin after the failed Chrysler Benz merger.
The Erebus name certainly has some conotations for Kiwis and people with an aviation background.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3141775)   #10
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure she knew what happens when you google "Erebus" I think that's how she found the name it is in one of the articles on the team..

Last edited by St00ge; 26 Sep 2012 at 01:41.
Old 26 Sep 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3141791)   #11
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Wombat View Post
have to agree with FF there. They sound like someone's got the plug leads all mixed up.
I think it was discussed on here before once that the Benz block runs a different firing order to acustom sounds we get from our American cousins.....
Old 26 Sep 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3141868)   #12
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd never heard of it before, but then I'm not a Kiwi, or a plane spotter or a researcher of airplane disasters......
Old 26 Sep 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3141908)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Discussions about Erebus the team would be nice right about now.. please
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Sep 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3141916)   #14
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Discussions about Erebus the team would be nice right about now.. please
just curious, is Shane locked down next year ?? when does his SBR contract run out??
with talk that Moffat is leaving DJR, wouldn't Shane be a fit their if he didn't want to change from Ford ??
Old 26 Sep 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3141919)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
just curious, is Shane locked down next year ?? when does his SBR contract run out??
with talk that Moffat is leaving DJR, wouldn't Shane be a fit their if he didn't want to change from Ford ??
has still not mentioned it on facebook.

Im thinking the jury is still out on this
Old 26 Sep 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3141926)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
New 3 year deal signed this year with SBR Here

May have a change of ownership clause in there somewhere, but it would be hard to imagine why this driver would want to change when the opportunity to get into a 'better' seat seems limited to a 4th string FPR deal rather than a lead SBR/Erebus pilot...
Old 26 Sep 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3141932)   #17
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
has still not mentioned it on facebook.

Im thinking the jury is still out on this
i was thinking similar, one would think that with the Erebus/SBR deal out in the open, Shane would have made some noise about it, rather, he is merely excited about having a crack at drifting in Rattla
Old 27 Sep 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3142299)   #18
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as they give him a machine capable of doing the job, why would he care what car the team runs? When they made it as professional drivers, I would think, they gave up any manufacturer allegiances.
Old 27 Sep 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3142305)   #19
alfacors
Veteran

Does SVG even have any personal deals with Ford? I thought there were very few drivers who had any personal sponsorships with manufacturers these days. I think SBR will ensure the cars are reasonably competitive in 2013. I don't know about race-winners, but you never know how quick or how slow some teams will get on top of their new COTF machinery.
Old 27 Sep 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3142311)   #20
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I don't know about race-winners, but you never know how quick or how slow some teams will get on top of their new COTF machinery.
I'd pick it would be a safe bet that 888 will get on top of theirs pretty quickly.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3143020)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Does SVG even have any personal deals with Ford? I thought there were very few drivers who had any personal sponsorships with manufacturers these days. I think SBR will ensure the cars are reasonably competitive in 2013. I don't know about race-winners, but you never know how quick or how slow some teams will get on top of their new COTF machinery.
Drivers arent allowed to have personal deals with motor manufacturers...
Old 1 Oct 2012, 02:32 (Ref:3144400)   #22
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New 3 year deal signed this year with SBR Here

May have a change of ownership clause in there somewhere, but it would be hard to imagine why this driver would want to change when the opportunity to get into a 'better' seat seems limited to a 4th string FPR deal rather than a lead SBR/Erebus pilot...
Will Davison can tell a story of how an employment contract can mean not so much when a team changes ownership. I don't think we can say that Van Gisbergen and Holdsworth's positions are set in stone. Pardon the pun.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3145412)   #23
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
It's also the highest mountain in Antarctica, so named after one of the survey ships of the British Antarctic Survey.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3145423)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erebu$
Old 2 Oct 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3145440)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Will Davison can tell a story of how an employment contract can mean not so much when a team changes ownership. I don't think we can say that Van Gisbergen and Holdsworth's positions are set in stone. Pardon the pun.
And won in court for both his salary and costs...