Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3348692)   #26
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Dutch medium NOS are also referring to French media reporting Schumacher's life is in danger and that he suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. So far, I have not noticed any statement from Schumacher's management, which cannot be a good thing.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3348693)   #27
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I also don't like the fact Michael's website has gone off-air.

Edit: glad to say I was wrong on this one. So please ignore it.

Last edited by vincegail; 29 Dec 2013 at 21:16.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3348695)   #28
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His site hasn't gone off-air. It's just the fact that too many people try to reach it. I've checked it a few minutes ago, but there's nothing about the accident. I hope his injuries are not as bad as reported and he gets well soon.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3348696)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
The Dutch medium NOS are also referring to French media reporting Schumacher's life is in danger and that he suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. So far, I have not noticed any statement from Schumacher's management, which cannot be a good thing.
I see the same thing here.....

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...iing-accident/

Getting very worried about this...
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3348700)   #30
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Michael Schumacher is in critical condition" according to skysports
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3348702)   #31
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It appears that he underwent neurosurgery after the hospital admission..
http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Motori/...37781569.shtml
Old 29 Dec 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3348703)   #32
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumachers managment just confirmed his condition is critical and that Michael is in a coma

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...3c9636d3&hl=en

Last edited by steve nielsen; 29 Dec 2013 at 21:55.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3348710)   #33
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
BBC now reporting that he's "critical".
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3348711)   #34
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher is in a "critical condition" in a coma after striking his head in a ski accident in the French Alps on Sunday, the hospital treating him said.

The 44-year-old German "was suffering a serious brain trauma with coma on his arrival, which required an immediate neurosurgical operation," the hospital in the southeast French city of Grenoble said in a statement.
(AFP)
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3348714)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't you just hate it when news seems ok and then it takes a sudden turn...
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3348715)   #36
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uffda. Another body blow for 2013. C'mon Schumi! Pedal to the floor.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3348716)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Go on Michael. This is a race we all want you to win.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3348718)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's just sad.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3348719)   #39
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awful stuff. I was thinking it's ironic when this stuff happens to someone competing in motorsport - getting injured in something else I mean, although then I thought skiing is damn hazardous.

Best wishes, Michael.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3348720)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racing drivers always seem to be doing harm to themselves in other pursuits. It is like some kind of mandatory requirement.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3348726)   #41
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone looking up statistics on Traumatic Brain Injury shouldn't be quite as alarmed as they sound - the majority of the high fatality rates are from gun shot wounds. Other traumas have much, much better prognosis.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3348729)   #42
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
champions will always push the limit no matter what sport they're doing.
victory number 92 please Michael. fingers crossed.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3348731)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Don't you just hate it when news seems ok and then it takes a sudden turn...

It seems I was wrong to assume that the minor injury reports were the right ones earlier on.

Hope he's OK.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3348732)   #44
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hang in there Schumi!
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3348733)   #45
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Anyone looking up statistics on Traumatic Brain Injury shouldn't be quite as alarmed as they sound - the majority of the high fatality rates are from gun shot wounds. Other traumas have much, much better prognosis.
Yes but central nevous system is quite like a diamond.. You can smash it harder and harder and still remains intact but if you have the correct strenght and angle you can destroy it.. It's a pretty strong metaphor but it's more or less like that..
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3348734)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The fact the coma seemingly isn't an induced one is a big concern as well.

Still, let's try not to worry and see how it plays out.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3348735)   #47
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just heard about this and I'm shocked. Michael is my childhood hero, someone I really looked up to at the time, and someone I still look up to now. I just hope he pulls through.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3348738)   #48
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
News not moving in a direction that i'm comfortable with.

Shocking news. The guy dominated the era of F1 that i was obsessed with so naturally feeling very saddened tonight. I hope he can get over this.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3348739)   #49
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts are with Michael and his family at this time. I really hope that when I wake up in the morning I see on the news that he has as well.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3348743)   #50
Heardy1982
Rookie

Heardy1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wishing shumi all the best this evening. No matter what you thought of him during times of racing you cant forget and takeaway the achievements and what pleasure he brought to so people in the world. Come on shumacher this is one battle we all want you to win. Hoping for better news in the morning #getwellsoon
Closed Thread