Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3870024)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
PLUM PUDDING RACES

They’re on again, for anyone that wants to get some fresh air or escape from the family.....

https://www.malloryparkcircuit.com/e...pudding-races/
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3870031)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what's going to be featuring?
Old 14 Dec 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3870163)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Anyone know what's going to be featuring?
Two Saloon Car Races, two Sports Car races and half a dozen Bike Races.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3870171)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Two Saloon Car Races, two Sports Car races and half a dozen Bike Races.
Cheers. I was hoping someone that knows exactly what is programmed would post!

I’d add for Willmaz223 that it is usually a very relaxed and sociable meeting, as befits the day it takes place...
Old 14 Dec 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3870186)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Cheers. I was hoping someone that knows exactly what is programmed would post!

I’d add for Willmaz223 that it is usually a very relaxed and sociable meeting, as befits the day it takes place...
Here's the Timetable
Old 14 Dec 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3870252)   #6
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not relaxed the only one I ever did - got smashed into from behind TWICE. Never again - fixing the car to drive home afterwards took ages.

Last edited by tim dodwell; 14 Dec 2018 at 16:20. Reason: wrong words
Old 14 Dec 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3870262)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim dodwell View Post
Not relaxed the only one I ever did - got smashed into from behind TWICE. Never again - fixing the car to drive home afterwards took ages.
Sorry Tim. Obviously the organisers intent and competitors attitude don’t always match.....
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3870319)   #8
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou for the replies.Looks good.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3870341)   #9
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim dodwell View Post
Were you in a blue Volkswagen? If so I was near to your incident in both races, red Clan, and I believe you were hit by the same car both times. How I was not involved in the incidents, particularly the first time was down to luck more than skill.

I did enter the next year but was punted round at the hairpin on the first lap and left facing the traffic with no driver's door, Unfortunately there had been a number of entries withdrawn and my entry was deemed the first and such I started from pole! Like you I was not impressed and so have not been back.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 06:54 (Ref:3870415)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Oh dear. Sounds like my impression of the event is a bit rose tinted......
Old 15 Dec 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3870527)   #11
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
Were you in a blue Volkswagen? If so I was near to your incident in both races, red Clan, and I believe you were hit by the same car both times. How I was not involved in the incidents, particularly the first time was down to luck more than skill.

I did enter the next year but was punted round at the hairpin on the first lap and left facing the traffic with no driver's door, Unfortunately there had been a number of entries withdrawn and my entry was deemed the first and such I started from pole! Like you I was not impressed and so have not been back.
Yes - twas I in the blue Scirocco, but it was two different cars. Such a shame for both of us, as we were only out for a bit of fun (as probably most were. Don't know why some people do such things - perhaps too much vino on Christmas Day?
The on-boards of my incidents are on Utube.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3870551)   #12
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the second incident I think you were actually hit twice with the second hit being the car from the first incident. Having been very lucky in the first race I was initially very careful in the second and actually enjoyed the day. That's why I entered the following year.
Old 22 Dec 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3872029)   #13
Willmaz223
Veteran

Decent entry
Old 22 Dec 2018, 23:02 (Ref:3872037)   #14
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh Citroen C1 versus Audi TT spaceframe should be exciting

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Dec 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3872072)   #15
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperClan View Post
In the second incident I think you were actually hit twice with the second hit being the car from the first incident. Having been very lucky in the first race I was initially very careful in the second and actually enjoyed the day. That's why I entered the following year.
Was this the incident in question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D40408uFhw
Old 23 Dec 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3872105)   #16
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
That was the first I believe.

Pete Richards
Old 27 Dec 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3872665)   #17
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Warmer than the last couple of years but grey and damp yesterday. Nevertheless - a decent day. For a change this time parked above the Stebbe Straight and shot photos from Gerard's round to the Esses.

Saloon car gallery

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmy6Z1Lz

Sports Car gallery

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmy6K3yR

Bike gallery

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmt852E9
Old 27 Dec 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3872693)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for posting the photos David . Those bikers sure are brave .
Old 27 Dec 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3872697)   #19
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Was this the incident in question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D40408uFhw
That 1 was 19 years back! Was in 3rd at that point and saw it in my rear view mirror!
Old 28 Dec 2018, 07:22 (Ref:3872762)   #20
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Good day out, and a sizable and friendly crowd. But who was the selfish bloody dork who parked their grey Transit almost touching the fence on the inside of the Esses? It was unoccupied all day but blocked spectator access and ruined the view from a favourite spot as about 20 metres of spectator area couldn't see up towards Gerards. Bad enough with a line of cars parked there anyway but at least you can see over them.
Old 28 Dec 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3872780)   #21
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart H View Post
That 1 was 19 years back! Was in 3rd at that point and saw it in my rear view mirror!

19 years back?
Old 28 Dec 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3872790)   #22
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
19 years back?

Should of put 10 years!
Old 28 Dec 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3872867)   #23
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at this youtube clip it appears quite a lot of people, particularly someone in a black Peugeot ( ), had some difficulty with the concept of driving within the available grip........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQcN...Jpl3tNR6cn500U
Old 29 Dec 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3872979)   #24
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Looking at this youtube clip it appears quite a lot of people, particularly someone in a black Peugeot ( ), had some difficulty with the concept of driving within the available grip........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQcN...Jpl3tNR6cn500U
Superb video - thank you