Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Dec 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3870545)   #201
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think that the future of rallycross specs is in Argentina.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3871792)   #202
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...-2019/4315823/

First confirmed driver. Scheider full season entry with Munnich running at select rounds.

Unconfirmed:
STARD almost certainly with Baumanis and hoping for a second driver.
ESmotorsport with a new Skoda, could be 1 or 2 cars.
Hansen Sr hoping to run the Peugeots independently.

Plus about 7 full time run cars (from about 4 teams) who could well stay. We might see 16 cars at some rounds next year.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3871797)   #203
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...-2019/4315823/

First confirmed driver. Scheider full season entry with Munnich running at select rounds.

Unconfirmed:
STARD almost certainly with Baumanis and hoping for a second driver.
ESmotorsport with a new Skoda, could be 1 or 2 cars.
Hansen Sr hoping to run the Peugeots independently.

Plus about 7 full time run cars (from about 4 teams) who could well stay. We might see 16 cars at some rounds next year.
You can add at least two cars from GKC with Chicherit with Marklund/Doran and two cars from GRX with one being Grönholm.
Old 2 Jan 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3873579)   #204
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STARD confirms Janis Baumanis as first driver in the 2019 World Championship:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...is-baumanis-as

Interesting to see who the second car goes to (and I wonder if they are building one or two new cars?)

Given the above, I reckon we have enough names to start a list:

Munnich Motorsport - Timo Scheider - Seat Ibiza (World RX)
STARD - Janis Baumanis - Ford Fiesta (World RX)
STARD - ? - Ford Fiesta (World RX)
ES Motorsport - ? - Skoda Fabia (World RX)

Munnich Motorsport - Rene Munnich - Seat Ibiza (Select World RX)
Old 2 Jan 2019, 10:26 (Ref:3873586)   #205
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mads Ostberg tested the ES Fabia and was talking about possibly competing in WRX - it'll be interesting to see if that comes off.

Also is there any news about the EKS cars? What's going to happen with those? Given that Audi have pulled the plug and the cars have a limited life (given the impending arrival of electric) then I'd have thought Ekstrom would be keen to offload the cars. I'd expect Hansen to run a couple of Peugeots so presumably there's a couple of those available as well if anyone wants them?
Old 2 Jan 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3873595)   #206
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
STARD confirms Janis Baumanis as first driver in the 2019 World Championship:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...is-baumanis-as

Interesting to see who the second car goes to (and I wonder if they are building one or two new cars?)

Given the above, I reckon we have enough names to start a list:

Munnich Motorsport - Timo Scheider - Seat Ibiza (World RX)
STARD - Janis Baumanis - Ford Fiesta (World RX)
STARD - ? - Ford Fiesta (World RX)
ES Motorsport - ? - Skoda Fabia (World RX)

Munnich Motorsport - Rene Munnich - Seat Ibiza (Select World RX)
Plus
Xite Racing - Oliver Bennet - BMW Mini Cooper (World RX)
Xite Racing - ? - Ford Fiesta (Euro RX)
And if they decide to make a new car again
Xite Racing - ? - ? (World RX)

They're also looking to link up with an existing team, SLR with Demoustier would be a good fit as they each ran 1 car last year.

Ostberg is looking to run in WRC-2 with only part time WRX running.
EKS built 8 cars over 5 years and will sell them. Ekstrom said they would help the new owners of the cars but that EKS would not run at all in 2019 and he will not do a full WRX season ever again.
If Hansen can get a budget they will run 2 cars for the Hansens.
Old 2 Jan 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3873602)   #207
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Plus
Xite Racing - Oliver Bennet - BMW Mini Cooper (World RX)
Xite Racing - ? - Ford Fiesta (Euro RX)
And if they decide to make a new car again
Xite Racing - ? - ? (World RX)

They're also looking to link up with an existing team, SLR with Demoustier would be a good fit as they each ran 1 car last year.

