Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Feb 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3886722)   #76
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
What was the washing powder that gave away plastic daffodils in the 60's? A few lorry loads of those would be period correct...
Was it Persil?
Old 26 Feb 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3886784)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Crio Tournesol in France. Serious.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3886834)   #78
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I like the idea of Croft..... I reckon if the daffs have finished flowering they will be replaced by another lot.
More likely they will put up some big wooden safety fences so you cannot see the dead dafs!
Old 26 Feb 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3886842)   #79
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
More likely they will put up some big wooden safety fences so you cannot see the dead dafs!
Are you saying that putting up big wooden safety fencing is a dead dafs idea?
Old 28 Feb 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3887351)   #80
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If my understanding of the latest press release from Goodwood is correct, one will need to join the GRRC, or the 'waiting to join the GRRC' in order to have full access to the live streaming for the weekend. Otherwise, only selected races will be streamed online for the general public, or shown on ITV4.

The press release is however headed by a very nice picture of a Rover!
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3887352)   #81
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
If my understanding of the latest press release from Goodwood is correct, one will need to join the GRRC, or the 'waiting to join the GRRC' in order to have full access to the live streaming for the weekend. Otherwise, only selected races will be streamed online for the general public, or shown on ITV4.

Totally unnecessary money grabbing in my view
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3887354)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any particular Rover John? If it's mine then I'm afraid it won't be there.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3887358)   #83
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Any particular Rover John? If it's mine then I'm afraid it won't be there.
Daily Express - that's you, isn't it Peter?

Leading a Mini 1275 & a sideways Capri out of the chicane.

Last edited by John Elwin; 28 Feb 2019 at 17:17. Reason: Missing word
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3887359)   #84
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup that's me, but I wasn't invited this year.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3887360)   #85
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Isn't that a little galling , given how much media coverage your unfortunate shunt last year created for Goodwood ?
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3887363)   #86
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed it is but there you go. That, as they say, is life.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3887366)   #87
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Daily Express - that's you, isn't it Peter?
Last time I had a look to it was indeed a Rover but not Peter's.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3887367)   #88
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Well, I suppose it was good while it lasted. Not that I’d be able to watch it live this year anyway!

As for the Rover not being invited this year, that is typical, I’m afraid. They have no loyalty. And just a reminder, entrants pay to race at the meeting, not like the Revival, where it is truly ‘by invitation’....
Old 28 Feb 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3887388)   #89
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Totally unnecessary money grabbing in my view
Far stronger words are needed for all this nonsense with streaming.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3887392)   #90
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really? I guess there's a clue in the title "Members Meeting"
Old 28 Feb 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3887412)   #91
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup that's me, but I wasn't invited this year.
Ask for payment for use of your image!
Old 28 Feb 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3887421)   #92
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
You'll probably find that the small print of the entry form gives up all rights to your image in print or on film.

As for the missing live stream it's a poor show when you consider they spend all year spamming my FB timeline, but a sign of the times I'm afraid. I'll block them I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Feb 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3887426)   #93
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
Really? I guess there's a clue in the title "Members Meeting"
MM for those attending.I thought the point of live streaming was for those who couldn't attend even if your not a member.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3887433)   #94
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
MM for those attending.I thought the point of live streaming was for those who couldn't attend even if your not a member.
For what it’s worth, streaming will be available to GRRC Fellowship members (which costs about £35 pa), not just full members.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3887434)   #95
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood has again done a great job of alienating the public who are interesting in racing by putting a pay wall up for the live streaming. I can only hope they disappear up there own arses soon. ******s!
Old 1 Mar 2019, 06:10 (Ref:3887464)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
There’s obviously going to be divided opinions on this. Some GRRC members will welcome the event becoming a little more exclusive, while others that have no desire to pay £35 just to (potentially) watch 3 events in full over the year, will think it a poor move. I appreciate that becoming a fellowship member does offer other benefits, but for many people they will be of no benefit......

Out of interest, the GRRC website suggests exclusive live streaming for this event, but doesn’t mention others. So it could be that Revival and FoS are not included? John’s press release could be more explicit on this.....
Old 1 Mar 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3887467)   #97
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Andy you should have a look to some regulations about images here. Doing this you'll notice that some organiser dont suggest regulation any more but terms of sale.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3887468)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Since I will be otherwise engaged on the Friday and thus traveling home on the Saturday I won't be able to either attend or watch this year. But I do hope it is a success because it is a great fun event and having been there at the start (of this version) I wouldn't begrudge those who can attend or enter.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3887469)   #99
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There’s obviously going to be divided opinions on this. Some GRRC members will welcome the event becoming a little more exclusive, while others that have no desire to pay £35 just to (potentially) watch 3 events in full over the year, will think it a poor move. I appreciate that becoming a fellowship member does offer other benefits, but for many people they will be of no benefit......

Out of interest, the GRRC website suggests exclusive live streaming for this event, but doesn’t mention others. So it could be that Revival and FoS are not included? John’s press release could be more explicit on this.....
No, it's not, no mention of the other events.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 07:39 (Ref:3887474)   #100
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't fret Will. We'll get over the lack of live streaming, we'll all go and tend to our gardens or work on our racing cars or any one of a number of things that are more productive than hunching over a laptop all weekend. It'll be like a football match or even F1, we're aware it's happening but it's not part of our lives so won't really worry about it.

And we will forget to watch the ITV4 programme - which normally features very little racing anyway.

And the sun will come up and life will go on. And Goodwood will wonder why, ever so slightly, interest is being lost in their version of historic racing so will increase ticket prices and entry fees to compensate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk