Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 11 Mar 2018, 02:33 (Ref:3807303)   #1
PhoenixSuns
Rookie

PhoenixSuns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Racing Magazine in the USA?

Does anybody subscribe to F1 Racing magazine in the USA? If so, how long after the digital issue do the actual print copies arrive? In the stores they arrive 6-weeks after the fact, because they are shipped via ocean and still charge $12 (which is a massive ripoff for ocean freight). I would only pay the $70 if it's shipped by air in a timely fashion.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3807822)   #2
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I buy anywhere from 4 to 7 issues a year of F1 Racing since 2006 and one night in Austin (at the bar) I decided to subscribe since they had a USGP special. At the beginning it was great, they arrived within 10 days from the Netherlands of all places, but I didn't mind since it was fairly quick by air mail. After 5 or 6 months they started arriving 1 month late from Hungary, which was useless, since the ocean shipped issues sometimes beat mine. Why would an English magazine send their publications to Hungary before shipping them to the USA is beyond me? Suffice to say I was upset and complained and after 3-months they started sending me the magazines directly from the UK, but I still receive them from Hungary as well. Towards the end of last year all issues were shipped by air from the UK, and took 2-weeks. Now, i'm not sure what the deal is, since I still haven't received the March 2018 issue. I'm at the last 2-3 issues of my subscription, and will definitely not renew. I'll let you know when I receive it where it was shipped from, but I suspect they are back to driving the issue to Hungary for a grand tour of Europe to save a few $$$$ before putting it on the plane.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3807887)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haymarket, the previous owner of both F1 mag and Autosport, used to exactly the same thing for all overseas subscribers of Autosport years ago when I lived in Spain. They used to transport it to a distribution centre further East of where I lived, from where it was sent to Spain.

The net result was that my copy never arrived within the week of publication, and after a couple of complaints to Haymarket, they used to mail a copy directly from the UK to me which would arrive by the Saturday after publication at the latest. The second copy would be usually delivered weeks later, if at all sometimes.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3807984)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the curiosities of international shipping!

had similar experiences with both autosport , F1 racing, and Motor Sport having them delivered to Canada. tried the weekly/monthly subscription route but everything was at best coming a couple of weeks late, tried having my local bookstore order them for me and same thing.

then one day i was at my local airport on my way out of town, naturally with a copy of my late arriving previous month's issue of Motor Sport to read on the plane only to discover that at the airport they somehow had the current months issue for sale.

tried to talk to someone there about having them do my magazine ordering and obviously they looked at me like i was mental. in their defense i guess it was a pretty absurd thing to ask about!

finally signed up for the online versions which was ok but not great because i did miss the larger high glossy pictures as well as the simple joy of reading something that wont run out of power.

in the end i just stopped both the print and online versions all together. it wasnt a content issue but rather an availability one.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3808223)   #5
PhoenixSuns
Rookie

Exactly what I was afraid of. Shipping directly from England, the country of publication, would make it worthwhile. The Royal Mail is quite quick and so is the USPS. At $70, anything past 1-week doesn't make it worthwhile.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3809215)   #6
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's even worse now. F1 Racing magazine ships the issue to the USA by ocean freight to a distributor in NY. From there they are sent to magazine store, airports, Barnes and Nobles book store and now subscribers! That's right; you pay for air freight but get ocean and your issues don't arrive any quicker. Save your money and just buy the copies that interest you at Barnes & Nobles. Subscribing is a massive waste of money!!!!

My March 2018 issue arrived 35-days late.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5790.jpg  
Old 20 Mar 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3809480)   #7
PhoenixSuns
Rookie

Thanks so much! I don't see any reason for shelling out $70 for ocean freight.

I got my question answered. They are very vague on their website regarding the subscriptions and now I see the reason why.

Thanks again for saving me $70.
Old 8 May 2018, 02:10 (Ref:3820711)   #8
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States

It's a complete joke! F1 racing prints the magazines in the UK and put it on a slow lorry to Hungary, before it's air freighted to the USA. All this nonsense takes 28-days instead of 5 days by Royal Mail. All for saving a 1/2 quid....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6557.jpg  
Old 11 Dec 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3869475)   #9
vehicular
Rookie

vehicular should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone own the June 1999 cover with Jacques Villeneuve?

Hey all,

Trying to include this cover in our documentary and can't seem to find the publisher of the magazine. Did anyone own this and could help please?
Attached Thumbnails
JV.jpg  
Old 11 Dec 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3869523)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Check LAT, I guess.