Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Dec 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1787274)   #26
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How will this affect teams that make a lot of components internally ??? these parts are esentially free, where as other teams have to purchase these items!!!
Old 11 Dec 2006, 04:34 (Ref:1787415)   #27
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from the mouths of babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Errr the world is slighty larger than Melbourne,Victoria,Rugby is bigger than AFL/League/V8's combined and then some.And Rugbys been getting around salary caps for years.
V8s are in Aus, AFL is in Aus, Ross Oakley was AFL chief & co author of this cap - the points you make perhaps reflect your ....

The AFL salary cap works & the clubs are multi million dollar enterprises.

Get relevant guys !!
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1787832)   #28
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do agree that a salary cap system would be the way to go...it will be hard to control and there will be loopholes. But I do think that the gap between the top teams and the not so well-funded teams is widening at a rapid pace. Something does need to be done.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Dec 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1790207)   #29
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell
How will this affect teams that make a lot of components internally ??? these parts are esentially free, where as other teams have to purchase these items!!!
Hmmm... There should be penalties built in depending on how much manufacturing equipment you have?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1790211)   #30
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think a salary cap is unncessary. If they want to cut down on costs, I reckon they should have gone for a control sequential gearbox and clutch, more lasting engines, control rims and spark plugs and only one engine maker for Ford and one engine maker for Holden.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1790221)   #31
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Hmmm... There should be penalties built in depending on how much manufacturing equipment you have?
Just one of the many loopholes they will never figure a way to close.

If they are serious about cutting back on spending, then do it through the technical regulations;

1. Make many of the major-cost parts standard-issue at a set price;
(such as uprights, brakes, hubs, gearboxes, spoilers, diffs, engine components and etc etc). That way nobody can spend big money developing/manufacturing them or have something that others can't afford or get.

2. Put a limit on the amount of engines that can be used in the season and/or per event. If they use more, then they lose big points (same as DTM, BTCc etc). Then they won't need the huge amount of engines that they keep.

3. Do what F1 and some others have now done....put a freeze on all engine and drivetrain development after a certain date. After that date, the specifications of those items are set and can't be altered for (say) 2 years other than safety issues. No more real money is then spent on development.

There are easier ways of strictly controlling the spending, other than a budget/salary cap which will easily be fudged....another example of which is; how are they going to control the amount of money a driver earns from his merchandise that he sells? How will they stop a driver getting, say, a bigger percentage of royalties from his merchandise to overcome his salary cap?

Last edited by touring fan01; 14 Dec 2006 at 01:32.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 01:34 (Ref:1790223)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
i have no problems with this as a theory. how will it be enforced will be the question. maybe GTR is looking for a move from PMM to V8SA.
That would be a fun job

Can I at least get a commission on the fines I get to levy??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Dec 2006, 02:00 (Ref:1790230)   #33
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't one of the measures in place is the introduction of transparency.

No more secret development ... anything developed has to be made available to all competitors.

Might stop a lot of the tricky stuff therefore saving costs
Old 14 Dec 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1790302)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
That would be a fun job

Can I at least get a commission on the fines I get to levy??

of course you can, but you should be aware that as your referrer i get a 5% trail on your commission