Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Feb 2005, 03:13 (Ref:1229897)   #51
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
any chance of someone posting some blank templates or pointing us in the right direction ????
Old 19 Feb 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1229906)   #52
Mitchell
Rookie

Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found the cars on the Avesco site, mate... on the Tech Talk page
Old 19 Feb 2005, 05:10 (Ref:1229920)   #53
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thanks Mitchell , only drama I have now is its a PDF file and I HATE PDF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoopid adobe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Feb 2005, 05:24 (Ref:1229924)   #54
Mitchell
Rookie

Theres' a little button on the Acrobat toolbar that lets you cut the picture out of the document...
Old 19 Feb 2005, 05:44 (Ref:1229928)   #55
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Yeah I finally worked it out

I still hate PDF though

Last edited by marcus; 19 Feb 2005 at 05:44.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 05:54 (Ref:1229931)   #56
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do u attach into the forum ?
Old 19 Feb 2005, 06:01 (Ref:1229933)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You cant attach, you can only links to photo hosting sites
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Feb 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1229934)   #58
Mitchell
Rookie

you need your own space, and some code... I'm not even going to begin to explain that bit
Old 19 Feb 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1229945)   #59
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Virgin Racing Team would like to announce it's 2005 driver line will consist of Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes.

Mark will pilot the returning to the championship number 05 Commodore and Lowndes the number 50.

Both Mark and Craig have had a couple of seasons to forget and are looking forward to piloting VRT's lastest spec Holden Commodores which will hopefully be as reliable and competitive as last years cars.

Mark and Craig are both looking forward to teaming up again and hope that their combined effort will be enough to rip the Number 1 clean off Marcos's doors!

Both drivers are looking forward to their first hitout at the Grand Prix, and then bring on Adelaide.

Last edited by Dazz; 19 Feb 2005 at 07:12.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1229955)   #60
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M-Kart Gulf Western Racing 2005 Championship Season

The teams two full time drivers for 2005 will be the experienced, 5 time championship winner Mark Skaife, who brings the support of Holden, along with Matthew White, who brings his previous 2003-2004 Konica-Minolta Sponsor Gulf Western Oil. Additional support will be provided by M-Kart.

The Livery of the M-Kart Gulf Western Racing Holden Commodores will be revealed in the next few days, but it can be announced now that Skaife will drive car 101, and White will drive car 202.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1229970)   #61
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PRESS RELEASE - 19 FEBRUARY 2005

433 MOTORSPORT MEDIA TEST DAY

433 Motorsport made its on track debut today, with a media test day held at the Mt Panorama circuit in Bathurst. In an invitation only event, more than 100 motoring photographers and journalists from across the country, and a couple of international guests as well, coverged on the famous track for a chance to take a ride with the team in their latest machine.

The two cars that the team will start the season with have been built by HRT, but prepared in house. By mid-year the team hope to have completed a 3-person promo ride car, which will be built completely in-house. It will serve as a vehicle for days such as this and also for a hot lap program to be officially launched later in the year.

Both Murphy and Morris were extremely pleased with the out-of-the-box performance of the car, and are positive that they will be very competitive at the first round of the championship in Adelaide. The team will not test before the opening round, but will use the support races at the Australia Formuloa One Grand Prix to fine-tune the car and ron out any niggles it may have.

433 Motorsport also tested a third driver today, who has not currently signed with the team, due to international racing commitments. Team Manager Robinson was pleased greatly with this third drivers speed, considering the vast difference to the machine he normally drives. Keep an eye out for an annoucement later in the year for the announcement of the endurance drivers.

The team will not reveal at the moment who this third driver might be, or who they might be paired with for Sandown and Bathurst, all that they will say is that negotiations will continue in Melbourne next month....

For more details and pics click here!

Last edited by HRT433; 19 Feb 2005 at 07:52.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1229976)   #62
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
PINNACLE MOTORSPORT PRESS RELEASE

On a warm saturday Afternoon Pinnacle Motorsport after downing half a bottle of Bourbon and having a paddock bash in last years v8 supercar have decided why not give 2005 a shake.

Team principal
Marcus (or guy that hates to shout next round as the team call him) has decided to once again spearhead the operation for the 3rd year running but only if he gets first choice of the teams grid girls

Sponsors

Pinnacle have managed to land a major sponsor for 2005 in the way of www.bling.com.au an up and coming mobile ringtone and wallpaper company.

minor monies will once again come from KFC and their Zinger burger and Mastercard (which has got us through many sessions at the pub)

"we are happy with Bling as they have some pretty cool ringtones and their wallpapers are exceptional as well" said marcus with a snigger

Manufacturer

After nearly being persueded to go over to the dark side , Marcus announced (in a burst of energy on the way to the gents)
"No way are we using Fords , Its Holden all the way for us!!!"

