Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jan 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3794131)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
2018 Springbok Tour

I am off out to South Africa Tuesday evening. Swartcops near Johannesburg next weekend then we fly down to Cape Town and race at Killarney the following weekend.
This year I have stuck a car"my Lotus 22" in container for me to have a play. I've only got an E Type to prep and another FJ car so I am hoping for some Delta fun time.
Mrs Delta is joining me for second weekend so I am going to have to behave. We stay in the Blue Peter Hotel at Cape Town which is right by the sea. All the locals do that kite surfing and I would love to have a go.
So 32 degrees here we come.
Old 21 Jan 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3794141)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Go well Iain :-)
Old 21 Jan 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3794142)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, hope you (and of course Mrs Delta) have a fantastic trip, and go well!

Anyone wanting to research the first circuit i think it’s spelled Zwartkops
Old 22 Jan 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3794285)   #4
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I am off out to South Africa Tuesday evening. Swartcops near Johannesburg next weekend then we fly down to Cape Town and race at Killarney the following weekend.
This year I have stuck a car"my Lotus 22" in container for me to have a play. I've only got an E Type to prep and another FJ car so I am hoping for some Delta fun time.
Mrs Delta is joining me for second weekend so I am going to have to behave. We stay in the Blue Peter Hotel at Cape Town which is right by the sea. All the locals do that kite surfing and I would love to have a go.
A number of the Dutch boys take their Yank V8s down for the two weekends
Old 22 Jan 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3794289)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I am off out to South Africa Tuesday evening. ...
... Mrs Delta is joining me for second weekend so I am going to have to behave. We stay in the Blue Peter Hotel at Cape Town which is right by the sea. All the locals do that kite surfing and I would love to have a go.
I can recommend the cable car trip up to the top of table mountain Iain.
Safe, successful and happy trip to you and Mrs D.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3794316)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Here’s a link to the event info for Zwartkops. The guests get a mention further down the page.....

https://www.zwartkops.co.za/high-oct...-january-2018/
Old 22 Jan 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3794369)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I can recommend the cable car trip up to the top of table mountain Iain.
Safe, successful and happy trip to you and Mrs D.
Cable car? - wimp!
Up at 6:00 am and walk it in the cooler part of the morning. Early lunch at the top then cable car down. Cautionary note - Mrs Delta may not enjoy it as much as you...
Old 23 Jan 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3794599)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
At Heathrow having a few beers 😀
Old 23 Jan 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3794600)   #9
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I'm sure they will have a good crack at it.

I have put the date on my Calendar.
Just realised that it's already the Tuesday that Iain departs for SA.

Bon Voyage!

Have a fun, safe trip and don't take any stick from your team manager during the second weekend!
Old 23 Jan 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3794606)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah yes will do .
Old 24 Jan 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3794768)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Arrived this morning and all the cars have traveled well over winter to get here . We spent this afternoon checking and prepping ready for some testing tomorrow . That’s all for the moment I am sure there will be more to tell tomorrow after they hit the track .
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3794773)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best of luck Iain for a niggle free test session.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3794871)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I hope it all goes well for you.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3794989)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, I hope it all goes well for you.
Thanks for best wishes . Cars are running well . I have coughing and spluttering coming out of slow corners . Just altered float level . I do have plastic floats in the carbs . Do you think I should be using brass floats . I can get some shipped out . Cheers . Btw it’s very hot .😀
Old 25 Jan 2018, 17:12 (Ref:3795018)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks for best wishes . Cars are running well . I have coughing and spluttering coming out of slow corners . Just altered float level . I do have plastic floats in the carbs . Do you think I should be using brass floats . I can get some shipped out . Cheers . Btw it’s very hot .😀
There a joke in there but I’ll abstain.....

Have you always used those floats, or is the carb spec different to previous races? Alternatively, could it be heat related?
Old 25 Jan 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3795021)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes mike I have always had this issue with this car . The Lola I drive is perfect
Old 25 Jan 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3795042)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ah, not new problem then.... Brass floats worth a try if you can get access to some.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3795046)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Forgot to mention David Piper came across garage and helped me put my belts on . I then had forgot my bit of foam I use behind my back and I had to send him off to tool box to get it . Awsum .
Old 25 Jan 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3795058)   #19
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for best wishes . Cars are running well . I have coughing and spluttering coming out of slow corners . Just altered float level . I do have plastic floats in the carbs . Do you think I should be using brass floats . I can get some shipped out . Cheers . Btw it’s very hot .��
Used to have that problem with the Clan in hot weather. Cure was to reduce the choke size, in my case 32 to 30, and the main jet by 5. I'd stick to the plastic floats and ensure level is as spec.

Tyres collected yesterday,

Pete Richards
Old 26 Jan 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3795290)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Went down on main jets and had a play with float level . Running much better . I’m still couple of seconds off front runners but getting quicker every time I go out . Think I qualified 12 th today . Race at 8.30 tomorrow . That’s 6.30 your time .,Drivers briefing went on and on and on . I managed to slide out under the table and escaped . Having lots of fun the locals are loving the Loths 22 . E Type I am running is going well so everyone is appy.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3795382)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You know every now and then you can have a great race . Yep I just have . Poori g with rain . Started P16 finished P6 with quickest FJ Lap . And I had a spin . Great fun .
Old 27 Jan 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3795388)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
You know every now and then you can have a great race . Yep I just have . Poori g with rain . Started P16 finished P6 with quickest FJ Lap . And I had a spin . Great fun .

Hopefully that rain will ease the drout......
Old 27 Jan 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3795398)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Iain.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3795420)   #24
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done Iain.

If you see David Piper (the 917 link)again please give him my regards, and should you see a dark green Lola T70Mk3B and its owner Pim Pieterse, do wish him a happy birthday and also my regards. Thankyou.

Keep it on the black stuff.

Graham Turner.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3795446)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Well done Iain.

If you see David Piper (the 917 link)again please give him my regards, and should you see a dark green Lola T70Mk3B and its owner Pim Pieterse, do wish him a happy birthday and also my regards. Thankyou.

Keep it on the black stuff.

Graham Turner.
Just been having a drink with Liz and David . Somehow I got P2 and a award . Steak and beer coming up .