Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Are you (provisionally) interested in going to the end of season dinner/drinks?
Yes 22 95.65%
No 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2554616)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[QUOTE=johngee;2554437]I'm up for it.....if somebody in my position would be welcome......

.....and I don't want to talk about driving standards all evening!!!!
[QUOTE]

Not driving standards exactly John,but I think Iain would like to ask about the meaning of some flag's.
Old 5 Oct 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2554698)   #27
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasted View Post
Looks like Scotch Corner Hotel is off the radar then ??

Damn!
Old 5 Oct 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2554714)   #28
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm up for it, anywhere within 3 or 4 hour's drive would be fine
Old 5 Oct 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2554722)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If it was a time that I was in the country I could come along and supply a couple of barrels of "proper beer" not your "boys water".
I know this might cause a little bit of friction with the Hotel (or whatever) bar, but the offer is there .
We could have a p*ss up in the brewery but its freezing at this time of the year !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Oct 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2554725)   #30
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
We could have a p*ss up in the brewery
I've never yet met a brewer who can organize such a thing
Old 5 Oct 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2554735)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I've never yet met a brewer who can organize such a thing
I guarantee you that Bob certainly can. The last one a few weeks back there must have been 2-300 people turned up for his birthday, they are legendary !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Oct 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2554747)   #32
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain

This is Mr Larkin himself (Bob) he treats life as one big joke
Old 7 Oct 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2555854)   #33
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have added a poll to this thread to get a better idea of likely numbers. Will leave the poll open for a while, and let's aim for early/mid January for a date, unless anyone prefers early December?

James
Old 7 Oct 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2555872)   #34
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Only time for me is a lunch between Christmas and New Year.We do similar thing with Bengys.Gets you out of shopping,nothing on box or to do.28/29th Dec would be perfect but if not will happy to check pics on here.Box of Beers could be in date for next years Festival but LMC would be a better place.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2569651)   #35
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just bumping this back to the top (unless it can be made a 'sticky', Mr. Moderator), since there may be some who haven't seen this.

So far, depending on dates, we're looking at around 20 people.

I'm looking at a venue in central London (not West End) for either early December, or early January, and will let you know the score. Probably about £25 a head, including dinner plus some (not all!) drinks. Probably on a Thursday evening.

Other idea is a pub meet in-between Xmas and New Year, ideally with cars (if Streetable).

James
Old 25 Oct 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2569672)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Sue and I would go if it was after the 9th Jan as we will be then back in the UK .
Old 25 Oct 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2569673)   #37
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
For what its worth ,not much,am only about between Christmas and New Year.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2570267)   #38
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I may be around in Dec depending on dates but will be in NZ in Jan.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2570284)   #39
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Note for the organiser. If you pick between 1st and 9th January it looks like JR, Roger and Gordon will all miss it so no grump, vodka or Larkins - better pick another date.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2570347)   #40
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Am leaving on 2/1 and at VSCC Queens Head at Hawkedon ,Suffolk on New Years day,lunch for VSCC .80 old bangers last New Years Day .4 xType 51 Bugattis.
A very good pub and food superb.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2570574)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
are you exempt from drink driving laws in pre war cars?

I have noted some London to brighton cars tend to have bars in the back!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2570605)   #42
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

You should not drink and drive in any car.
Just seen that ad on tele here but it was all about DUI and Designated driver stuff.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2570617)   #43
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quite agree, but it sort of flies in the face of driving to a pub.

being driven is fine however
Old 27 Oct 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2570620)   #44
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Have found a driver!
Old 29 Oct 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2571978)   #45
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Andrew has found a possible place and it is covered on the so so lighter side this morning thread.What do people think about an informal gathering on 30/12 at that Pub assuming it has car park for old bangers , food and a proper bar.
Just needs somebody to ring and ensure it fits the bill and Post it on here.

How about it boys?

No formal stuff as it will be a pain to organise but an informal gathering with those who feel like it turning up.

If this doesn't work I can sort something out at Hawkendon Queen ,Suffolk on 30/12 for 10/10th bods plus a few others .Its used to old bangers as VSCC use it and food superb.It also close to Terry!We will be there for most of Christmas week so its no big deal.Sure the London area type place would suit more people.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2571984)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Im in.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2571985)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hawkenden works for me,but the problem is there is a fair distance for a lot of people who like to attend,difficult sorting somewhere central to everyone.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2571997)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I understand that.Suggest the London Area place is ideal for so many more people .
The Hawkendon thing would be for the Suffolk Hysteric car gang such as George Wadsworth,Craig Betts etc etc and that lot as well as 10/10's gang.They all meet there or Fox at Ousden most days so it will be straightforward.Can ask Karl Lugvigson who is next door.That would be upmarket for 10/10ths?

A London organised thing is preferable
Old 29 Oct 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2571998)   #49
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Just need one of you to make a call and Post on here.Job done!

Save decisions

from noon on 30th December.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2572000)   #50
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thats the London place.If no one bothers and it doesn't get off ground I will organise alternative in Suffolk on same day for the boys and 10/10ths stragglers