Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3111002)   #101
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would bet any GP promoter would love to have the contracts that track owners have in NASCAR where they 65% of TV revenue plus ticket sales.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...usiness-model/

The NASCAR business model is about as different as chalk & cheese to F1. It does however allow all involved to make some money unlike F1 where CVC pulls in massive revenue while the promoters cannot make events pay.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3111142)   #102
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I would bet any GP promoter would love to have the contracts that track owners have in NASCAR where they 65% of TV revenue plus ticket sales.

The NASCAR business model is about as different as chalk & cheese to F1. It does however allow all involved to make some money unlike F1 where CVC pulls in massive revenue while the promoters cannot make events pay.

Well said. Gee, thanks Bernie.
Old 25 Jul 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3111247)   #103
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Should this part of their business model be looked at to possibly be applied to F1? Yes

Will this part of their business model be looked at to possibly be applied to F1? Not for a long time, sadly

As long as it's making Bernie and his friends lots of money and people still show up to their races in large numbers like at Silverstone despite them charging expensive prices then it won't change. The only way a promoter can profit in F1 is if he raises his prices, lots of people show in the six-figures up like at Silverstone or Monza or they get significant government funding, and as we've seen so much in North America with the government funded racing model of CCWS and now Indycar, races can become very unstable.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3115524)   #104
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A GP in Greece with Greek Government (European Central Bank) support????

http://www.pitpass.com/47044-Meanwhile-in-Greece

Madness.

Or is somebody taking the michael?
Old 3 Aug 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3115528)   #105
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it is pitpass...
Old 13 Sep 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3135625)   #106
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
A future French GP is back on the agenda with both Magny Cours and Paul Ricard putting proposals together.
Both are using backing from regional sources and are planning to alternate, but not with each other!

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...odds-and-ends/
Old 14 Sep 2012, 04:39 (Ref:3135741)   #107
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Thanks woldhound, Saward has some excellent advice, it will not be taken until there is a breakaway series like the one that nearly got up 2 years ago, but the new engine rules may just provide the spark.
It is totally mad that so little of the money generated is put back into the sport.

F1 sounds like the model for the Global Economic Crisis.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3135887)   #108
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A future French GP is back on the agenda with both Magny Cours and Paul Ricard putting proposals together.
Both are using backing from regional sources and are planning to alternate, but not with each other!

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...odds-and-ends/
Sounds interesting, Bernie...
Old 11 Oct 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3150046)   #109
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Looks like there is somebody in Greece wants a GP.

http://www.pitpass.com/47572-A-rebuttal-from-Greece

The circuit seems to follow the recent street circuit of being in a harbour area but also goes through a park and appears to have an underground section. If it runs clockwise passing could be difficult, with only one potential passing point if it runs anticlock.

Do they have the monet to do it? I do not recall Greece as being a place with a circuit racing history.

Bernie will probably use it as a bargaining tool to get more money from some other circuit/promoter.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3150395)   #110
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Looks like there is somebody in Greece wants a GP.

http://www.pitpass.com/47572-A-rebuttal-from-Greece

The circuit seems to follow the recent street circuit of being in a harbour area but also goes through a park and appears to have an underground section. If it runs clockwise passing could be difficult, with only one potential passing point if it runs anticlock.

Do they have the monet to do it? I do not recall Greece as being a place with a circuit racing history.

Bernie will probably use it as a bargaining tool to get more money from some other circuit/promoter.
Having a Monet is one thing, but it depends how much it fetches at Sothebys.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3150575)   #111
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Having a Monet is one thing, but it depends how much it fetches at Sothebys.
that took me a while to figure out but when i did!...
Old 13 Oct 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3150780)   #112
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
that took me a while to figure out but when i did!...
Anything to please our colonial cousins
Old 18 Oct 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3153949)   #113
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Thailand is pushing for a GP according to reports in the recent past based on a street circuit in Bangkok. It will have some Government financial backing with the rest coming from commercial sources (thought to be Red Bull).

