Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the driver of the final Grand Prix in your opinion?
Lewis Hamilton 9 13.85%
Nico Rosberg 30 46.15%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 1.54%
Sebastian Vettel 13 20.00%
Max Verstappen 6 9.23%
Nico Hulkenberg 1 1.54%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 1 1.54%
Felipe Massa 2 3.08%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Jenson Button 1 1.54%
Esteban Gutiérrez 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Nov 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3691827)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Lewis for keeping the race "alive" and not just pi**ing off into the distance, whatever people think of him he is still one of the best drivers out there. Although he had the best car I doubt if he will ever have to settle for a second best team in the future !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Nov 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3691835)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I don't really understand why people have a problem with Lewis he is a great driver, gave Nico a big hug, gave Mrs Rosberg a big hug ..
Shook Nico's hand, congratulated him ..
is a great ambassador for the sport, is hugely popular at our Grand Prix in Austin ..?????
Old 28 Nov 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3691847)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I don't really understand why people have a problem with Lewis he is a great driver, gave Nico a big hug, gave Mrs Rosberg a big hug ..
Shook Nico's hand, congratulated him ..
is a great ambassador for the sport, is hugely popular at our Grand Prix in Austin ..?????
I don't get it either. He did everything he could on the track to keep his championship hopes a live.

Post race, off the track, I thought he was very magnanimous in defeat and didn't let the petulant Lewis, that we've seen too often, out.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 22:30 (Ref:3691903)   #29
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Rosberg. Just kept his head.
Yes, just a pity it was supposed to be a Grand Prix F1 race and he did not want to race in any way shape or form, too visible when behind Max, and most certainly did not want to mix it with his team mate()
Pity Our Nige, Senna and Prost were not about
Old 29 Nov 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3691977)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Who is Eric?
Nico Erik Rosberg (born 27 June 1985) is a German Formula One driver, currently racing for the Mercedes Formula One team.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3691980)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Yes, just a pity it was supposed to be a Grand Prix F1 race and he did not want to race in any way shape or form, too visible when behind Max, and most certainly did not want to mix it with his team mate()
Does the pass on Verstappen not count as racing? Or do we miss stuff out that doesn't fit the anti-Rosberg narrative?
Old 29 Nov 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3692019)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
We all know what happened with Senna and Prost. That's not the way I like to see a championship decided, so good for Nico for not mixing it with Lewis for that reason alone.

I thought that overtake he did on Verstappen was one of the best moves I've seen by any driver this season.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 16:15 (Ref:3692131)   #33
Rookie

500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Nico for the reasons already mentioned. He was put under a ton of pressure by his teammate, but also by the first stop delay, which put him behind Max.

His pass on Max was superlative. Not an easy circuit to pass on, apparently, and Max is obviously no pushover. Move of the race and up there for move of the season IMO.

Honorable mention to Vettel, but I agree that Lewis' tactics probably helped him.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3692753)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nico may have done enough to win the title, but the driver of the race was Lewis for doing everything within the boundaries of trying to win the race and the title
Old 1 Dec 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3692775)   #35
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
We all know what happened with Senna and Prost. That's not the way I like to see a championship decided, so good for Nico for not mixing it with Lewis for that reason alone.

I thought that overtake he did on Verstappen was one of the best moves I've seen by any driver this season.
I was pretty impressed by the move Vettel pulled on Max too.