Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3837310)   #1851
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I still think that F1 is on a slow path to irrelevance. I think in the coming years that there will be more venues which give up on the event as I don't necessarily see the demand from the public to watch this perhaps as much as 10, 20 years ago. The direction of road cars is electric and when that takes hold, I think F1 will struggle to attract the same level of interest.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3837313)   #1852
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I still think that F1 is on a slow path to irrelevance. I think in the coming years that there will be more venues which give up on the event as I don't necessarily see the demand from the public to watch this perhaps as much as 10, 20 years ago. The direction of road cars is electric and when that takes hold, I think F1 will struggle to attract the same level of interest.
Once inductive charging becomes viable, I can see F1 adopting this.

Then in typical F1 style, to encourage overtaking, the inductive track will be laid off the racing line. So drivers have the option of holding line for track position, or charging off-line for more boost!

Old 19 Jul 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3837438)   #1853
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
It sort of amuses me that Liberty are so intent on a race in Miami.
A 21 year contract! 21 years. On that track layout??

Like the idea of a race in Miami, but that track layout is a joke.

Old 19 Jul 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3837448)   #1854
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wonder when we are going to get an announcement of Miami? Have they set a deadline?
Old 19 Jul 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3837471)   #1855
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wonder when we are going to get an announcement of Miami?
Won't be until at least September. There's a lot of opposition for the Miami race.

https://www.betterfloridaalliance.org/petitions

Old 19 Jul 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3837482)   #1856
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Why does F1 need to be relevant? Very few other motorsports are. And no other sport is.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3837658)   #1857
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Miami still deciding on the track layout I see
Old 22 Jul 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3837942)   #1858
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Sources suggest there will be no Miami GP as was planned for next year. Possibly for 2020 at the earliest.

Strike one Liberty Media.

Old 22 Jul 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3838136)   #1859
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Why does F1 need to be relevant? Very few other motorsports are. And no other sport is.
What, not even beach volleyball?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3838542)   #1860
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What, not even beach volleyball?
I need to think outside the box more. I suppose if you're a photographer for a "lads mag" then it could be very relevant to your job.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:00 (Ref:3838586)   #1861
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Autosport reporting that Assen is being assessed for a Dutch Grand Prix. I don’t get it; the Netherlands can hardly be a huge market, the Dutch GP isn’t really a “classic” fixture and Assen has little F1 history. What’s the draw?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3838590)   #1862
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Autosport reporting that Assen is being assessed for a Dutch Grand Prix. I don’t get it; the Netherlands can hardly be a huge market, the Dutch GP isn’t really a “classic” fixture and Assen has little F1 history. What’s the draw?
Max Verstappen.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3838591)   #1863
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Cui bono? Verstappen fans are buying tickets for Austria, the UK, Germany, Belgium. Where’s the need for a Dutch fixture?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3838593)   #1864
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It must be a pretty big market, now that they've got Verstappen. Hordes of Dutch fans have been descending on European venues, wearing their orange shirts. The race itself was a more or less a permanent fixture on the F1 calendar, from 1948 to '85.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3838595)   #1865
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i cant remember where i read it (probably Saward) but it was something along the lines of feeding the Amsterdam tourist market.

lots of tourists, running out of space, need for more things to do etc... so try and draw them outside of the city rather then risk losing part of that market. rather that was the logic behind being able to find funding for it.

plus Max.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3838600)   #1866
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
That makes a bit more sense. But finding room in a crowded calendar could be very difficult.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3838615)   #1867
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Assen has absolutely nothing to do with Amsterdam.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:19 (Ref:3838656)   #1868
S griffin
Veteran

There are enough GPs on the calendar as it is, Assen would probably have to wait for a circuit to drop off the calendar
Old 25 Jul 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3838675)   #1869
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
There are enough GPs on the calendar as it is, Assen would probably have to wait for a circuit to drop off the calendar
Miami and Hockenheim have fallen off (or, hopefully, in the case of Miami, been postponed).
Old 25 Jul 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3838712)   #1870
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Miami and Hockenheim have fallen off (or, hopefully, in the case of Miami, been postponed).
Miami has been delayed until 2020.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/137590
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3838765)   #1871
S griffin
Veteran

Is Hockenheim really going again? I hope not
Old 25 Jul 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3838771)   #1872
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
So I understand, yes.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3838786)   #1873
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It only hosts the GP every other year, anyway. Whether it will be back in 2020, I don't know.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3838843)   #1874
S griffin
Veteran

Seems a shame it’s still doing alternate years
Old 26 Jul 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3838852)   #1875
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seems a shame it’s still doing alternate years
Understand its contract runs out this year-Berlin as used for FE would be good