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...k-in-thailand/

However nothing is signed yet so we will have to wait and see if it happens.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3154007)   #114
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, In my dream, there are too many GP but still...

1. Albert Park
2. Sepang
3. Shanghai
4. Fuji
5. Portimao
6. Barcelona/Valencia
7. Monaco
8. Imola
9. RB-Ring
10. Brno
11. Montreal/Mont Tremblant
12. Indianapolis/New Jersey
13. Mexico City/Monterrey
14. Silverstone
15. Magny Cours
16. Spa
17. Zandvoort
18. Nurburgring/Hockenheim
19. Hungaroring
20. Monza
21. Istanbul
22. Dubai
23. Abu Dhabi
24. India
25. Adelaide/Surfers Paradise
26. Singapore
27. Suzuka
28. Kyalami
29. Buenos Aires
30. Interlagos

***/*** = Alternations.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3154222)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That Navarra circuit's bloody good too, from what I say of the BES?

In fact, the Spanish GP should move to Aragon and let's have an Iberian race at Navarra!
Old 19 Oct 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3154488)   #116
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
My fantasy schedule...

Albert Park
Sepang International Circuit
Shanghai International Circuit
Bahrain International Circuit
Valencia Street Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya
Circuit Paul Ricard
Circuit de Monaco
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Silverstone Circuit
Nurburgring
Hungaroring
Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit
Marrakesh Street Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Sochi Olympic Park Circuit
Marina Bay Street Circuit
Korea International Circuit
Suzuka Circuit
Buddh International Circuit
Yas Marina Circuit
Circuit of the Americas
Mar del Plata Street Circuit
Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
Old 28 Oct 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3158920)   #117
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
A French GP looks very likely for next year according to Bernie. It just a question of which circuit. It would slot in before the British GP with New Jersey gone.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103816

Here's hopeing it happens but it will come down to $$$$$..... no doubt.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3159188)   #118
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not a fan of either Magny Cours or Paul Ricard. Come to think of it, France really struggles for decent race tracks other than Le Mans / Dijon. I'd rather see it at Nogaro, at least that place has a bit of character.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3159242)   #119
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
I know the ACO do not want the French GP but does Le Mans have a FIA grade 1 licence, as only GP tracks need it to the best of my knowledge.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3159446)   #120
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'm not a fan of either Magny Cours or Paul Ricard. Come to think of it, France really struggles for decent race tracks other than Le Mans / Dijon. I'd rather see it at Nogaro, at least that place has a bit of character.
Wow bring back Rheims or Clermont Ferrand eh?!!!
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3165612)   #121
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Rio de Janeiro wants to get a GP according to their mayor. There is a plan to build a new track in a park that is to be developed on an old military site.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/186033/..._race_bid.html

Bernie will love the idea no doubt so that he can get more fees from a Brazilian race by some hard bargaining.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3165616)   #122
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rio de Janeiro wants to get a GP according to their mayor. There is a plan to build a new track in a park that is to be developed on an old military site.

Bernie will love the idea no doubt so that he can get more fees from a Brazilian race by some hard bargaining.
They want it but they won't get it.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 02:36 (Ref:3165727)   #123
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
They want it but they won't get it.
Anyway Interlagos is just brilliant...
Old 13 Nov 2012, 02:38 (Ref:3165728)   #124
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to "pull a Sochi" and combine it with an Olympic venue?

One of my main goals in life... induct motorsports into the Summer Olympics.

Old 13 Nov 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3165865)   #125
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Rio is always blah-blah-blah... They said they would make Jacarepagua better than ever, and they destroy it completely. Now they promise, and promises are things they do so well, a new track built from scratch. Ask the racing community there and you'll know the hard truth. It's only excuses for spending more money with over-billed constructions and then they leave them with no support to keep them operational. That's what happened to Jacarepagua after the Pan-American olympics, and now they come with "new" projects... BS.