Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Nov 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3865040)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
John Heynes son.

Long shot but I said I would try and help hence this post. Request from NZ. Does anyone know the where about's of John Heynes son.John Heynes was Graham McRae business partner back in the day. That's all I know. Thanks in advance.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3865045)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Long shot but I said I would try and help hence this post. Request from NZ. Does anyone know the where about's of John Heynes son.John Heynes was Graham McRae business partner back in the day. That's all I know. Thanks in advance.
Nothing of help with tracing the son, but a bit of trivia relating...John Heynes (a British Insurance broker) and McRae set up McRae Cars in Poole and Heynes subsequently sold their factory in c.1973 to Penske as a base for their F1 operation
Old 23 Nov 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3865212)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will give it a few days and if no joy will move this to the Motorsport History forum
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Nov 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3865465)   #4
Bruce Chambers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Bruce Chambers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

Would that be Jonathan Heynes that ran the Peugeot 206's in the BTCC in 2001? The team was called HTML and they were based at Silverstone.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3865644)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Bruce .
Old 25 Nov 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3865699)   #6
Willy Warpit
Rookie

Willy Warpit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was also a John Heynes involved with the ownership of Brafield Stadium also known as Northampton International Raceway (see Wikipedia entry) and he was definitely something to do with the BTCC team mentioned above