Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Nov 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3334047)   #1
Torston
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Torston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which Hillclimb?

I am putting together a video from old 8mm films of various Hillclimbs. Some of the footage includes Foleys Hill from 1947 - and there is one venue that I cannot identify. Could somebody please check out YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__iV7iicCrI and advise what Hillclimb it is?
Old 20 Nov 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3334475)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
A nostalgia forum question with those Australians!

Looks like Australia .

Rob Roy or something.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3334569)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not Rob Roy, I don't think. Possibly Collingrove although if it is all the trees have gone.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3334689)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I have no idea, but all of the cars are British, with the possible exception of one 'special'. Must tell us something, could it be in Scotland?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3334733)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I thought the Aussy type number plates were a bit of a clue?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3334746)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, John, but you have to remember that Bob is even older than you! Pretty likely to be an Aussie event given all the clues. Looked like a Holden parked at the bottom of the hill.
Old 29 Nov 2013, 05:45 (Ref:3338022)   #7
gossie
Rookie

gossie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not Collingrove South Australia as it's does not seem the same as when I last ran there in 1988. It was far more open without the trees as such.

It's neither Rob Roy or Templestowe either as I knew those climbs well and particularly loved Templestowe.......I did the last one ever FWIW if you care.
Not Morwell or Canberra.

I don't recognize the climb in the vid. but I would suggest it's in NSW as the cars have yellow NSW plates on them.

Well that's my guess, and it's a great video.......I like it. Thanks for posting.