Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Feb 2007, 10:23 (Ref:1850417)   #26
GTO Racing
Rookie

GTO Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One last point about the Ascaris which ran in the british GT championship last year. I read somewhere they ran free for engine restrictor, weight and tires handicap.

At Silverstone, on september, the #45 ran on full FIA spec (with a 100 kg ballast) to avoid the 160 kg ballast imposed by british organizer.
The car worked very well since it finished 4th overall.

My question is : which were the rules apply to the GT3 cars, and most particularly to the Ascaris, in the 2006 british GT championship?
Old 25 Feb 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1850972)   #27
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi GTO Racing

They have to run to GT3 regulations from FIA GT3 including any weight, ride height etc. restrictions placed upon them in from the FIA equalisation (the Nogaro test in a couple of weeks).

Otherwise they would run in an invitation class (clearly not eligible for the championship).

Archibold
Old 26 Feb 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1852239)   #28
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Coniston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Archibold,
Will the times set by the FIA driver (Bouchut) at Monza count? He made the best times in the Ferrari and Ascari.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 14:42 (Ref:1853823)   #29
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Coniston

I suspect so, even as a competitor we are struggling to get information on the process. If I understand correctly the key test is at Nagaro on the 6th/7th March. The cars will be assessed by Bouchut over the two days (like at Paul Ricard last year) plus I assume some other technical scrutineer types. At which point the FIA Bureau of Grand Touring Cars will issue a bulletin with the ballast, restrictor size and ride height penalties that the various cars have to run with (for FIA GT3 and any other series that runs those rules).

Maybe others have better information?

Archibold
Old 1 Mar 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1854964)   #30
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Thanks for the clarification Archibold.

The new Ascari team are concerning me a little. I have just been reading that Damax Ascari have signed Luke Hines and seem to be moving forward with a program. Nothing seems to be forthcoming from the factory team - Team Berlanga - no press release to announce their intentions or drivers? Has anybody heard anything on the grapevine?
Old 2 Mar 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1855432)   #31
Leoparky
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
Leoparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look closely on the FIA GT3 website it would appear both Klaas and his daughter Pauline are the first drivers....there is not even any pretence that it is not a factory team. I have looked up on the web abd the name Berlanga is a area down in southern Spain.....strangely enough the same place where his race track is situated.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 10:31 (Ref:1855437)   #32
Leoparky
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
Leoparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ascari's PR is as effective as the current lot being done......NOT!!! by TVR:-)
Old 2 Mar 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1855700)   #33
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd argue with the sentiment that Ascari's PR is poor - earlier today a scribbler from Autosport and myself were given the tour and told plans for the coming season - I'll leave it to Autosport to fill you in on the sporting side.

One thing I dodn't realise about the KZR1 is that it has a Carbon chassis. Its a pretty serious racing cars.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1855778)   #34
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
One thing I dodn't realise about the KZR1 is that it has a Carbon chassis. Its a pretty serious racing cars.
Wasn't that the reason Embassy couldn't pedal one in GT2 last year? or is it a slightly different model we're talking about here...?
Old 2 Mar 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1855869)   #35
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, if I remember well the reason was just that, carbonfiber chassis....
Old 2 Mar 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1855893)   #36
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
The KZ1 has always had a carbon chassis - like an Enzo or a Pagani. It was prevented from running in GT2 because of that thats why it's a bit of a suprise it's allowed in GT3! But hey, I like the car so I'm not bothered! I can see why other competitors may well be keeping a close eye on its performance though.