Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Jan 2001, 21:35 (Ref:58685)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...the Rally XS magazine free with Autosport this week?

On pages 42 to 47, there's a wonderful piece describing the friendly rivalry that exists between Colin McRae and his engineer, Martin Wilkinson.

They have a light-hearted competition to see who can change some pre-arranged 'service items', such as a clutch plate, brake disc and a rear toe link.

Colin is a very accomplished mechanic, having fully prepared his own cars before gaining works status, and he still enjoys almost complete familiarity with the Focus compononents - he never knows when he may need to know!

After the tests, one of which Colin wins, M-Sport's big boss, Malcolm Wilson arrives to see what's going on.

"Hey Malcolm!" says Colin, "I don't know what all the fuss is about when I come into a service. It's not so hard!"

"Aye, but the bits are normally bent, aren't they?!" Responds Wilson.

Excellent!
Old 16 Jan 2001, 00:51 (Ref:58737)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll get that one on Thursday and I'm looking forward to reading it. I want to know more about the WRC.