Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Oct 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3935784)   #126
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MM#93 takes the win at a canter from Quatararo Dovi and Vinales.
Crutchlow takes 5th on the line
Another nightmare for Rossi, ending in the kitty litter after running in 11th.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3935790)   #127
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just realised that is premier category win #54 for MM.... matching Mick Doohan. Only Ago (68) and VR (89) have more.
Old 20 Oct 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3935849)   #128
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to admit my interest in this series is starting to wane, I detest domination, and this just means I will probably spend most time watching supports and turning of the main race as soon as he gets in front, it is just relentless, if i needed to watch that I would watch F1, and I haven't watched that for years now either.
Old 21 Oct 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3936102)   #129
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must confess that MM's dominance can get a bit boring but another great victory nonetheless, the privateer Yamahas are not far off the pace though and it will be interesting to see whether they can make more of a challenge at Philip Island with its' twists and turns. Cal Crutchlow's ride on an ill handling machine was very impressive, the Honda in qualifying looked absolutely evil. As for the factory Yams, the less said the better. The Moto2 and 3 races were exciting as usual always going down to the closing stages but I do wish the BT Sport commentators including Suzi perry would not include spoilers for the support races on their intro to the main race.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 07:39 (Ref:3936185)   #130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would be nice if more could challenge Marquez, but he's on another level. Anyway there was some great racing behind, especially by Dovi. And Fabio is definitely a champion of the future
Old 23 Oct 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3936465)   #131
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It would be nice if more could challenge Marquez, but he's on another level. Anyway there was some great racing behind, especially by Dovi. And Fabio is definitely a champion of the future
I have followed MM ever since he started on the race circuits and it was obvious that he was going places. He often does motocross meetings when he has time and Honda actually told him some while ago that they didn't want him to as he could easily injure himself and put the team in jeopardy. He called their bluff and they backed down as they know how special he is to Honda and he would have no trouble riding for a rival team.
Both the Marquez brothers holiday in my village in Spain and turn up at the local bars and clubs.
Regarding a challenger It's got to be Quartararo who in his rookie season made very few mistakes and at the moment is the only one to consistently hang on to MM in the complete race.
The one thing that I have always liked about Marquez is the fact that he pushes himself to the limit in qualifying and very often falls off in the process finding it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3938678)   #132
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well domination, but not by MM for a change.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3938721)   #133
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to Vinales winning, shows Marquez can be beaten, but it was a good chase by him
Old 5 Nov 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3938770)   #134
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yes a good win by Vinales and I don't know if MM could have won as that high side in Qually must have "dulled" him a little. As for Lorenzo WTF It's unbelievable that a few years back he would just clear off like MM when he was with Yamaha !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2019, 22:17 (Ref:3938775)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

Lorenzo can’t blame it all on his injury, he should retire now to restore some pride
Old 9 Nov 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3939469)   #136
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KTMs Moto2 looks a real rocket now, shame they are leaving the class. Especially as Tech3 stopped making their own chassis last year too.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3939657)   #137
S griffin
Veteran

Final round at Valencia next weekend. Any odds on Fabio getting his first win?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3939658)   #138
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Final round at Valencia next weekend. Any odds on Fabio getting his first win?
Trouble is will Valencia suit the Yamaha? More point n squirt go kart track isn't it?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3939680)   #139
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I'm pretty sure that MM will have a real "do or die" next weekend, however so will some of the others including Fabio who will be desperate to put his stamp on who is the better Yamaha rider.
Whatever it will certainly be worth a watch and I would liked to have been there but at the moment I am in the "sunny" UK for a month :
Old 10 Nov 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3939684)   #140
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Yes a good win by Vinales and I don't know if MM could have won as that high side in Qually must have "dulled" him a little. As for Lorenzo WTF It's unbelievable that a few years back he would just clear off like MM when he was with Yamaha !
… and he won three GPs on the Ducati last year.

This year it looks like he thinks his mechanics are trying to kill him and he doesn't trust that all the nuts and bolts on the bike are properly tightened.