Drivers

After much consideration on the driver front , Pinnacle Motorsport are pleased to announce their driver line up.

"We Wanted for an experienced line up with loads of skill and agression" said marcus , "but instead we just picked the names out of a hat (or empty stubby box as the case may be) and came up with Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife as the teams drivers"

"Apparently they have done OK in the past ?" said a confused marcus as he was forced to shout the next round.

Test drivers

The team have also issued both Antonio Pizzonia and Max Wilson with Copies of the v8 supercar Race driver 2 game to try and help work out some set ups for the cars.

"yeah they are gonna sit in the back of the shop all year on a Playstation , drink shots and make wild accusations about how they were robbed of stardom in 2005" said Marcus

'hopefully 2005 will be a damm site better than 2004 otherwise im gonna take up another sport i think" complained marcus as he returned with 23 cougars ???

Team Vision

DRINK LOTS , CRASH LOTS AND GENERALLY GET UP THE NOSE OF THAT SNOTTY WOOFESCO GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Damm politicians" Marcus remarked as he headed for the door.

Team Livery

The team are also pleased to announce their all new for 2005 Livery , not bad for one afternoon on the turps and some 2-pac (not the rapper guy) from K Mart (who are not sponsoring us btw)

Enjoy 2005 guys cause by 2065 we just may have a chance of making a top 10 shootout

Last edited by marcus; 19 Feb 2005 at 08:04.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1229995)   #63
Desert Rat
Rookie

New Zealand
Wanganui
Desert Rat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Name: TITANIC AUTO RACING TEAM
Sponsors: P&O Cruiseline, Thomas Cook, Ford, Biante
Drivers: #888 Craig Lowndes
#666 Paul Radisich
Manufacturer: Ford
Old 19 Feb 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1229996)   #64
Forbesy
Racer

Forbesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SKAIFE & LION NATHAN JOIN FORCES IN NEW V8 TEAM

After sponsoring the famous Bathurst 1000 race for many years, the New Zealand based brewery Lion Nathan will make a return to the sport with a brand new team to be based out of Adelaide.

In what will come as a shock to many, the team has managed to lure the highly rated Mark Skaife from the recently troubled HRT to join the new team, which is planning to have two brand new VZ Commodores on the track for the non championship opener at the Australian Grand Prix in early March. Skaife will be keen to prove to all that he has still 'got what it takes' to win races and championships.

Partnering Skaife will be Cameron McConville, who will relish the chance to show his abilities in what will undoubtedly be a competitive car.

Joining the new team as general manager will be Fred Gibson, who is looking forward to the challenge of turning the team into a consistent performer.

Rumours have already started flying about who the team will recruit for the endurance races later in the year. Mika Hakkinen, multiple Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen and the king of comebacks, Peter Brock. Brock, who will turn 60 next week, has been quoted as saying "I just want to give it one final red hot go. Dr Eric Dowker and myself have been hard at work developing a new polarizer that will make me feel 30 years younger." Initial tests have proved to be inconclusive.

Brock will test the car in the coming months to see if he can get anywhere near the pace required.

More details including livery will be released in the forthcoming weeks.

Name: TOOHEYS RACING
Sponsor(s): Tooheys, Qantas, Nautica, Mobil
Drivers:
#2 MARK SKAIFE
#23 CAMERON McCONVILLE
Manufacturer: HOLDEN
Old 19 Feb 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1230000)   #65
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team OzEsnail aim for top 32 finish in 2005!

Well, after sacking our finance people for being unable to add up, we have regrouped and have a new sponsor too.

Team OzEsnail Racing are looking at running a top team this year, following out title sponsors theme of speed speed and.... zzzzzzzz speed.

Team Name: Team OzEsnail Racing
Sponsors: OzEmail, SuperCheap Auto, K-Mart
Drivers:
#12 Craig Lowndes
#21 Glen Seton

Engines: Supplied by FPR - cheap deal too!
Test Track: Pacific Motorway (please watch for oil from exploding engines whilst touring our 'test facilities')

Our title sponsor has spent a lot of money on helping us with out performance this year, as you can tell by their promanent display position on the car. They feel that the tail sums up where they want to be this year...

Thanks, OzEsnail!

