Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3837859)   #1
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This where to complain about no live coverage from Lime Rock

So ... I paid for the complete palette of Fox sports channels ... and cannot get a live broadcast of the race from Lime Rock.

There is nothing more i could say here which would not be censored.

I guess this is the Race Thread, too ... kind of sad.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3837861)   #2
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And ... Timing and Scoring is down, too .....
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3837863)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://theracingline.net/timing/ Timing working here.

Immediate caution for an Acura and GTD BMW making contact.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3837864)   #4
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
According to the schedule on imsa.com Fox coverage is delayed by 1 hour.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3837865)   #5
Maelochs
Veteran

The difference between engine sounds of the the leading Corvette and the chasing Porsche ... the Porsche sounds frantic, the Vette sounds like it is still running under yellow ....
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3837866)   #6
Maelochs
Veteran

Yeah ... i didn't want to wait and watch the televised version ... but I can't watch it live in the U.S., apparently, no matter how much I pay ... so i will switch between in-car cameras and crank up Hindy. Screw 'em.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3837869)   #7
Maelochs
Veteran

In-car shows Westbrook in the 67 Fored trying different lines to press Edwards in the 24 BMW ... popping up on different sides .... Edwards hit the dirt once ....
Old 21 Jul 2018, 23:42 (Ref:3837885)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, definitely a mid summer race in the US, everybody scatters to the wind and it becomes hard to catch more than 5 people for an event. First race I think I've seen without a race thread.

And even the race coverage couldn't go right, started 20 min late to watch the end of the US Amateur tournament. But at least they did let it run and bumped the UFC weigh-in to FS2.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3837897)   #9
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
...no matter how much I pay ...
Buy a vpn service. Less than $10 per month. Watch the international stream and relieve yourself of complaints. Not trying to be rude, but I just watched an entire imsa race in South Carolina. Is there something I'm missing that this is not a legitimate solution in 2018? Genuinely curious..
Old 22 Jul 2018, 06:56 (Ref:3837914)   #10
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Buy a vpn service. Less than $10 per month. Watch the international stream and relieve yourself of complaints. Not trying to be rude, but I just watched an entire imsa race in South Carolina. Is there something I'm missing that this is not a legitimate solution in 2018? Genuinely curious..
It is, and probably should be more known. What you're missing is that is more like a workaround rather than an officially supported way to watch and you're not paying the series or tv channels directly. Also, requires some computer skills.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3837937)   #11
Maelochs
Veteran

Couple points----First, VPN. or, for those who are computer-savvy, fake IP addresses (proxies.) never had luck with setting up a proxy. as for paying more .... at some point I have to say, "Enough.”

IMSA and Fox don’t owe me anything. They exist to take my money, and the less they need to provide me to get my cash, the better for them.

However … their TV broadcast is occasionally incoherent, due to too many classes to cover and too many commercials/infomercials. Getting a stream and actually watching the race is preferable. My choice, my loss or gain …. Can’t blame Fox if they can successfully sell crap. My choice to buy it.

Anyway …. Since this was just two classes, I assume Fox managed to cover it better. I tried to follow on T&S and RLM and in-car cameras…. The picture I got was that tire strategy played a big role. Most of the time the cars weren’t close enough together to show up on another car’s in-car camera. Lapping was about the only overtaking.

And I missed the Corvette spin …. The Vette in-car was following the pursuing Ford, then it wasn’t then, the Ford was winning. Very Rare to see a Corvette do that …. I think I recall maybe Magnussen messing up at a Long Beach, and of course the Great Sebring Pit Lane Collision ….

Still I enjoyed what I got from it.

This is a good thing, actually. After so many years of chasing after this series and its predecessors …. Now I have to ask if there is something better to do with my time and money.

We’ll see. I still plan to hit Sebring next spring ….

It will be interesting to see what the series comes up with in 2020 …. But I am betting we will see the same DPis for several more seasons. Less ESM, sadly.

But the idea of cutting the cord and learning how to do all the computer maneuverings seems better with each passing season.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3838719)   #12
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
-Great event once more. All GT races do not disappoint! I can watch the replay for this over and over again.
-Many of the teams missed the mark big time on tire wear. Fuel economy efforts were futile.
-No surprise that the winners (Ford, Lamborghini) did the best with the tires.
-Madison Snow won't be a silver driver for much longer.
-That spin by Gunnar Jeanette just cost him is seat in the WeatherTech Ferrari I think.
-Porsche GT team always has a some sort of issue in the pits that costs them victory.
-Surprised the #33 Mercedes was not a factor at all in the race.
-#58 Porsche so good but fell apart after that. Christina not as good in the Porsche as the Ferrari.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3838790)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
-Great event once more. All GT races do not disappoint! I can watch the replay for this over and over again.
-Many of the teams missed the mark big time on tire wear. Fuel economy efforts were futile.
-No surprise that the winners (Ford, Lamborghini) did the best with the tires.
-Madison Snow won't be a silver driver for much longer.
-That spin by Gunnar Jeanette just cost him is seat in the WeatherTech Ferrari I think.
-Porsche GT team always has a some sort of issue in the pits that costs them victory.
-Surprised the #33 Mercedes was not a factor at all in the race.
-#58 Porsche so good but fell apart after that. Christina not as good in the Porsche as the Ferrari.
What do we think the changes IMSA will change his status for 2019? That would cost us a GTD car possibly if he's not the Silver in the seat but he is DAMN fast and consistent.

Do we know the Gunnar was set to sit out Road America? Saw he was replaced but nothing was said that he was fired or released, just a replacement driver like it was nothing.

The 58 had problems even with Pat Long behind the wheel and got worse in the stint. I'll admit I have no idea where they are in the standings but she didn't seem to do that bad. But it seems like her previous team isn't any faster with WeatherTech at the wheel this year so maybe she just is that good with a Ferrari.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3838811)   #14
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I loath Fox so much that I just don't watch them live anymore.

I thought it was a good race right up until the end...
Old 26 Jul 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3838856)   #15
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't watched a race on Fox in years. 100% prefer to wait a few days and watch the completely uninterrupted youtube video with IMSA radio commentary. If I really cared to watch live I'd also use a VPN. The coverage from Fox is just that unbearable.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3838861)   #16
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
IMSA on Roku is the best thing IMSA has done in a long time.

Next best thing to sliced, I mean, live coverage.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3838875)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
I haven't watched a race on Fox in years. 100% prefer to wait a few days and watch the completely uninterrupted youtube video with IMSA radio commentary. If I really cared to watch live I'd also use a VPN. The coverage from Fox is just that unbearable.
Does FOX still have more "tire tip" segments and paddock interviews that clearly was from the day before than actual race coverage?
Old 2 Aug 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3840821)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
IMSA on Roku is the best thing IMSA has done in a long time.

Next best thing to sliced, I mean, live coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Does FOX still have more "tire tip" segments and paddock interviews that clearly was from the day before than actual race coverage?
Yes, and yes.