Seriously though, at the beginning of the season he said that if he couldn't take it to Marquez he had only himself to blame, he seems to have realized he has no chance of taking it to Marquez, and has simply given up.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3939688)   #141
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Seriously though, at the beginning of the season he said that if he couldn't take it to Marquez he had only himself to blame, he seems to have realized he has no chance of taking it to Marquez, and has simply given up.
There was a program on the box in Spain over the winter where they interviewed him where he said that he was confident that he could adapt to any bike !, how he could say that with the abysmal results that he had when we all saw the results when he first changed to Ducati !!
No doubt the Honda isn't the easiest bike to ride but Cal is "normally" up the front somewhere but does tend to crash later in the race unfortunately.
It's OK for us armchair racers to criticise of course as we are all much better than the guys actually doing it
Old 10 Nov 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3939689)   #142
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
There was a program on the box in Spain over the winter where they interviewed him where he said that he was confident that he could adapt to any bike !, how he could say that with the abysmal results that he had when we all saw the results when he first changed to Ducati !!
No doubt the Honda isn't the easiest bike to ride but Cal is "normally" up the front somewhere but does tend to crash later in the race unfortunately.
It's OK for us armchair racers to criticise of course as we are all much better than the guys actually doing it
I'm off the opinion that Honda are short sighted developing a bike around MM. Imagine if he was out for half a season for instance, who else could ride the bike to victories? Cal? Every so often. Who else? They would be better developing a more rideable bike that everyone could get a performance not just the freakishly talented Marquez. Marcs been very smart I think making a bike that only he could win on. I mean he could win on a more friendly Yam or Suzuki just as easily, as well as obviously a Ducati. He could probably win on a KTM given a chance. I bet theyd love to sign him....
Old 10 Nov 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3939693)   #143
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I mean he could win on a more friendly Yam or Suzuki just as easily, as well as obviously a Ducati. He could probably win on a KTM given a chance. I bet theyd love to sign him....
Yes he probably could but he would then start adapting whatever bike to his own likings and upset the applecart with the other works riders if he was still head and shoulders above them. At the moment he has only done it in Moto GP on the Honda so we don't know. Lorenzo was unbeatable on the Yamaha don't forget
Honda knows at the moment MM is the only rider that is capable of leading them into multi championship wins on the current bike. I said in an earlier comment that they tried to stop Marc doing Motocross in Spain in his own spare time and Marc called their bluff and literally said "OK we will talk about it when the next contract comes up, but I'm still going to do it" !
Old 10 Nov 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3939753)   #144
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is what MM gets up to in his free time, as you can see by the footage it wasn't professionally videoed ! and although it is on my site I didn't film it. No wonder Honda are worried about him, at least he is using a Honda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MqW958C1I
Old 11 Nov 2019, 01:30 (Ref:3939850)   #145
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
This is what MM gets up to in his free time, as you can see by the footage it wasn't professionally videoed ! and although it is on my site I didn't film it. No wonder Honda are worried about him, at least he is using a Honda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MqW958C1I
Point taken! The whole of Honda's MotoGP program must be flashing before the Honda board when they see this!

"It's OK for us armchair racers to criticise of course as we are all much better than the guys actually doing it " Gordon.
Nope, as far as Marc Marquez goes, not at all! He is guaranteed, an alien!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3939912)   #146
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I would think that Marc was showing his mate (who is on crutches) how it should be done ! and his comment was "Mother of God"
Old 11 Nov 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3939946)   #147
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I would think that Marc was showing his mate (who is on crutches) how it should be done ! and his comment was "Mother of God"
Much like he scares his friend, Marquez scares me stupid, he just doesn't seem to have the fear gene at all, and that seldom works out well for anyone in the long run, but boy do I enjoy his talent!
I think he is the best I have ever seen on a motorcycle period, and he is a pleasure to watch, the previous title holder being Casey Stoner.

Last edited by wnut; 11 Nov 2019 at 12:41.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3939955)   #148
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Much like he scares his friend, Marquez scares me stupid, he just doesn't seem to have the fear gene at all, and that seldom works out well for anyone in the long run, but boy do I enjoy his talent!
I think he is the best I have ever seen on a motorcycle period, and he is a pleasure to watch, the previous title holder being Casey Stoner.
Yes he doesn't seem to have that "fear" factor and as we all know he will push until he falls off in qualifying.
I can't think off another rider that has done that and is still riding today, several have done it over the years but didn't last too long and most finished up in the cemetery
I have watched motorcycle racing since the early sixties and have seen all the greats over the years including Hailwood who IMHO was brilliant at whatever he chose to ride and always looked in control.
I know that this is a completely different era with all the safety measures at the major circuits and riders airbags and safety gear etc and I do wonder if that could make some of the riders think that they are invincible ?
Old 11 Nov 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3939956)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

I think Marquez squeezes fear better than others, it’s what helps make a great rider.
Old 14 Nov 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3940590)   #150
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and indeed .. Lorenzo retires after Valencia.
so .. who's in that Honda Repsol next year, doubt they will get ALexM ..
Cruthlow? Takagami? Zarco?
somebody else?

Ciao Marco