Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Apr 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3814436)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Wet race for CER and dropped down a bit from P6 on the grid- there were several safety cars and it was a case of survival really!

BTW the black flag incident in the 60s race was because the driver involved forgot to turn into to the refuelling area when entering the pit lane. After remembering half way down he did a U turn and drove the wrong way back to up to it...... I kid you not!

Saw a couple of T70s having engine capacity checked, but that’s all, apart from the routine stuff.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:08 (Ref:3814446)   #27
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

BTW the black flag incident in the 60s race was because the driver involved forgot to turn into to the refuelling area when entering the pit lane. After remembering half way down he did a U turn and drove the wrong way back to up to it...... I kid you not!
So they ignored the other misdemeanours?

It has to be said the discipline behind safety cars (maintaining speed to catch the car in front and not overtaking before the line) was pretty woeful by several cars.....something needs to be done or it will just get worse.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3814447)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I kid you not!

There are several ways to be unique and to enter the Guinness book! Happy he doesn't belong to my relatives though…
Old 10 Apr 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3814735)   #29
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
So they ignored the other misdemeanours?

It has to be said the discipline behind safety cars (maintaining speed to catch the car in front and not overtaking before the line) was pretty woeful by several cars.....something needs to be done or it will just get worse.
Perhaps people should pay attention during he drivers briefing, and realise the difference in required speed between a full course yelllow and a safety car situation.
Old 10 Apr 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3814736)   #30
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and in the mean time we managed to get our report online.

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/even...-Montjuic.html
Old 11 Apr 2018, 06:46 (Ref:3814801)   #31
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Perhaps people should pay attention during he drivers briefing, and realise the difference in required speed between a full course yelllow and a safety car situation.
When some of the drivers are feeling the need to take photos of the flag descriptions during the drivers briefing, it really does not fill you with confidence that some of your fellow competitors are going to abide by the flags, let alone the start, safety car or full course yellow procedures!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 11 Apr 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3814811)   #32
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
When some of the drivers are feeling the need to take photos of the flag descriptions during the drivers briefing, it really does not fill you with confidence that some of your fellow competitors are going to abide by the flags, let alone the start, safety car or full course yellow procedures!!
sounds rather scary indeed. Have the organisers been informed?
Old 11 Apr 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3814839)   #33
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
I am hoping we get the opportunity to bring it up at the Spa drivers briefing......but given the people we need to get the message across to were in the drivers briefing in Barcelona I fear the message may fall on deaf or uncomprehending ears!
Mag 7's #60
Old 11 Apr 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3814881)   #34
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
I am hoping we get the opportunity to bring it up at the Spa drivers briefing......but given the people we need to get the message across to were in the drivers briefing in Barcelona I fear the message may fall on deaf or uncomprehending ears!
talk to race control in advance, and ask them if they can be strict about non compliance with the rules.