Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Dec 2018, 07:48 (Ref:3867575)   #26
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monsieur Ratel knows how to make money, eliminating all the opposition (even FFSA is under him now). There's no sporting sense in this type of racing. It's impossible to analyze it properly. Biased medal system multiplied on biased evil invented "balance" - no sense but stable income from participants. I'm really amazed that someone outside of drivers' relatives and friends still watch it. Till nobody says anything against this system, it's going to be worse and worse. No way for constructors' battles (everything is decided by "balance" and we do not know how exactly it works), drivers have to deal with stupid sporting regulations that are invented to gain more "entertainment". I bet, someday they are going to revive that "reverse gear racing" not as a show but as a serious championship. Isn't it too late to say that someone still wants to watch usual racing with constructors' and drivers' freedom?
Old 3 Dec 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3867671)   #27
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
On the other side of Ratel's evil empire is ACO. How great is ACO and their championships?
Old 3 Dec 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3867711)   #28
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
On the other side of Ratel's evil empire is ACO. How great is ACO and their championships?

They are both dropping down. That's the reason I've almost stopped to watch this type of racing and concentrate only on the last constructors' championships like (I've never thought I would say so) F1 and GT500. ACO have destroyed the natural engineering ladder with closing LMP2 for constructors - and for a very strange reason there's one certain French company that gets almost all the profit from it. As I've said all that ACO-Ratel-Lotti group of "entertainpreneurs" soon will make you think that reverse-gear-racing is the most professional championship.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 00:04 (Ref:3867753)   #29
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

You like it or not but the sport wouldn't be as healthy and wealthy as it is today if were not the Ratels of this world. The constructors' championships are very nice until the day one constructor decides to move away and leave the championship in deep ****. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3867820)   #30
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
You like it or not but the sport wouldn't be as healthy and wealthy as it is today if were not the Ratels of this world. The constructors' championships are very nice until the day one constructor decides to move away and leave the championship in deep ****. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.

I think you're mixing manufacturers and constructors. They are not the same. There're tons of manufacturers in GT3 and TCR but no constructors, as these classes effectively do not have real technical regulations - everything is equalled by "balance". They do not have to construct a good car. Constructors are competing in 750 Formula and CN today. Everything located above is formed by single make classes. If you accept this degradation - it's you vote and right. As for me I can not find any reason to watch this show, and I'm very frustrated that FIA decided to destroy racing as an engineering competition and people who think the same have almost nothing to cheer nowadays.