Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Mar 2000, 08:13 (Ref:14224)   #1
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for something to do on a non-F1 Sunday? Can't wait for the BTCC season to start? If you're looking for that bit of extra motorsport excitment, pop along to Mallory Park this Sunday and cheer on our very own Peter Mallett. In addition to Peter's Capri there will be a wide variety of cars racing, including sports saloons, FF2000, classic saloons, historic touring saloons, MGs and Caterhams, so if you have a soft spot for Morris Minors, Austin A35s, Ford Mustangs, Mk2 Jaguars, Lotus Cortinas, MGs etc, etc, come along and enjoy the action! I can say from personal experience that it is a unique oportunity to see not only a huge variety of machinery, including some truly spectacular classics, but very close, clean racing. Entry is a measly £9, and the track is oe of the best for being able to see all the action from virtually anywhere. For more info see www.mallorypark.co.uk

If anyone fancies coming along, let me know or reply to this post and we can arrange to meet up. Plans are afoot to create a Mallett fan club, complete with inflatable hammers
Old 27 Mar 2000, 09:29 (Ref:14225)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Count me in, Maisie.

Mallory is the one circuit in the country I've not been to so far. (Not counting Pembrey or Knockhill coz they're in foreign lands).

Not sure Bluebottle will be there, because he was last seen preparing his mechanical menagerie for the show season, and there's a kitcar show down in Kent next weekend.

But I'll be cheering for the Mallett with the best of them.

See you there!
Old 27 Mar 2000, 14:50 (Ref:14226)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can get medication for it you know!!!

I am currently thumbing through my book of excuses for this weekend's failure to finish higher than tenth. I thought the blown headgaskets one was particularly successful but I can't use that again for another month

See y'all there.
Old 4 Apr 2000, 19:29 (Ref:14227)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just thought I'd bring this to the top of the pile again.

So that I can gloat at all the people who didn't come to Mallory Park.

I can't remember when I had such an enjoyable day's racing. Most of the events had colossal nose-to-tail battles for the lead throughout, the weather was good to us, considering it was the start of April, and Mallory is a terrific spectator circuit.

And of course there was the splendid company of Maisie and the gang, and of course Peter Mallett and his team.

And Peter's just getting better and better. Two places higher than last time out. Peter, you'll be in the points next time if you keep this up.
Old 4 Apr 2000, 19:39 (Ref:14228)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er.

I was in the points. 4th in class.

Got to sort my first lap lack of aggression out and I won't have the early loss of position to worry about any more. Must be getting old cos I never used to have that prob. Anyway. It was an excellent days racing, but I think I would have been better in the wet, but hey ho.

We go to Brands in mid-May (12th and 13th) and I was thinking that as its a 2 day meeting we might have a bit of a paddock party after practice on the Saturday evening. I've got a small garden gazebo thingy, a gas fridge and a bar-b-q. Any thoughts people?

Course it depends on me surviving Cadwell on the 16th April.
Old 4 Apr 2000, 19:55 (Ref:14229)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
D'oh!

I forgot about class standings!

Congratulations Peter. You made for some great entertainment on Sunday, especially that dice with that indecently quick Mini.

I'll be wishing you well for Cadwell Park, but I'm afraid I have another engagement that day - namely Donington.

But the get-together at Brands sounds a grand idea.

How about it, people?
Old 4 Apr 2000, 20:01 (Ref:14230)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry Peter - have an appointment to keep with Silverstone that weekend...
Old 5 Apr 2000, 10:03 (Ref:14231)   #8
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I gloat too? The whole day was fantastic from start to finish. Just about every race was hotly contested and packed with close racing and overtaking. The mix of machinery was also breathtakingly good - 4 fully liveried identical Mk2 Jaguars, 4 identical Lotus Cortinas in white with Goodwood green stripe.... etc, etc. And one day I will take that little white A35 home with me

Congrats Peter on a splendid race, even if you did overdo the rain dancing a little Next time, try to restrict the rain you ask for to the race, and not for the next 2 days!

Now, as far as Brands goes ... Erm... for a start I think you mean 13th - 14th May I've got an RC committment on the Sunday at Ashby, but if there's racing going on on the Saturday at Brands I'll see what I can do about persuading Chris to come along. Any chance of some more details on times?

Hope to see you there, and anyone who's never been to one of these events, it really is worth it!!

[This message has been edited by Maisie (edited 05 April 2000).]
Old 5 Apr 2000, 12:01 (Ref:14232)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig Antill:
Sorry Peter - have an appointment to keep with Silverstone that weekend... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would go and watch the ALMS series as well if I nweren't racing. Enjoy.

Maisie.

It looks like practice on Saturday and Racing on Sunday.