Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Apr 2004, 16:24 (Ref:946844)   #1
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayrton Senna tribute DVD

I've heard that there is one being released, if that's true, when is it being released?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Apr 2004 at 20:00.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 17:12 (Ref:946884)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
May 1st?
Old 21 Apr 2004, 17:21 (Ref:946895)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd suggest that'd be a good guess yeah .

Oversteer, I bet if you ask Ayse nicely he'll sort out that typo for you .
Old 21 Apr 2004, 20:00 (Ref:947058)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No sooner said than done (well, noticed, anyway...... )
Old 21 Apr 2004, 20:14 (Ref:947076)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Talking of this DVD actually, they showed what would appear to be an extract from it on that abysmal 'Speed Sunday' and worringly it didn't seem to have any race footage. While, Prost, Hill and Berger were talking about Donington '93 all that we saw was still photo's of the MP4/8 in the wet. I really hope this isn't the case as it will make it pretty much worthless to me. Senna was the worlds greatest ever racing driver - I want footage of him racing!
Old 22 Apr 2004, 12:41 (Ref:947813)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No race footage? That's absolutely absurd.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 13:15 (Ref:947850)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They might as well show some footage of Rex Hunt's Fishing Adventures as race footage then, would be more interesting than some pics...
Old 22 Apr 2004, 15:27 (Ref:947985)   #8
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't realise that I made any mistakes in that post, I did it in a hurry, but I just wanted to confirm what I heard. Well i've seen an Advert for it in Autosport or the Grandprix legends catalogue included, thanks anyway...

I'd imagine with it being a DVD, it'll have technical details of him Championship winning cars and some race footage, but only time will tell.
Old 24 Apr 2004, 15:14 (Ref:950182)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just Aryton instead of Ayrton......
Old 25 Apr 2004, 07:56 (Ref:950649)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
you can find out details of the DVD at www.senna.tv its official release date was April 22nd its a 2cd set and looks interesting allthough the above statement about being no race footage is worrying.

Im currently in the process of talking my girlfriend into buying it for me for my birthday next month
Old 30 Apr 2004, 10:42 (Ref:956659)   #11
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the DVD yesterday. It's ok, but a little disappointing - the rumours about the lack of race footage are unfortunately true.

The main new section on the first disc - "Right to Win" is a 52 min documentary, and I think the only footage is from a Williams test in 83, and another Williams test in 94.

I was really hoping for some great race footage (ie: Donington 93, qualifying at Adelaide in the Lotus, etc) and sadly it is missing.

I can only assume that the makers of the DVD were unwilling to pay Bernie enough to use race footage.

Not trying to sell the DVD short or anything, the second disc has the "Racing is in My Blood" documentary, which most have probably seen already, and there are a couple of nice little extras.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:25 (Ref:956820)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm - that really does sound rather disappointing.

Has anyone got the "Senna and McLaren" video from many years back - that's quite good.

But the best is the full series of "Team McLaren", as broadcast on TV, regarding the 1993 season. Excellent stuff. I'm pleased to say I have it on taoe and watch it every 3-4 months.......
Old 30 Apr 2004, 14:39 (Ref:956988)   #13
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only they'd gotten the best bits of race footage for the tribute DVD.

If they had they could name their price.....

Anyone know of a DVD that has the stuff that's missing from the tribute (ie; good Senna race footage) ?
Old 30 Apr 2004, 15:13 (Ref:957028)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got the tape 'A Star Named Senna', it's pretty good.
Can't remember if there was much race footage on it though, i think i'll be watching it again tonight.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 19:22 (Ref:957255)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
A star named Ayrton Senna is a superb tribute and contains loads of great race footage. Looks like I'll be giving this DVD a miss then unfortunately. They really have missed a trick with this one.

I've got the above mentioned tape as well as "racing is in my blood" so I'll content myself with those I think.

Incidently, this week I finally got hold of the much delayed "The Life of Senna" book by Tom Rubython. I've only read the first couple of chapters but it looks to like it's going to be a superb read, and at some 700 pages in length, hugely detailed.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 20:56 (Ref:957323)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I ordered this off of Amazon but got as note today saying it was out of stock and they didn't know when it would be available again. Any suggestions where I might be able to order at similar on-line price for 'from stock' delivery?
Old 4 May 2004, 11:33 (Ref:960262)   #17
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Hmmm - that really does sound rather disappointing.

Has anyone got the "Senna and McLaren" video from many years back - that's quite good.
I've got that one and it's predecessor, the 1989 version with Prost and Senna at McLaren and that's good too.

Judging by the comments about the new DVD, I'm glad I'ce got "A Star Named Ayrton Senna" and "Racing is in My Blood" the videos. I'll probably get the DVDs though.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 4 May 2004, 11:44 (Ref:960280)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's extend this thread a little (title-wise, anyway).....
Old 4 May 2004, 16:44 (Ref:960565)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a clip of this DVD on Eurosport the other day. Not a single moment of footage (bar a five second onboard clip of Senna lapping Estoril in the Williams pre-season), although the interviews were interesting. Nothing I haven't heard or read before however. I'll give this one a miss!
Old 4 May 2004, 17:18 (Ref:960607)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It really does seem to be an almost unforgiveable missed opportunity to give the millions of Senna fans worldwide some decent racing footage - after all, we didn't become fans of the guy because of his great interviews, did we.....?
Old 4 May 2004, 17:21 (Ref:960611)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
BTW, on checking, I have the following vids:-

Ayrton Senna - Racing is in my Blood Duke 1992

A Star Named Ayrton Senna Duke 1996

Inside Track - Senna and McLaren Watershed 1991

Plus Team McLaren the TV series.
Old 4 May 2004, 17:41 (Ref:960654)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've only got "A star named.....". It's enjoyable enough, although the density of foreign interviews can be irritating. Despite this, it's a masterpiece.
Old 5 May 2004, 10:38 (Ref:961322)   #23
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
It really does seem to be an almost unforgiveable missed opportunity to give the millions of Senna fans worldwide some decent racing footage - after all, we didn't become fans of the guy because of his great interviews, did we.....?
Just keep the season reviews, especially the WDCs plus 1989 and 1993 and the other 2 or 3 videos mentioned. His interviews were interesting enough to interest some unconverted types but the driving does the best talking.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 May 2004, 08:56 (Ref:966243)   #24
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sculpture by Peter Close. Copies may well be available at the Donnington Collection in the near future. I believe that Tom Wheatcroft asked Pete to do this especially for the collection.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
cropped senna.jpg  
Old 31 Jul 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1052651)   #25
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if the Tom Rubython book is any good. Or is he still a Hack.