Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3855722)   #1516
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Call my Name
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or they could just rebadge an Oreca like Renault (sorry, Alpine....)
Old 18 Oct 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3857593)   #1517
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mclaren set to get what i would imagine is a much needed cash infusion via a new sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola for the remainder of the year.

the article suggests that there are options to extend if the deal proves beneficial.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/c...laren/3197157/

a bit surprising as i thought Coca Cola had sold its energy drink interests over to Monster a few years ago.

also interesting (well maybe more interesting to Canadians as legalization of marijuana just came into effect yesterday) is that Coca Cola are apparently making big investments in cannabis infused beverages...which i imagine will be the next big thing in drinks that you really shouldn't drink.

which i suppose makes F1 a perfect space to advertise in!
Old 18 Oct 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3857596)   #1518
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Mclaren set to get what i would imagine is a much needed cash infusion via a new sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola for the remainder of the year.

the article suggests that there are options to extend if the deal proves beneficial.

a bit surprising as i thought Coca Cola had sold its energy drink interests over to Monster a few years ago.

also interesting (well maybe more interesting to Canadians as legalization of marijuana just came into effect yesterday) is that Coca Cola are apparently making big investments in cannabis infused beverages...which i imagine will be the next big thing in drinks that you really shouldn't drink.

Coca-Cola bought a stake in Monster in 2014, in order to expand Coke's energy drinks market. In exchange, Monster transferred ownership of its Natural Soda range to Coke.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3857657)   #1519
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's cool! Coke rarely-to-never puts their own name on cars, usually only on drivers or they use sub-brands, so that's interesting.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 07:10 (Ref:3857674)   #1520
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I was kinda hoping McLaren would be painting their cars red & white...
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 19 Oct 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3857683)   #1521
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I was kinda hoping McLaren would be painting their cars red & white...
Like the ex Max Stewart Darcy Russel owned (maybe Darcy has sold it on now but he had it for a number of years) Coca Cola Lola F5000.....

Old 20 Oct 2018, 00:57 (Ref:3857838)   #1522
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Like the ex Max Stewart Darcy Russel owned (maybe Darcy has sold it on now but he had it for a number of years) Coca Cola Lola F5000.....

Nice

Or The Wayne at Le Mans 1998...
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 20 Oct 2018, 01:45 (Ref:3857846)   #1523
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren aren't doing IndyCar next year, not full time, what ever that means.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/139498

BTW, I did this Coca-Cola skin for an rFactor mod.

Old 20 Oct 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3857928)   #1524
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
McLaren aren't doing IndyCar next year, not full time, what ever that means.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/139498

BTW, I did this Coca-Cola skin for an rFactor mod.

lol, CART Factor. That's a blast from the past. I did all the original skins for that (bar the Penskes).

Nice to see Coca Cola on a car but that's a really small commitment down there.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3857963)   #1525
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
lol, CART Factor. That's a blast from the past. I did all the original skins for that (bar the Penskes).

Nice to see Coca Cola on a car but that's a really small commitment down there.
Blimey! It was an excellent mod. I still play it every so often. It will be interesting to see what McLaren's livery is going to look like.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3857981)   #1526
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure if there’s much, or any, actual cash. Right now it’s a small deal for a handful of races. Maybe trying to tempt them for 2019.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 10:15 (Ref:3858113)   #1527
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I would so love to see Coca Cola in F1
Old 21 Oct 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3858122)   #1528
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Blimey! It was an excellent mod. I still play it every so often. It will be interesting to see what McLaren's livery is going to look like.
The team that did that mod (me included) went on to work on Reiza Studios products. Some of the team (not me - I took a different route) now work for rF Pro and supply the simulation software to the entire F1 grid. And now we're back on the topic of F1.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3858433)   #1529
JeremySmith
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The McLaren looked like the slowest car to me yesterday..
Old 22 Oct 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3858456)   #1530
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
The McLaren looked like the slowest car to me yesterday..
Lapping at 2/10ths slower than last year.... (as were Williams)

https://www.racefans.net/2018/10/21/...-2017-at-cota/