Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jul 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3837690)   #26
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep; the Bathurst October long weekend was then well and truly mucked up.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3837758)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't the MotoGP on the same.weekend at Philip Island as well, and that it's only been recently that they decided to shift their date?
Old 21 Jul 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3837785)   #28
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Imagine the heat and smell at the SMP Australia Day Supersprint
A draft possibility I saw had the Eastern Creek round in mid April.The events January/February were Pukekohe,Phillip Island and Symmons Plains.
Old 23 Jul 2018, 06:12 (Ref:3838193)   #29
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for some reason the rest of the world run their main game racing during the summer....what make us so different?

Nothing worse than going to the track at 7 am only to freeze your arse off for the rest of the day.

Summer series make a lot of sense to me (and the rest of the world)
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:42 (Ref:3838248)   #30
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Debatable.

The fact is the squabbling between Channel 7 and their Supertourers, and the emerging V8 series, left the October long weekend available and for the taking.

The NRL seized upon the opportunity and never looked back.

Several decades of Bathurst tradition promptly went down the drain.
Well, you can't put brains into a monument
Old 23 Jul 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3838250)   #31
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Is anyone on board with this, or alternatively think it's an unnecessary change?

The fact it has been proposed because of perceived conflict with the AFL/NRL season concerns me - the initial squabbling back in 1997 meant gifting the traditional October long weekend for Bathurst to the NRL, which was bad enough.
I never watch any oval ball codes, unless I'm socially forced to, but I don't miss a single round of Supercars. I did at the weekend, but I will catch up!
Old 25 Jul 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3838713)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
for some reason the rest of the world run their main game racing during the summer....what make us so different?
You have what we call summer in what you call winter...
Old 29 Jul 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3839806)   #33
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Yep. Shared a house in Brisbane a few years ago with a few European students and they kept on saying how hot it was in the middle of winter. They kept on walking around in shirts and shorts/skirts while myself and the other Aussie were rugged up.

Speaking of the heat of summer, I had to get a new double layer race suit last Monday and instantly felt uncomfortable in the morning sun while wearing it when giving the Erebus team a quick hand at Norwell. (and it was only about 16-17 degrees Celsius) Plus could feel the sweat pouring from David Reynolds when he played a practical joke and he grabbed me from behind. (He thought I was someone else and thought he could spook me) This happened in the middle of winter. Imagine in the middle of summer, the drivers will actually face serious physical health issues if racing in the heat.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 05:48 (Ref:3840100)   #34
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
yeah nar....its gets hot in the US, Malaysia, the middle east.

The foot traffic would increase massively....and ya never know....we may even get grid girls back