Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Aug 2003, 04:59 (Ref:690104)   #1
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morris = Idiot

Bloody hell, was that the most moronic piece of driving or what?

First lap of a 111 lap race, he jumps the start, then proceeds to biff and bash his way into turn one. He must have made contact with other cars about five times... lucky everyone kept on track.

Very amatuerish driving, not something you'd expect from a veteran.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 05:55 (Ref:690114)   #2
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all fairness to Morris he wasn't on his own, i thought for a 111 lap race there was some pretty amatuerish driving all round on the early laps.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:35 (Ref:690124)   #3
The Impact
Rookie

The Impact should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, Paul Morris needs to learn to driver !

Anyway, he has made the championship lots closer with and without worst rounds !

Last edited by The Impact; 17 Aug 2003 at 07:36.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:35 (Ref:690126)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DNQ you should have attached a poll to this thread with the selectable options "yes" and "yes".
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:41 (Ref:690128)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I thought it was breathe of fresh air to see someone so desperate to be at the front.

yes it wasnt the best thing to do but hey made for some good TV.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:45 (Ref:690131)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too was amazed by how gung ho they were in the first laps. Besides getting a bit keen in the early laps, what about defending against someone who is trying to lap you?
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:46 (Ref:690132)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who won????
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:49 (Ref:690135)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
who else ?????

yes true Dave , I though it was crazy Morris blocking Skaife like that and Bowe was doing the same to Lowndes and apparently had him at the restart , allthough channel 10 did their best to miss that.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:03 (Ref:690144)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
Channel 10 do their best to miss every incident, it is usually only coincidence when they capture something on tape.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:10 (Ref:690147)   #10
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
Channel 10 do their best to miss every incident, it is usually only coincidence when they capture something on tape.
Here we go again, more whinging about Channel 10! Some people need to start making note of what they do have, rather than always harping on what they dont.

Lets see what happens if the V8's go to ANY other channel. I bet there would be no complaints about Channel 10's coverage then!!!
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:12 (Ref:690150)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Mr woods, er I mean Rossi.

However, just because you're beter than all of your opponents, and Ten are, doesn't mean you're doing a good job or the best you can.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:19 (Ref:690154)   #12
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
Sorry Mr woods, er I mean Rossi.

However, just because you're beter than all of your opponents, and Ten are, doesn't mean you're doing a good job or the best you can.
Well if if you are doing better than your opposition, then i fail to see how they arnt doing a good job.

What some of you have to realise however, is that if the sponsors do not get air time, then we do not see a race at all!

Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:25 (Ref:690159)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Good is good and bad is bad, regardless of what your opposition achieves.

If every restaurant in town gives their customers food poisoning two or three times a week and you open a restaurant that only gives it every second week, does that mean you have a good restaurant? No, of course you don't, you have a lousy restaurant, but it's still the best restaurant in town.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:31 (Ref:690163)   #14
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
Good is good and bad is bad, regardless of what your opposition achieves.

If every restaurant in town gives their customers food poisoning two or three times a week and you open a restaurant that only gives it every second week, does that mean you have a good restaurant? No, of course you don't, you have a lousy restaurant, but it's still the best restaurant in town.
Err, now your just being a tad unrealistic.

Channel 10 is doing a good job! There is always room for improvement, however those who just want to keep bashing them non stop should go watch some Channel 7 footage.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:33 (Ref:690165)   #15
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
The little pre recorded packages are nice, but not played in the middle of the race! Maybe the director of the broadcast was watching the footy on Ch 9!
Old 17 Aug 2003, 08:39 (Ref:690172)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Rossi, I was speaking metaphorically, surely, you can see my point?

Just because you're the best, doesn't mean you're good.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:01 (Ref:690177)   #17
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossi # 46
Err, now your just being a tad unrealistic.

Channel 10 is doing a good job! There is always room for improvement, however those who just want to keep bashing them non stop should go watch some Channel 7 footage.
Quality wise, channel 7's broadcasts was much better than channel 10.

The Channel 7 excuses are getting abit old after 7 years
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:24 (Ref:690196)   #18
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have mixed feelings here.
I agree that ten do miss many of the significant events in the race with their coverage, for example Ingall took Skaife at the start, then the next time we see him he's behind Skaife. The behind the scenes features that we get after a commercial drive me nuts as I'm trying to watch a race and I'd love it if they canned that feature of their telecasts. They could definitely do a better job with more cameras and a live telecast of the race but I suppose I'm being a little unrealistic in my demands.
Apart from that, I'm a big fan of the amount of air time devoted to motorsport by 10 and I doubt whether any of the other networks would have been as accomodating, due to their contracts with the cricket and rugby codes.
These days free to air has so much motorsport, I'm flat out trying to find the time to watch it all before the next race.

Now, back to Mr Morris and the first couple of laps.
The man IMO is a meathead.
While I love to see someone have a go, these tactics on the first and second corner were insane when you consider its lap 1 of 111. The paint swapping seemed way over the top and I was SO glad Marcus made it thru without getting pushed off at turn 2. He wasn't the only one and maybe they all need to cool down a little.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:31 (Ref:690200)   #19
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Rossi on this, C7 didn't give a **** about the touring car races except for the ratings friendly 1000.

C10 may not be perfect, but they have lifted motorsport and the V8's in particular to new heights in a far more competitive market.
All sports coverage will have times when they miss the action and there will always be someone wno complains about it.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 09:46 (Ref:690213)   #20
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
What you must remember is Channel 10 should do a better job than what channel 7 did as sports telecast have come a long way in that time, i just don't think 10 have raised the bar with motorsport coverage enough considering the technology available.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:11 (Ref:690232)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It depends what #10's excuses are for not showing the races live. I presume its a programming **** (although am concerned at the Bathurst scheduling, with the F1 at 4.45pm!!) so they can get rid of the dead space when someone is dominating, or safety car periods....

I was wondering whether it was to protect the promoter's income by assuring a crowd, but I bet OP had a record crowd today, so thats not the issue
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:16 (Ref:690237)   #22
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting off track here guys, Morris does equal idiot, or at least a very rich person who chose to drive like one today. Maybe the knowledge transfer is going the wrong way from the co-driver?
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:23 (Ref:690242)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where Morris was fighting for position, his lines were very wide. The attack on Canto was unnecessary, but the tyres were indeed shagged by then on the #29 car.

That the car pulled up dead short of the finish line seemed an interesting way to get around the black flagging of Morris for it
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:54 (Ref:690256)   #24
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think all the parties involved in that first lap stoush should band together and sue Morris - that'd teach him !
Old 17 Aug 2003, 10:55 (Ref:690257)   #25
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think all the parties involved in that first lap stoush should band together and sue Morris - that'd teach him !
Buckshot, you odviously dont realise how much money Morris has!
Closed Thread