Old 19 Feb 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1230024)   #66
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Your Name Here puts its name here

In motorsport, parity is often a dirty word. Mess around with a few letters, and you get parody. Mess around with them even more and you get diarrhea, which is (if nothing else) proof that parity really is a dirty word.

It’s an old adage, but a good one. It’s also on that Team Your Name Here, Australia’s sort-of newish V8 Supercar team, will be looking to uphold when it makes its racing debut in the 2005 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship.

The team, brain-child of no-one you’d know, will feature the driving and musical stylings of Cameron McConville, Jason Richards and Steve Owen. The team has opted for the radical option of converting EB Falcons into Holden VY Commodores, taking project blueprint to a whole new level.

“It’s going well,” said team co-owner, Mike Hammond. “We got the letterheads back from the printing place the other week – I trust the rest of the stuff that needs to happen will be easy by comparison and will sort it self out nicely.

“It’ll be a tough year; we are under no illusions, optical or otherwise. I’d be lying if I said they were the first drivers we had on our list, but Cameron, Jason and Steve will be great for the team, and we are very much looking forward to working with them during the year.”

According to Hammond, though, if better drivers come onto the market, they will be out for 2006.

“If better drivers come onto the market, they will be out for 2006,” he mimed.

Full sponsorship arrangements, including the team’s livery will no doubt find their way onto the backs of trucks and computer screens numerous times between now and the team’s launch, currently scheduled for late February.

“At this stage, we plan on unvieling the cars before the AGP. We might even unveil them on the same day at the same place, to save the media a trip – it’s quite a hike down here.”

The team has promised an all new livery, showcasing the team’s diverse range of blue chip partners. Further sponsorship opportunities exist with the series’ most symmetrical team.

“The Team Your Name Here work experience kids are working on the livery as I speak,” said a team spokeshuman.

Last edited by mitchie; 19 Feb 2005 at 09:51.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1230042)   #67
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rocket racing is back for another attempt at the Ten-Tenths V8Supercar Fantasy Championship. we hope to improve on last years position of around 40th

Name: ROCKET RACING
Sponsor(s): TBA
Drivers:
GREG RITTER
STEVE ELLERY
ANDREW JONES
Manufacturer: BA FALCON
Old 19 Feb 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1230070)   #68
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cliche Motorsport
Press Release

Cliche Motorsport has conducted their first unofficial test for the year at their secret woomera base in SA. Attended by a close circle of motorsport journo's and long range snipers looking for any stray v8 fantasy championship officials, the team was able to launch their 2005 livery.

Standing proudly beside their new racer, Jason Bargwanna and Craig Lowndes commented on the basic color scheme with " a winning car looks good no matter what color the car is". Whilst new team mascot Groundskeeper Willie commented " there's na a V8 supercar alive that can out run a greased up scotsman"

Craig and Jason took some time out from testing to pose for some photos next to each other today for the first time. Bargs thrilled to be working with a driver with the same passion and commitment of Lowndes.

Without further stalling for time here for the first time possibly ever in the world but not really is the Red Bull Cliche Motorsport BA V8 Supercar

Old 19 Feb 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1230190)   #69
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lot are unbelievable, these are fantastic, you have such brilliant imaginations (or just way to much time on your hands)
The pics are excellent, well done, keep them coming
Old 19 Feb 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1230411)   #70
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Midnight Spares Racing Returns for 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having scoured the padocks for new machinery, the team has secured 4 BA falcons with various liveries to run in this years championship........we have also sucked 4 drivers in to contract which we shall attempts to honour by the end of the season.

The vital stats:

Drivers:
Steve Ellery, Greg Ritter, Steve Owen, Matt White
Sponsors: (who actually havent paid a cent so far but will be approached if we get them on the TV enough during the season)
VIP Pet food, Shell, Thexton.com.au, Ozemail, Telsra Big Pond, VB, Audi

The team hopes to provide great delight at each meeting by hiring skanky grid girls....just watch for pick pockets.........we need to fund the team some how!

Team Manager:

Mick Legend
Old 19 Feb 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1230451)   #71
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Advantage Racing announce Sponsors and driver lineup for 2005

2005 will echo the start of a new era for Advantage Racing, and we're looking forward to it very much. We have got the drivers, cars and backing to get this car at the pointy end of the field.

THE SPONSORS
For the first time in their one year history Advantage Racing will have naming rights sponsors, not just one but two, with Crazy Johns and Bosch jumping on board to form what will now be known as Crazy Johns - Bosch Racing. Team Manager Max Lynch has stated "I'm pleased with all the sponsors we got this season, not just Crazy Johns and Bosch but also all our subsiderary sponsors. I believe the Crazy Johns and Bpsch partnership wil give us the edge to beat our competitors

THE DRIVERS
Last years number 1 driver for the team Greg Murphy will retain his spot in the team, but he will be joined by two of motorsports rising stars in Will Davison and Andrew Jones. Will Davison has returned to Australia from competing in single seaters in europe making some good progress only to be halted by a lack of money, while Andrew Jones has spent many years in the V8 Lites feeder series and finally believes he can cut with the "big boys"

THE CARS
The team has been given brand new chasis, engine and other equipment for construction on their new VZ Commodores, which they are constructing at the team's factory in Archerfield. The cars won't be ready till the first round of the series, with the team having to revert to last years cars for the practice event at the Australian GP.

Team Name: Crazy Johns - Bosch Racing
Drivers: 28. Greg Murphy
29. Andrew Jones
92. Will Davison
Cars: 3 Holden VZ Commodors
Sponsors: Crazy Johns, Bosch (Major Sponsors), Zupps, Cougar Bourbon, Motorola, Armorall, Bridgestone, Mobil, James Boags Premium Lager, Dicey Riley's (Subsiderary Sponsors)

Last edited by TBMATT05; 19 Feb 2005 at 23:57.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1230458)   #72
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(two new sponsors added, delete previous post)

Advantage Racing announce Sponsors and driver lineup for 2005

2005 will echo the start of a new era for Advantage Racing, and we're looking forward to it very much. We have got the drivers, cars and backing to get this car at the pointy end of the field.

THE SPONSORS
For the first time in their one year history Advantage Racing will have naming rights sponsors, not just one but two, with Crazy Johns and Bosch jumping on board to form what will now be known as Crazy Johns - Bosch Racing. Team Manager Max Lynch has stated "I'm pleased with all the sponsors we got this season, not just Crazy Johns and Bosch but also all our subsiderary sponsors. I believe the Crazy Johns and Bosch partnership will give us the edge to beat our competitors

THE DRIVERS
Last years number 1 driver for the team Greg Murphy will retain his spot in the team, but he will be joined by two of motorsports rising stars in Will Davison and Andrew Jones. Will Davison has returned to Australia from competing in single seaters in europe making some good progress only to be halted by a lack of money, while Andrew Jones has spent many years in the V8 Lites feeder series and finally believes he can cut with the "big boys"

THE CARS
The team has been given brand new chasis, engine and other equipment for construction on their new VZ Commodores, which they are constructing at the team's factory in Archerfield. The cars won't be ready till the first round of the series, with the team having to revert to last years cars for the practice event at the Australian GP.

Team Name: Crazy Johns - Bosch Racing
Drivers: 28. Greg Murphy
29. Andrew Jones
92. Will Davison
Cars: 3 Holden VZ Commodors
Sponsors: Crazy Johns, Bosch (Major Sponsors), Zupps, Cougar Bourbon, Motorola, Armorall, Bridgestone, Mobil, James Boags Premium Lager, Dicey Riley's, Powderfinger and Bogue Living (Subsiderary Sponsors)

Last edited by TBMATT05; 20 Feb 2005 at 00:12.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1230462)   #73
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
You lot are unbelievable, these are fantastic, you have such brilliant imaginations (or just way to much time on your hands)
The pics are excellent, well done, keep them coming
I am actually enjoying it, and uni hasn't really started yet so I have a bit of time to kill....and I've got more to come....let the propaganda proliferation begin!
Old 20 Feb 2005, 04:28 (Ref:1230512)   #74
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Virgin Racing Team would like to unveil their 2005 Holden Commodore which will be campaigned by mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes.

Old 20 Feb 2005, 05:23 (Ref:1230522)   #75
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
In the continued 'BA Falcon-style' drip feed....

PRESS RELEASE - 20 FEBRUARY 2005

433 MOTORSPORT LAUNCH OFFICIAL WEBSITE

433 Motorsport today officially launch their website, which has been created in association with team sponsors 433:design and HRT433.com. The will become the one stop source for all deatils about the team and their progress through the 2005 Championship.

Along with all press releases and team images, there will also be driver profiles, car specs, and team details, all to be added in the weeks leading up to the start of the Adelaide round. Round summaries will be posted following the conclusion of each round.

Today also sees the launch of the teams newly aquired transporter. It has been decked out in the same stunning colour scheme as the race cars. A further two transporters, one for merchandise and the other housing the 'XBox Fun House' will be ready before the first round in March.

Click image below for full view:

For further details see the team new website: 433 Motorsport