Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 15 Jan 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3792916)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, that dash and Tesla like center screen is insane.

And FINALLY hill descent controls, hate mine locking automatically and throwing the revs through the roof, and a true locker in the rear axle.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/15/...-hybrid-45834/ has even more great pictures by can't seem to get them to load to save.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3792918)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here come the Ram pictures, the Limited range is insane as a truck

USB-C factory and finally moved the CD player out of the center console bin. Or even worse, under the center seat in the bench seat model.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3792919)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Now for the I want, I want model. But it's still Hemi/Pentastar only.

The Rebel concept truck.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3792922)   #54
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
General Ram goodies

Hybrid unit front and center

22 inch wheels available, also 6 lug wheels

Ram box has grounded 120V inside, think one is available inside the bed on normal box trucks
Old 15 Jan 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3792947)   #55
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm giddy waiting for the configurator(s) to come out!

Old 15 Jan 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3792954)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
New pickup trucks and utes

And there are now 16 wheel combinations available.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3793135)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Here's the 2019 Ranger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And now for the Ford Ranger return:

When did the Ranger turn back to a full size truck??? That's ginormous!
Old 16 Jan 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3793161)   #58
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The new Ranger is two feet shorter than an F-150 SuperCab.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 00:04 (Ref:3793217)   #59
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
When did the Ranger turn back to a full size truck??? That's ginormous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The new Ranger is two feet shorter than an F-150 SuperCab.
To field's point though, the current Chevy Colorado/S10 is within one inch of a 1999 Silverado in all dimensions (per Motor Trend, I've never done the research myself). This is true of almost every type of car though - a modern hatchback will dwarf one of 20 years ago.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 01:41 (Ref:3793234)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And just b/c I wanted to provide some numbers to what I was getting at, the new Ranger wheel base is nearly 2 feet longer than the Little Rangers that I grew up with.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3793613)   #61
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And just b/c I wanted to provide some numbers to what I was getting at, the new Ranger wheel base is nearly 2 feet longer than the Little Rangers that I grew up with.
The new "small" pickups are just monsters. Occasionally I'll see a late 70's early 80's Japanese truck on the road, and they are fantastically small. But my favorite is when they come with an 8 ft bed!
Old 18 Jan 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3793640)   #62
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The new "small" pickups are just monsters. Occasionally I'll see a late 70's early 80's Japanese truck on the road, and they are fantastically small. But my favorite is when they come with an 8 ft bed!
Like this guy?

While I'm at it, the Toyota Tundra long bed is one of the most ungainly vehicles I have ever seen. While the other manufacturers just add the extra length behind the wheels, Toyota does it in the wheelbase!

Old 18 Jan 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3793642)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Like this guy?

While I'm at it, the Toyota Tundra long bed is one of the most ungainly vehicles I have ever seen. While the other manufacturers just add the extra length behind the wheels, Toyota does it in the wheelbase!

Exactly! And agree about the modern Tundras.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3794597)   #64
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
In celebration of the new Ram, Dodge released a 21 page pdf that details the trucks 101 year history:

http://autoweek.com/article/trucks/h...n=awdailydrive
Old 25 Jan 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3795045)   #65
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Caught my first glimpse of the Chevy Colorado Z71 in our office parking lot and then two minutes later saw another black one on the street. What you fellas got on the Z71 package? Same as in the past, with all the neat off-road accessories?

As a side, I saw smoking hot blonde driving a maroon Dodge Laramie quad cab on the way back from lunch. She looks better behind-the-wheel than you do, JH, no offense.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3795055)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Caught my first glimpse of the Chevy Colorado Z71 in our office parking lot and then two minutes later saw another black one on the street. What you fellas got on the Z71 package? Same as in the past, with all the neat off-road accessories?

As a side, I saw smoking hot blonde driving a maroon Dodge Laramie quad cab on the way back from lunch. She looks better behind-the-wheel than you do, JH, no offense.
I think I'd rather have a Tacoma if I'm going that route.

Maybe she could tell JHammy his truck sounds good.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:48 (Ref:3795172)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Unless you fall for the Z71 2wd package. Yeah, they've made an off-road 2wd package. Not sure if they still do but they used to and it was just pretty stickers and fender flares
Old 26 Jan 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3795254)   #68
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Unless you fall for the Z71 2wd package. Yeah, they've made an off-road 2wd package. Not sure if they still do but they used to and it was just pretty stickers and fender flares
I mean they have a class of two-wheel drive trophy trucks but what moron is going to buy a 2 wheel drive Z71?!
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:00 (Ref:3795257)   #69
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Better for off-road drifting, I guess...
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3795268)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Slightly off topic, but is this a sleeper cab or a crew cab?

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/...473378485.html
"Runs good" "needs minor work"
Old 26 Jan 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3795322)   #71
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

What you want is the new ZR2 - it is essentially a mini-Raptor. They are really cool.

No offense taken as my truck isn't maroon. There is a maroonish color available now, but mine isn't it. My truck is Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat. It was a $700 option damnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think I'd rather have a Tacoma if I'm going that route.
You seem to have a penchant for ugly cars, so this makes sense. The Colorado is a much better truck in all honestly and it's less expensive. That is until the Ranger comes out.

Quote:
Quote:
I mean they have a class of two-wheel drive trophy trucks but what moron is going to buy a 2 wheel drive Z71?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Better for off-road drifting, I guess...
A 2WD truck with all the 4x4 goodies is called a "Prerunner", although it is a misuse of the word. They are extremely popular in Texas and out west atm.
Toyota has made one for years - UA's truck is a prerunner.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3795323)   #72
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
For a reason I don't understand other than it is pretty cool, 1970's F100 are a very popular prerunner conversions:

Old 26 Jan 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3795326)   #73
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Slightly off topic, but is this a sleeper cab or a crew cab?

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/...473378485.html
"Runs good" "needs minor work"
Conversion van companies used to make these to tow fifth wheels. I used to see them all the time but haven't in years. That one appears to be homemade.

Old 27 Jan 2018, 02:51 (Ref:3795356)   #74
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
A 2WD truck with all the 4x4 goodies is called a "Prerunner", although it is a misuse of the word. They are extremely popular in Texas and out west atm.
Toyota has made one for years - UA's truck is a prerunner.
Yes, but Toyota put true PreRunner stuff in theirs, limited slip and 4wd ride height, even Nissan made a supercharged version of their Frontier as PreRunner. Chevy literally put badges and stickers on their truck and said DONE.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 04:08 (Ref:3795361)   #75
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Yes, but Toyota put true PreRunner stuff in theirs, limited slip and 4wd ride height, even Nissan made a supercharged version of their Frontier as PreRunner. Chevy literally put badges and stickers on their truck and said DONE.
Yeah, upon further review, I think you're right. The 2WD Chevys don't sit like 4x4, do they? Chevys sit low too and have tons of rake.