Ostberg is looking to run in WRC-2 with only part time WRX running.
EKS built 8 cars over 5 years and will sell them. Ekstrom said they would help the new owners of the cars but that EKS would not run at all in 2019 and he will not do a full WRX season ever again.
If Hansen can get a budget they will run 2 cars for the Hansens.
Yeah, Bennett looks set to do something, but I left him off the list as I am not sure whether he is committing to Worlds or Euros!

EKS was eight cars then? I read a comment that there were 5 "original" cars and we saw three on the 2018 spec cars, but I wasn't sure if car number 3 was a new build or a modified original spec car: guess it was a new build?

Two of those five have gone to Cometoyou, haven't they? Ekstrom said he would retain the Championship winning car, so that potentially leaves two original cars and three 2018 spec cars up for grabs?

As much as I hate to see racing cars sitting gathering dust, I wonder if it would be better if the 2018 Audi and Peugeot cars are not sold to privateers: I think it will be a much closer season without those cars.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3876121)   #208
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Pailler Competition have acquired one of the Peugeot Sport 208's:

Pailler Competition Official Facebook Page

How many cars did Peugeot Sport build? I am assuming four in total?
Old 14 Jan 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3876139)   #209
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
In 2017, the cars were built by Peugeot and before that season I don't know. Kevin was in a 2016-spec car the entire season, unless he didn't get a new one after his crash on Mettet. At least two cars.

They had new cars for Timmy and Loeb when the 2018 season started and Kevin was then in an upgraded 2017 car. For Höljes, Timmy and Loeb got two new cars and Kevin switched to the car Loeb had used before Höljes. That is four cars, making it six in total. This is where I completely lose track of their cars from 2017 and onwards.

PSRX VW for example had a car just for testing, having three in total each season. I don't know if Peugeot built cars just for testing or if they used upgraded, older cars.

When Peugeot Sport streamed the reasons for their withdrawal on Facebook, they had at least two cars in the workshop while one car was testing in Montalegre. This was also after the teams had shipped their cars to South Africa.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3876713)   #210
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Swedish team JC Raceteknik, who has ran cars for Bryntesson and Frøshaug in ERX among other things, has bought two Audis from EKS. Ekström's championship winning car from 2016 is one of them.

https://www.vf.se/2019/01/17/kilstea...dsmastarbilen/
Old 17 Jan 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3876724)   #211
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Swedish team JC Raceteknik, who has ran cars for Bryntesson and Frøshaug in ERX among other things, has bought two Audis from EKS. Ekström's championship winning car from 2016 is one of them.

https://www.vf.se/2019/01/17/kilstea...dsmastarbilen/
That's interesting as Ekstrom previously said he was going to retain that car.

Good home for those cars though.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3876742)   #212
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I did see Mathias quoted as saying he was definitely leaving RX permanently. I guess he has no interest in keeping that car either.

Pretty clear words from one of the most polished and diplomatic people in the sport...
Old 17 Jan 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3876829)   #213
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In German magazine Sport Auto there is an multipage article about the implosion in Rallycross. Paul Bellamy of IMG now confesses that the Peugeots and VW's were just made by Hansen and PSRX. Duh! Also that they will find 3 manufacturers and electric candidates. And interviews about drivers complaining about IMG that don't want to invest and Johan about quitting.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3876830)   #214
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
In German magazine Sport Auto there is an multipage article about the implosion in Rallycross. Paul Bellamy of IMG now confesses that the Peugeots and VW's were just made by Hansen and PSRX. Duh! Also that they will find 3 manufacturers and electric candidates. And interviews about drivers complaining about IMG that don't want to invest and Johan about quitting.

Download Readly and you can read it, just like Bilsport!
Old 18 Jan 2019, 06:36 (Ref:3876886)   #215
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=crossfades;3876713]Swedish team JC Raceteknik, who has ran cars for Bryntesson and Frøshaug in ERX among other things, has bought two Audis from EKS. Ekström's championship winning car from 2016 is one of them.

Do you know which chassis numbers the cars have crossfades?

Is it confirmed that Comtoyou Racing really bought two EKS cars?
Old 18 Jan 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3876919)   #216
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=The Eye;3876886]
Quote:

Is it confirmed that Comtoyou Racing really bought two EKS cars?
Yes, Comtoyou has two cars. Why??? Don't know.
They can wait and wait and then discover the cars are not up to date anymore.

