Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3838489)   #51
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams will keep Sirotkin and hire another pay driver like Markelov, Latifi, Norris, Gelael or so I think.

Toro Rosso will kee Hartley as long as Ticktum doesn't qualify for a superlicense.

Sauber is close to sign Giovinazzi.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3838492)   #52
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
How is Norris a pay driver? Would McLaren stump up for his drive?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3838523)   #53
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
How is Norris a pay driver? Would McLaren stump up for his drive?
Because his Dad will pay £20m or so for his drive, just like he pays to be test driver?

(That’s how it works)
Old 24 Jul 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3838529)   #54
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I still think that The Honey Badger holds the key to the driver market at the moment. If he stays at Red Bull, then maybe there won't be too much movement (not towards the top half of the grid anyway). If he goes elsewhere, surely Red Bull will want Sainz back to fill DR's space, which will then leave a space at Renault. Someone has said recently that Renault are getting all parochial about having a French driver and are looking at Grosjean, which will leave a space at Haas and so on...
Old 24 Jul 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3838531)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my money is still on Kimi at Ferrari for next year but must admit i would very much like to see Perez get a crack at that seat.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3838578)   #56
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
For what it's worth, this is what I think and/or got from Belgian-French TV:

* Ferrari: Raikkonen or Leclerc
* Sauber: Leclerc or Raikkonen. Vandoorne possible if 1. he is booted from McLaren and 2. Raikkonen stays at Ferrari and 3. Ferrari wants Leclerc at Sauber. Remember: SV raced for ART/Vasseur in GP2. Or even alongside Raikkonen or Leclerc if they let Ericsson go.
* Red Bull: Ricciardo (probably) or Sainz.
* Renault: Sainz (preferred option by the race team), Ocon (preferred option by the French-purist fraction in the Renault board of directors). Grosjean possible but unlikely.
* McLaren: Alonso + Vandoorne, Alonso + Sainz, Vandoorne + Sainz, Alonso or Sainz + Norris. Vandoorne + Norris is very unlikely: too unexperienced.
* Haas: Magnussen + Grosjean or Perez
* Force India: Stroll + ... ?

Another rumour has it that Red Bull doesn't want to release Sainz to Renault because they need him. To replace Ricciardo if he goes, or to replace Hartley if Ricciardo stays. They can't get Ticktum in F1 and don't have anyone else.
Sainz is not impressed at all by the prospect of going back to TR.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3838581)   #57
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Gert, not so sure the team prefer Sainz to Ocon at all.

And I hear Checo to Haas in place of Grosjean very possible indeed.

Last edited by peebee2; 24 Jul 2018 at 19:47.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3838582)   #58
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
my money is still on Kimi at Ferrari for next year but must admit i would very much like to see Perez get a crack at that seat.
Can't see Perez saying.. "oh yes, i will let Vettel past"...like Kimi does...Money Kimi..he loves it. Perez is a hard arse nasty to overtake.. As Eddie Irvine said.. "I was a No2, but took 100 million out of it"...nice..
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3838585)   #59
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Something tells me Grosjean might be left standing when the music stops. He seems cursed.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3838594)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Can't see Perez saying.. "oh yes, i will let Vettel past"...like Kimi does...Money Kimi..he loves it. Perez is a hard arse nasty to overtake.. As Eddie Irvine said.. "I was a No2, but took 100 million out of it"...nice..
indeed thats the reason why such a move would not happen.

talent wise though i think he deserves another shot at a top seat but yeah more a wishful fantasy more than anything else.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3838602)   #61
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Gert, not so sure the team prefer Sainz to Ocon at all.

And I hear Checo to Haas in place of Grosjean very possible indeed.
I don't know for sure. That's just what I heard. For every rumour I hear, someone else hears something completely different.

From what I hear: Hulkenberg + Sainz = stability, for once. Sainz pushes Hulkenberg, unlike Palmer and races good enough to get some decent results on his own (although recent races were somewheat diappointing, resultwise).
And they seem to both like and dislike the same aspects in the car and give comparable technical feedback.
They (the race team) know what they have and don't know what they would get (with Ocon) in that regards.

As far as I know, a choice for Ocon would be more of a political one than a technical/sporting one.
I have been reading French magazines (Sport-Auto, Auto-Hebdo) for long enough to recognize that French trait...
Old 24 Jul 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3838608)   #62
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Unless money changes hands, what’s in it for Mercedes to let Ocon go to Renault? Give him experience of a works team, I suppose. And he’s young enough to be called up if Lewis retires in 2020, or if he looks a better prospect than Bottas.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3838690)   #63
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Unless money changes hands, what’s in it for Mercedes to let Ocon go to Renault? Give him experience of a works team, I suppose. And he’s young enough to be called up if Lewis retires in 2020, or if he looks a better prospect than Bottas.
Mercedes had a free seat but refused Ocon. Mercedes clearly don't like Ocon that much and have minor interest at best.
Therefore clearly they are not very fussed if Ocon is lost from their driver program.

To the contrary, Ferrari will likely place LeClerc in their free seat as they think he is a jolly fine driver who is valuable to them.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3838703)   #64
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I’m not sure it’s as clear-cut as that. Ocon is fast and reliable, and still young. Let him learn his trade at Force India and Bottas in the meantime is an excellent number two. But Mercedes have to have one eye on the future in case Hamilton calls it quits after his new contract is done (assuming, of course, that they stay in F1 and don’t put all their eggs in the Formula E basket).
Old 25 Jul 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3838766)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ocon might be poached by Renault and that would not surprise me. Mercedes could regret that
Old 25 Jul 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3838772)   #66
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
At least they still have George Russell on the books (and Pascal Wehrlein).
Old 25 Jul 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3838778)   #67
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
At least they still have George Russell on the books (and Pascal Wehrlein).
And Guenther. And Auer. And the others too.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3838781)   #68
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Russell strikes me as the most likely candidate for the F1 team (IF Mercedes go on beyond their current commitment).
Old 26 Jul 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3838841)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell in F1 next season
Old 26 Jul 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3838928)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With?
Old 26 Jul 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3838931)   #71
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Might Toro Rosso be persuaded to take him? McLaren tried to squeeze Norris in at Faenza.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3838971)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Might Toro Rosso be persuaded to take him? McLaren tried to squeeze Norris in at Faenza.
I thought it was Marko trying to 'borrow' Norris!!
Old 26 Jul 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3838972)   #73
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm concerned for Sainz. Nothing wrong with his skill but my feeling is if he loses his seat to Ocon after just one season it will be a major blow for his career.

Maybe right place wrong time?
Old 26 Jul 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3838976)   #74
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm concerned for Sainz. Nothing wrong with his skill but my feeling is if he loses his seat to Ocon after just one season it will be a major blow for his career.

Maybe right place wrong time?
Agreed, losing out on an ever-improving Renault seat would be a body blow.
McLaren aren't the worst option as they may benefit from Key's inclusion, and far better than being shoehorned back into a Toro Rosso. That's career suicide right there.
Apart from that, there's not a lot of options for Sainz. Which is a shame, because he is very good.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3841933)   #75
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ric and Hulk at the Regie sounds like a pretty awesome line-up!