At JC Raceteknik the cars probably will be used, wich is a good thing!
Old 18 Jan 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3876924)   #217
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
It wasn't the last spec and they had five before 2018 at least so I guess EKS has one old car left and three "new" ones. That is just my speculation though.

I was very surprised to see this considering that the Hansens has entered GRC. I couldn't find the full interview.

#NEWS @kennethrx: "We're still fighting to get a full @fiaworldrx program for 2019!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgJw0RgI9t

"'Our goal is still to be @FIAWorldRX champions!" https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsv21qegyH0/
Old 18 Jan 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3876941)   #218
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Well, I did see Mathias quoted as saying he was definitely leaving RX permanently. I guess he has no interest in keeping that car either.
Yeah, guess so. Given that Ekstrom previously seemed quite attached to that car he has obviously lost his interest in retaining it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
Paul Bellamy of IMG now confesses that the Peugeots and VW's were just made by Hansen and PSRX.
Eh? So Peugeot Sport and VW Motorsport both lied about their involvement? Perhaps it's just me, but this makes no sense!
Old 18 Jan 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3876945)   #219
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was very surprised to see this considering that the Hansens has entered GRC. I couldn't find the full interview.

#NEWS @kennethrx: "We're still fighting to get a full @fiaworldrx program for 2019!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsgJw0RgI9t

"'Our goal is still to be @FIAWorldRX champions!" https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsv21qegyH0/
Max Pucher replied to a facebook post that the Hansen brothers are likely to run one of the MJP's Fiesta and a Pantera RX6.
Old 18 Jan 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3876995)   #220
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Ford?

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...ycross-return/
Old 18 Jan 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3877081)   #221
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Yeah, guess so. Given that Ekstrom previously seemed quite attached to that car he has obviously lost his interest in retaining it now.

Eh? So Peugeot Sport and VW Motorsport both lied about their involvement? Perhaps it's just me, but this makes no sense!

I wouldn't say lie, as for sure Peugeot and VW had their own share. But driving force behind the teams is KHM and PSRX...
Old 22 Jan 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3877673)   #222
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Sort of rallycross news, but I have just seen a comment on Facebook suggesting that Oliver Solberg will be the third driver for Kristoffersson Motorsport in 2019 and participating in rally events this year.

Shame if that's the case as I was rather hoping to see the DS3 in action again. Maybe someone can convince Petter to get behind the wheel of it again...

(...yeah I know that's wishful thinking!)
Old 22 Jan 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3877688)   #223
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe there is something I didn't catch, but when did VW Motorsport claim to be running the PSRX team? Funding and providing hardware hardware obviously, but I thought it was pretty clear that PSRX was running and developing the cars?

Imagine trying to tell Petter Solberg how to develop a rallycross car, lol. That would be a short discussion.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3877697)   #224
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Sort of rallycross news, but I have just seen a comment on Facebook suggesting that Oliver Solberg will be the third driver for Kristoffersson Motorsport in 2019 and participating in rally events this year.

Shame if that's the case as I was rather hoping to see the DS3 in action again. Maybe someone can convince Petter to get behind the wheel of it again...

(...yeah I know that's wishful thinking!)
He is competing with his own team in Latvia and Estonia. He will just run under the KMS banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
Maybe there is something I didn't catch, but when did VW Motorsport claim to be running the PSRX team? Funding and providing hardware hardware obviously, but I thought it was pretty clear that PSRX was running and developing the cars?

Imagine trying to tell Petter Solberg how to develop a rallycross car, lol. That would be a short discussion.
PSRX ran the cars and the logistics but I wouldn't say they were developing the cars, especially since the cars never were in Torsby but at VW Motorsport. Besides, most of the staff during events came from VW.

VW Motorsport is very capable of developing cars so I doubt Solberg would tell them how to develop a rallycross car.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3877701)   #225
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
VW Motorsport is very capable of developing cars so I doubt Solberg would tell them how to develop a rallycross car.
If he had then the VW would have been much softer and looser.